Plain Talk

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:21 am
Our current administration prides itself on being "plain talk" kind of people . Well...here's my plain talk re: Condoleeza Rices' testimony. I think her statements are lies. Outright, thought out, unapologetic, purposeful lies. Of course I can't prove it. You can't prove differently.
Just when I think apathy has set in, just when I think I have become mercifully numb, something like this happens.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60587-2004Apr8.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 785 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:25 am
Condi Rice is a careerist, plain and simple. She will do and say what she has to do survive and prosper. She's found the perfect niche for herself: a person of color who can espouse the party line for a group of white conservatives desperately needing some diversity in their midst...
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:43 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Condi Rice is a careerist, plain and simple. She will do and say what she has to do survive and prosper. She's found the perfect niche for herself: a person of color who can espouse the party line for a group of white conservatives desperately needing some diversity in their midst...

That statement has a disturbing smell of racism about it. She got the job not because of the amount of melanin in her skin, but because she is an intelligent and accomplished individual.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:49 am
Think of it what you will, Tarantulas. I didn't question her intelligence or her resume.

By point of comparison, I think Colin Powell is amply qualified, yet he's curiously being kept in the background these days. Could it be because he can't mouth the BS that's the party line without gagging?
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:57 am
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040408/mdf520232.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 12:09 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Think of it what you will, Tarantulas. I didn't question her intelligence or her resume.

By point of comparison, I think Colin Powell is amply qualified, yet he's curiously being kept in the background these days. Could it be because he can't mouth the BS that's the party line without gagging?

10-4
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 12:43 pm
Quote:

And if she was white, the Bush-haters would be saying there are no (or not enough) minorities in the Bush administration. For crying out loud, what DO these people have to do to get any credit at all? And can you explain how your assessment of Condi Rice is NOT racist?
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 01:05 pm
"And if she [Rice] was white........" foxfyre

ROFLMAO!!!!

Nothing's more pathetic than a right-winger badly playing the race card!
[/color]
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:47 am
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0408-04.htm

this is interesting reading....btw I know I will be accused of hatefulness but i can't help it....every time I see Condi Rice I am dumbstruck by how pathologically unattractive she is....and how absolutely hateful she looks anytime anything crosses her path...she truly is demonic looking to me.......
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear:

The First Amendment is still intact, so fear not.

While I would never mistake Rice for a babe (Pamela Anderson or Halle Berry), I don't find her exactly unattractive.

What is so off-putting about Rice is her steeliness: she utterly lacks even a suggestion of warmth. And, she has those 'dead eyes' so often encountered in conservative circles.

Hell, even GOP propaganda queen, Peggy Noonan, despite always appearing to be auditioning for a mother role on Melrose Place by tossing her bleached hair about, can muster warmth.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:30 pm
I find her frightening looking, seriously. I see not one single spark of humanity in her eyes.

That hair do reminds me of Shelley Long playing Mrs. Brady in the remake as well and that's not good.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 05:48 pm
Personality
Having read a few of her bios, it seems that she is bright, highly driven and does posses nice qualities as a person. She has been photographed in pensive and even mean looking poses but that is probably the stress that she is under. That's not my concern, neither is her appearance or what race she is. My concern is her lack of understanding of her job before 911 and her cover-up and lies and of the huge mistakes Bushco has made and is still making.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:09 pm
Re: Personality
pistoff wrote:
Having read a few of her bios, it seems that she is bright, highly driven and does posses nice qualities as a person. She has been photographed in pensive and even mean looking poses but that is probably the stress that she is under. That's not my concern, neither is her appearance or what race she is. My concern is her lack of understanding of her job before 911 and her cover-up and lies and of the huge mistakes Bushco has made and is still making.

Her appearance is far from my worst concern about her either, don't get me wrong. It was just an aside. She's scary looking IMO and that just makes it even harder to believe her bullshit. As you may recall, contrary to popular belief, Lucifer is supposed to come as an angel of light. People might be more inclined to believe her if she looked like Halle Berry. :wink:
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:29 pm
OK
Sure, I would prefer that she looked more like Hali. Smile Oh.... but that would make it more difficult er um to dislie her. hehehe
0 Replies