izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 01:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What a well thought out and well delivered riposte to the idea that one motivation of Christianity is wealth.

Let's put it in terms you might be able to comprehend. What would motivate someone to tell people that he is the disciple of the one true God, and everyone had better do exactly what he says? I suppose the motivation there could possibly be is that they're the disciple of the one true God.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 02:58 pm
Izzy said- "if you aren't interested in what serious scholars have to say.."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, what's the matter with you guys, first you seem overawed by the catholic church, and now you seem to be overawed by "scholars"!
As I said earlier, I don't give a rat's ass about caths or any other Organised Religions, and I also don't give a rat's ass about so-called "scholars" because I don't need them to do my thinking for me..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 03:02 pm
Izzy said- "Let's put it in terms you might be able to comprehend. What would motivate someone to tell people that he is the disciple of the one true God, and everyone had better do exactly what he says? I suppose the motivation there could possibly be is that they're the disciple of the one true God."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry mate you've lost me, since when did Matthew bully people?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 03:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You don't do thinking. I've not got any time for stupid people so I'll bid you adieu.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 05:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
what. About religions that claim the soul survives death?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about 'em?
Are they spproved by God?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 10:33 pm
Neologist said- "About religions that claim the soul survives death?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romeo replied- "What about 'em?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neologist came back with- "Are they spproved by God?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends which specific religions you're talking about mate?
For example some mickey-mouse "religions" like Spiritualism claim that souls can be whistled up to talk to us at will-
MEDIUM- "Is there anybody there?"
VOICE- "Yes this is Albert Wilkins"
ALBERT'S WIDOW- "Oh Albert, what divine message do you bring us from the other side?"
ALBERT- "Buy your fish fingers at Tesco, they're cheaper there; watch the milkman he's on the fiddle; and be careful walking down Saxby Street on your way home, the dog at number 12 has done a heap in the middle of the pavememt again"

For the record Christianity says spiritualism is a crock and that souls sleep peacefully until they get a wake-up call on judgment day-
"Josiah got rid of the mediums and spiritists and idols and all the other abominations." (2 Kings 23:24)
"Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)
Jesus sticks with his mates! He said of his dead friend:-"Lazarus is asleep, but I'm going to wake him up now" (John 11:11)

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 04:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm talking about nominal christians
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 02:25 pm
Neologist said- "About religions that claim the soul survives death?.....Are they spproved by God?"
Romeo replied- "Depends which religion you're talking about mate?"
Neologist answered- "I'm talking about nominal christians"
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What are they exactly?

PS- how can I put up an avatar like other people to help me locate my posts more easily as I scroll down?
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 06:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .PS- how can I put up an avatar like other people to help me locate my posts more easily as I scroll down?
Click on your profile for instructions.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 07:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
I'm talking about nominal christians

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
What are they exactly?

Well, you know, the folks you 'slap around' on other forums. I'm curious about how that takes place. As one of the few believers with the temerity to post in these fora, I'm waiting to see if you truly are a slapper or just another slapee.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 01:57 am
Think of me as a "circuit judge" doing the rounds of forums to put offenders (usually phoney christians) in their place if they step out of line by shooting them down with full metal-jacketted Bible quotes.
Tell 'em Reese-
"Listen, and understand.
Romeo the terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/terminator2.jpg

PS- the avatar business is too fiddly for me, we have to load it into an external site and it "follows us around from site to site".
I don't want it to follow me around the internet like a cocker spaniel, i prefer a different avatar for every site.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 02:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
This is how I think of you.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080426093830/uncyclopedia/images/0/0d/Terryf.jpg
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 06:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
MWAAAH I came here hoping to slap phoney "christians" around, but if they're ducking a fight I'm very disappointed..Smile
Waddya say Rock?
Quote:

Sounds to me like they are smarter than you. We'll see who gets slapped around. Are you new here or just a new username serving as entertainment?
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 07:10 am
@IRFRANK,
I suspect he's a newbie. He acts as though religion were the purpose of this site. I don't think he realizes just how minor a topic it is here.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 07:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Think of me as a "circuit judge" doing the rounds of forums to put offenders (usually phoney christians) in their place if they step out of line by shooting them down with full metal-jacketted Bible quotes.

You seem to be a bit angry and enjoy the fight too much to be a good Christian to me. Maybe a bit more old testament?

Some folks come here for the community and to have honest debate. It's a shame that sometimes this place attracts people that just want to 'slap someone around' on the internet. A sad commentary.

0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 07:14 am
@Setanta,
He may be my first long term use of the ignore feature.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 07:33 am
@IRFRANK,
I don't use that feature. (I did once, and once only, and the problem literally went away--it confirms my belief that if you ignore them in the ordinary manner, they'll go away.) I think this joker is just another loud-mouthed Jesus freak, and that he'll eventually tire of it and go away to bother someone else. Whether or not he does, you can just ignore him. I confess to enjoying the part where we get to call them bullshit artists and point out why.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 09:02 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Think of me as a "circuit judge" doing the rounds of forums to put offenders (usually phoney christians)

What do you consider "phony" christians exactly?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 09:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Think of me as a "circuit judge" doing the rounds of forums to put offenders (usually phoney christians) in their place if they step out of line by shooting them down with full metal-jacketted Bible quotes. . .
You don't seem to be living up to your claim. I would enjoy a good discussion. Check my topics for a few suggestions: http://able2know.org/user/neologist/topics/
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 02:47 pm
Guys, guys, this is my thread and if you can't take my superhuman wit and intellect go sit in the corner sucking your thumbs and rocking on your haunches..Wink
PS- here's some feedback from people around the net over the past 11 years (my name is Mick)-

ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"