Patrick Ching "The Hidden Valley"

lazuras

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 01:49 pm
Ok ... I bought a print or what I believe is a print today of "The Hidden Valley" by Patrick Ching. What I do not understand is that his prints are advertised as being on matte paper. The picture I purchased today gives off a glare to light and the colors are really vibrant. That is especially in light. The other thing I noticed was the signature on the picture itself doesn't match the ones I have seen on other prints of this picture. The picture is around 8x10. I was wondering if anyone might have an explanation. Any help will be appreciated.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/lazuras56/20130909_132811_zps20f30132.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,784 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 08:00 pm
@lazuras,
signature "in the stone is a pat of the print. The signature on the MAT seems weird as its not the normal way of signing a real print approved or pulled by the artist. Are you sure Ching signed the mat?
Im not fmilir with this artist but maybe if you contct him or hi agent and find out why it was signed in the mat instead of on the paper. We often change mat of works since mats can get dirty nd are often chosen to "go with the wall" . If his sig is real, you seem to be stuck with that mat.
I don't know what to say other than that.
0 Replies