January 18th--anyone going

JoanLee

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:44 am
Blatham -- Hello. Thanks for the guidelines and for introducing me to Able2know. I am trying to learn to navigate it properly right now. So far, so good...if you get this message, that is. joanlee11 from Abuzz
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 10:01 am
WELCOME, Joanlee11 aka Jo! I think you will like it here and we are so happy you could join us!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 11:54 am
I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but most of the airlines are discounting their fares, and it's a good time to travel to Washington DC. Good luck! c.i.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:49 pm
Joan!!! Welcome indeed!

Let me know if you need any assistance. But it's pretty smooth sailing around in here once you get a bit familiar.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:51 pm
ci

Thanks kindly for the travel advisory. Do you think I'd have any trouble getting across the border with a box of aged tomatoes and an industrial-strength slingshot?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 01:50 pm
Well it is official!

I sent out my check to reserve a seat on a bus to DC!

I hope to see a few of the "Pack" there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 02:04 pm
I saw the air fare from San Jose, CA, to Washington DC for $99 each way. Now, that's a great bargain! c.i.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 12:52 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
steissd, That's the problem with Bush's war with Iraq. He still has not made a case for war.

With respect, he has made a case, and repeatedly. That you do not accept them does not mean he has not laid out his reasons.

You may not be among them, but it is clear to me that there are some for whom no reason or evidence would be enough. The only pertinent fact for them is that Bush advocates it, which puts them automatically and unthinkingly against it.

This works for anything. It really doesn't matter what the issue is.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:24 am
Indeed, tres, I've had the same thought.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 06:51 am
Granted. But in fairness, I think the reverse is also true...that there are those for whom any evidence would suffice to go to war, and who would support Bush wrongness notwithstanding.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 07:08 am
People supporting Bush think we are against him because we don't like him. No; that's just one of the perks. People who accuse dissenters of unthinkingly opposing war in Iraq are dead wrong. We need some evidence to lead our conclusions to war, not dire warnings and empty rhetoric. Bush has drawn a blank. Calling dissenters names will not alter this simple fact.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:45 am
Good point, edgar, but you know what they say about "fear." Wink c.i.
0 Replies