Funny speech by John Kerry

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:07 pm
Comments in red...

Kerry warns that Bush spending cuts are 'almost criminal'

MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer

04-09) 11:07 PDT CHICAGO (AP) --

Touring a struggling job-training site, Democrat John Kerry on Friday sought to refocus the presidential race on pocketbook issues, warning of "almost criminal" cuts in bedrock training and education programs.

So, on the one hand the Democrats accuse Bush of spending too much. Then a few days later, they accuse him of cutting spending too much.

And just yesterday Ol' Horseface was saying that as President he would cut spending.

Flip-flop needs to make up his mind...either is Bush wrong for spending too much or wrong for making cuts, which is it? Kerry needs to listen to HIMSELF once in awhile.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy during time of war (i.e. TREASON) is beyond criminal. John Kerry - former member of the communist front group "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" - you stand accused.

"I'm tired of talking about valuing families and not valuing families," Kerry said.

This coming for a man who annulled his first marriage.

Kerry tomorrow: "I'm tired of talking about valuing religion and not valuing religion. I'm tired of talking about valuing choice and not valuing choice. I'm tired of talking about valuing war and not valuing war. I'm tired of talking about valuing this and not valuing that."
Just end it with: "I'm tired of talking", because we're tired of listening.[/[/color]

"There are unbelievable, unacceptable, staggering numbers of young lives that are being abandoned in our country."

Kerry held a town hall meeting at a job-training site where officials said their budget and the number of students they can train have been slashed because of cuts.

"This is pretty simple. The workplace of the United States of America is as stressed as I don't think I've seen it stressed at any time," Kerry said. "That's almost criminal. It's not criminal, but I want to underscore how unbelievable it is."

I guess this means Kerry was stoned through the entire Carter presidency.

That sentence ought to be taken out and shot. What the heck does, "is as stressed as I don't think I've seen it stressed," mean? How would that sentence be diagrammed?

Since when does Kerry know anything about "the workplace?" He hasn't held a legitimate job outside the Army in his entire life.

Kerry said that exactly right - "as I don't think I've seen it...". He has never seen the "workplace of the United States" because he has never been a part of it. He has been a leech on society - a politician - except for his "heroic" 4-months service in SEA, for what that was worth. What an arrogant, pompous jerk he is.

Kerry accused Bush of slashing $1 billion from job-training programs. "You shouldn't be abandoned and struggling the way you are today," he said.

Point out that article of the Constitution that authorizes Congress to spend money on these programs. And "general welfare" is not an enumerated power.

After a week of turmoil and mounting deaths in Iraq, Kerry was focusing on jobs and the economy in a Midwest battleground state where 142,000 industrial jobs have been lost in the last three years.

"This campaign is about change," he said. "It's about putting Americans back to work and putting America back on the right track."

Joined at the town hall meeting by Democratic Senate nominee Barack Obama, Kerry said far more attention needs to be paid to struggling school systems like Chicago's, where more than 30 percent of students don't finish high school and the number is even higher for minorities.

"It's time for us to put real mainstream values back front and center," Kerry said. He accused Bush of "a long history of misleading America" about Kerry's plans for the economy.

"Under my economic plan we protect the middle class," said Kerry, rejecting Bush's charge that he would raise taxes as president. "Under my economic plan, we can put Americans back to work."

Kerry denied he was a tax-and-spend liberal. "I'm not confiscatorial," he said of his tax plan, which he argued would simply end tax cuts for the wealthiest.

Bush, Kerry contended, has largely ignored domestic issues like jobs and the economy.

"He thinks more about photo opportunities than he does about job opportunities," Kerry said.

Illinois is a state that has trended Democratic in recent elections and is one Kerry likely must win in the fall. Obama said there's a solid chance Kerry can lock up the state even before the fall campaign.

"We hope to take Illinois out of play sometime in the summer," Obama said.

Kerry opened his day with a fund-raising breakfast where he brought in another $100,000 for his campaign. He couldn't entirely escape the tumult in Iraq, facing questions from big givers about how he would change course.

"This administration has been gridlocked by its own ideology, it's own arrogance," he said. "The job of the president of the United States is to minimize the risk to our troops, minimize the cost to the American people and to maximize the prospects for success." Kerry said Bush has failed on all those counts.

"This administration has stubbornly refused to involve other countries in the real decision making," he said. "I think this has been a failure of diplomacy, a failure of foreign policy."

That drew a quick response from the Bush campaign. "Today, John Kerry had an opportunity to send a clear message that the United States will not be intimidated by a small group of thugs and cut and run from Iraq," Bush campaign spokesman Steve Schmidt said. "Instead, he chose to play politics and again refused to offer any details about what he would propose to do differently."

Amen, brother.

Kerrythink - To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself. That was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'Kerrythink' involved the use of Kerrythink.'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,929 • Replies: 25
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:30 pm
Unfortunately every point you made can be attributed to Dubya also. God save this great nation.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:40 pm
As a moderate R who doesn't particularly like GW, all I can say is that Kerry brings nothing to the table. Raise taxes on the rich! Iraq is bad! I'm going skiing for a week!

Whenever a wealthy politician puts forth a proposition to raise taxes on the rich, you can bet he or she has a loophole that prevents it from hitting their pocketbook. Kennedy's are a prime example, as are the Kerry's.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:56 pm
I've heard it said that most Democrats can't point out a single thing that John Kerry has done that's good. The only thing he's running on now is "I'm not George Bush," and for the standard mainstream Democrat that's not going to be enough to get him elected.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:05 pm
tarantulas:

Not one of your best. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:07 pm
Okay, I'll try to do better. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:13 pm
tarantulas:

We may be on opposite sides of the street politically, but I respect some of your POVs.

Unlike a few unnamed GOP partisans posting here who are totally clueless, you do not fall into that category.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:20 pm
Why thank you!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
having said that, he did enunciate clearly how he (kerry) would work to complete the job in Iraq and get down with the real job on terror.
Bush has trashed our international standing . kerry woul , at least try to restore our credibility so that iraq post war , becomes an honest -to-god real international campaign.

your comment that his biggest campaign message is "at least Im not bush' is more and more compelling each day, dont you think?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:24 pm
with every utterance from the 9/11 commission...yes
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:30 pm
Presidents(incumbents) have two agendas:
1. Foreign policy
2. Domestic policy

Americans care more about domestic policy.
Bush's economic numbers will win him the election.

American foreign relations will not recover for 10 years.

Prediction
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:31 pm
farmerman wrote:
your comment that his biggest campaign message is "at least Im not bush' is more and more compelling each day, dont you think?

Only if you're chemically impaired.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:34 pm
Farmerman is always chemically impaired...but that's beside the point.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:44 pm
panzade wrote:
Farmerman is always chemically impaired...but that's beside the point.

That picture looks a little like the town drunk, doesn't it? Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:45 pm
Looks like Ulysses Grant to me. A fine general but a piss poor President
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:32 pm
hahaha!
"That sentence ought to be taken out and shot. What the heck does, "is as stressed as I don't think I've seen it stressed," mean? How would that sentence be diagrammed?"
Well, first of all, if you heard him say it aloud, it makes a lot more sense that when read on paper.
But in a comparison with the way Bush speaks, I don't think you want to go there, do you?! Laughing
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 10:00 pm
Bush speaks like a regular guy. Kerry speaks like he's reading from a script. I would much rather sit down and have a chat with Bush than endure the presence of rich-boy Kerry.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
The problem is that Bush is cutting the wrong programs and spending incredibly high amounts to cover his war.

At the same time he's cutting taxes when spending on the military and corporate welfare is at an all time high. Where does he expect to get this money? Well there's that old trusty savings account called Social Security that he can dip into, so he's not worried.

Get rid of all of the social programs he thinks. They don't help the wealthy anyway. He robs from the poor to help the rich and you love this guy. But you don't have to worry about the poor, they are over there in uniform dodging iraqi bullets.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 10:22 pm
That's sorta true. Most of the volunteers go in cause they ain't makin any money. We need to go back to the draft. Yeah...we'd be outta Iraq pronto
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 10:29 pm
You'd rather sit with "rich boy" Bush than with "rich boy" Kerry, you mean?
0 Replies