I met a really cool guy at the gas station last night

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the bus trip planner to that address.

No stops near there, would have to walk up that hill 3/4's of a mile to the closest bus stop, and walk half a mile once I got to my home stop.

So, I'd have to walk 1.25 miles of a 2.7 mile trip, pay a buck one way and ride the bus 6 minutes, for a drive that takes me 10 minutes, door to door.

Thanks
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:34 pm
@chai2,
don't thank me, thank Texas.

your community leaders priorities are elsewhere, I'd imagine...
chai2

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:58 pm
@Rockhead,
Well, actually, why would I want to take a bus when I live 2.7 miles from work, and it takes me 10 minutes to get there? Where I cut through a shopping plaza that I can stop at to fulfill any quick stops I may have to make on the way home?

I use about a gallon of gas back and forth for the entire work week, instead of paying $2 a day to get to work and back.

I have a vehicle if I want to drive up that hill in the middle of the day to get lunch, which is the closest place with food. The building I work in is nestled into the side of the greenbelt with a few other business buildings, not in a plaza.
I don't have to get to the bus stop the suggested minimum 10 minutes early each way, and there's no chance that I'd be running late and miss the bus.

From my house to the nearest bus stop on the closest traveled road is half a mile anyway, regardless of where I wanted to go.

$2 a day bus fare, plus at least 20 minutes of waiting on a corner each day, regardless of weather, walking to the stop in rain, 110 degree weather, ice , no access to a place to purchase lunch within walking distance because of a really steep hill, as opposed to a 10 minute, traffic free drive to work....plus cutting through a shopping plaza with a Sprouts grocery store where I can stop to pick up something I need on the way home, 5 or 6 food places, a Sally's Beauty Supply to get my semi-permanent hair color, a bunch of other stores if I need them. As opposed to waiting, walking, getting back in my car to run to the store to pick up something I need.

Sometimes public transportation isn't the best option. Even if I had a bus stop in front of my house, and there was one in front of the building I work in, I wouldn't take it. Not in this situation.

Honestly, I have no problems with Texas. It's been very good to me, and I enjoy living here very much.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 01:11 am
@chai2,
I like Texas as well. Especially their lead singer, that Sharleen Spiteri woman.
She could stir my porridge any day.

She hasn't texted me either.

0 Replies