URGENT: College Decision Advice Needed

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 07:34 am
Hello everyone! I am mainly seeking the advice of archaeologists. I have a very large decision to make. I am a student hoping of becoming an archaeologist. I recently completed my first year of college at Gettysburg College. However, I also got into Cornell as a transfer and am trying to decide where to go. Of course Cornell is the more prestigious school and has a larger program, but I also made very good relationships with my professors at Gettysburg and overall prefer the smaller size of the campus and classes. Will the pedigree of my degree make or break my chance of getting into a graduate program or job, or would you say internships and such are more important? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 01:40 pm
@Acbmilo9,
Education
Love of History
actual involvement
exploration
traveling

Beyond that you need to actually talk to professors themselves. Just research colleges, find if the professor is there and write.

"I am a student interested in ______ and would like to discuss more about ___ retaining to ______"

That is it. You could even call one if need so
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 02:20 pm
@Acbmilo9,
What are the financial breakdowns between the two schools? If everything is equal, I think Cornell is likely better able to get you placements on undergraduate research opportunities (which can lead to jobs) and graduate opportunities. Would I pay a lot for that difference? No, given that you are happy where you are.
0 Replies