I Don't Know What Career I Want To Get Into, Please Help?

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:21 pm
I just started 10th grade this year and I'm getting to the point where I have to think about colleges and careers. I had a 3.14 GPA last year and i'm looking to do better this year, I'm afraid once I get to college I won't know what major to take. I'm interested in physics and have self taught some theories and ideas and want to learn more. But I also am interested in computers. I'v built my own computer and know the parts inside and out, I also know some basic Java Script programming. Can anyone give me some advice for choosing a career? I like the idea of physics but I haven't been the best at math, I understand the math currently but it just takes me a bit longer.

boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:40 pm
@TheMindFreak,
So you're what -- 15?

I don't know how anyone expects a 15 year old to know what they want for a career.

<sigh>

College used to be a time to explore your ideas and interests and find the thing that fired you up.

If physics is the thing that fires you up, study physics.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:18 pm
@TheMindFreak,
You won't be the first to start in one major and finish in another. I started in chemistry, degreed in psychology and retired 10 years ago from a successful sales career. My eclectic background proved to be an advantage.
0 Replies