Stay at Home Parenting

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 07:58 pm
Ok. I have now been staying home with my children for 5 years now. Honestly, I am starving to go back to the 9 to 5 life. Just posted this to see if there are any other stay-at-home MOMS who are fed up and feel secluded. Let me know. I hope I am not the only one Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 5
No top replies

beebo

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:23 pm
I was only home for four months and I thougth I was going crazy. I was so upset about going back to work & part of it was because I felt guilty about wanting to go back. What really sucked about going back to work was- now I am working 40 hours a week and I still have to do all the other crap.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:12 pm
Oh yeah, it's tough. I've been in very tough work situations. (Director of a social services center chock-full of crises, suicides, murders, spousal abuse, and numerous everyday dramas, 50-60 hour workweeks, etc.) This is the toughest. (I've been a stay-at-home mom for 3.5 yrs.)
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:46 pm
My wife is currently stay at home, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

However, I recall my mother doing the same. She didn't loose herself, but her perceptions certainly changed. She knew she needed out of the house when we had a guest, and she offered him a glass of milk. This was the '70s, and, well. . .

You know, I sometimes wish I could stay at home. But then, I'm very lazy. . .

Have you thought about a part time job in the evenings? You could get out of the house and be away. Maybe 9 to 5 is much too long to be away, even though it looks good now. I guess what I'm saying is, take a small first step, and see how it goes. Then you'll be able to find the comfort level that you want for being away.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:53 pm
I stayed home for 10 years.

I've worked a demanding job and been a full-time mother--and it is far easier to work outside the home.

I know it gets hard. You aren't dressing for success, or having adult conversations, and no one gives you value--no pay, no benefits, no respect....

One day, when you have forgotten about it, you will get paid in full.

I admire you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:01 pm
Then there are us full time workers that envy you full time moms. Honestly it is much more difficult to stay at home. Between my extended parental leave from work and the fact that I have accrued a lot of vacation time, I can understand the difficulty of being home full time. But I loved it - the rewards were much higher being at home. I miss my girls so much when I am at work, but know they are in good hands. Although if I could afford to stay at home, quite honestly I would probably work part-time - perhaps 3 days a week. That would be the best balance.
0 Replies