THE LEGEND OF COLIN POWELL

au1929

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 09:36 am
The question is who is pulling Powell's leash
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 11:07 am
I confess to being puzzled by what is going on re: Powell. First and foremost, he is a military man, and will abide by that authoritarian structure of following orders from above. He could not do otherwise, without resigning first. And I do believe that he is electable.

But on "Meet the Press" this morning, L. Graham (R-south carolina) and Bush buddy, made a comment, and I wish I could remember the precise words used, about "Powell's remarkable transformation" from a let's take things slowly here position to an OK, let's get on with it position.

It has long been known what Powell's natural tendencies, or personal predlictions have been re war with Iraq - at least in the past. We may never know what really is going on within Powell now, today, until people start dying and someone is finally able to speak the truth, for the record.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 11:15 am
It depends who is yanking his chain. It seems quite apparent at least to me that he can be lead. There must be a Svengali in that administration. Rumsfeld or the ever elusive Chaney, who do you think is giving the marching orders? Could it be Ari he seems to have all the answers.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 11:18 am
to the leash has been added a muzzle, the word "heel" come to mind.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:07 pm
Craven has said he likes Powell. I hope he looks in here and sees why I object to him.
0 Replies