Why was my Obamacare post removed?

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 05:49 pm
Just curious as to why the two Obamacare posts I made earlier were removed.

Is this site Obamacare friendly or something?
I wasn't nasty... just stating things I've gone through with the healthcare.gov website. Then I gave the amount of money my care for a family of four is suppose to pay in premiums and deductibles... quoted to me from an insurance agent read straight from a chart. The total was $9,480 in premiums and $10,250 in a yearly deductible for a total of just under $20,000 and that's for the bronze plan.

Is that the information they are trying to hide from people? I don't get why my posts were removed. They really shouldn't have been... they weren't nasty or challenging. Why?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 05:55 pm
@glitchgov,
Go to the bottom of this page. Click on 'contact us' and ask the same question. We, members just like you, don't know all the answers.
glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 05:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks... I did that before your post. I just kinda wondering if they remove posts all the time. I could understand if the post was vulgar or threatening... but they were fairly benign, which is why I asked.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:19 pm
@glitchgov,
Did you put a link to a website in your post? Those can be considered spam, which we get a lot of here.

I agree with Lustig Andre re contacting, as I see you have done.

In the meantime, there are a lot of people asking questions on the subject here, and many who are pro or con the affordable care act.
glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay... that's it... I posted healthcare (dot) gov... I was basically talking about it was all. Why don't they just have a program that automatically XXX something out so the post could stay? Anyway... thanks for letting me know.
0 Replies

glitchgov

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
What's weird is the posts all of a sudden have returned. Is it because I contacted them and they revieved it?

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:30 pm
A few times I have been unable to find certain posts, but later found them. They could have been there all the time.
ossobuco

@glitchgov,
I don't know - I'm not a mod - maybe so. I don't write them much but they (in my memory) usually send an answer at some point. They get busy, I think, and don't always answer right away.

Meantime, welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

glitchgov

@edgarblythe,
I clicked on 'My Posts' tab at the top of the page.
Oh well.. they came back.

Thanks everyone for responding quickly.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:35 pm
Edgar's right. Sometimes you think a post has been removed when it's just hard to find (for whatever reason). When I come to this site, usually the first thing I do is click on 'my posts.' Everything that I've either started or have posted to will usually be there in reverse chronological order (more recent replies first). Makes it easy to follow the threads I'm interested in participating in.
0 Replies

Peter Frouman

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:36 pm
@glitchgov,
After further review, your posts have been restored. The moderating team does an excellent job (often looking at hundreds of posts and reports per day) but we don't always get it right and sometimes there are false positives (especially when a decision is made very quickly). Posts on able2know are never moderated based on political or personal opinions. Anything that doesn't violate the Terms of Service is allowed.

If you believe there has been a moderating error, contacting the help desk is the best way to get it resolved.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 02:01 am
@glitchgov,
Being in the UK, I tend to log on over breakfast, when most of able2know (being American and five or six hours behind GMT) crowd is still fast asleep. That also means that most of the mods are asleep and sometimes that leads to many, many spam type posts swamping the lists.
If I have time, I quickly go through as many as possible, and if I open the post and see a blue coloured "link", especially from a new member, I tend to hit the report button straight away and move on to the next one.
Your username rings a bell and I feel that I may have been the one to send your post(s) to the mods.
They consequently wake from their slumbers some hours later and have to sift through tons of reported posts from all of us every day while trying to eat their cornflakes.
It is not surprising that several genuine posts get chopped now and then, and if it was my error that started this chain of events, I apologize.

0 Replies