A Chinese Student Gets Caught after Spiking a Girl's Drink

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:57 am
A Chinese student has drawn flak from Chinese netizens after he got caught spiking a girl's drink while having dinner in a cafe in China. The clerk who busted this Chinese student red-handed claims she found the student pouring something into the girl's drink and stirring it up with one of his fingers. Alarmed, the clerk walked over to the girl's table and apprised the girl of what she had seen.

"The lad you were having dinner with just poured something into your drink, lady. And he also left some white powder on the table," said the clerk.

Gobsmacked, the girl left the cafe in a snit, and called the police. She shared this encounter with her friends on Weibo afterwards, which is China's answer to Twitter, with a view to raising awareness about dating rape drugs in China.

" It's hard to believe a student studying in America would do something like this. What's more, he is not contrite. This really hacks me off , "writes this girl.

The student in question claims to be a student from University of Dayton, and his Chinese name is Zhao Nanxi or 赵南溪 in Chinese. Zhao Nanxi, who had returned to China thanks to Covid-19, reportedly told the girl that he had no choice but to say sorry to her after the girl's Weibo story went viral in China. He also told the girl that he had bought such dating rape drugs in America.

" I was thinking about using it to my girlfriend at first. Yet I changed my mind after I saw your beautiful face, " he told her according to their online conversation vouchsafed by the girl. Realizing that the girl's Weido story might ruin his life, he badgered his mom to help him by asking the girl to talk to his mom. Yet the girl demurred, refusing to talk to him or his mom anymore.

" I still have trouble going to sleep, "the girl said on her Weibo. " I could have been raped. That's utterly horrible."

The girl said she had met Zhao Nanxi at a debating competition. At the time, Zhao Nanxi was still the member of a debating team representing a college in Nanjing; the girl represented another college.

" How could he do such a thing to me? I have known him for four years. At any rate, I think I have the duty to dime him out and tell other potential female victims to keep an eye on him, " writes the girl.

Well, maybe too late. Other victims have already come out gunning for this guy for being a trog. " I once slept with him, " another girl said online, adding that she thought having sex with him would be a first step to marriage.

" I was wide of the mark. He just left me for another girl." And I think he must have had lots of bedfriends."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 6,852 • Replies: 49
Topic Closed

chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 10:14 am
Yes. It is truly immoral, unethical and illegal for anyone to attempt to give someone else a drug of any kind with the purpose of committing an act of violence against them.

Someone doing this should be prosecuted and punished to the full extent of the law.
Which would mean that many thousands of people are walking around today having been the perpetrator, or victim, of such heinous acts of violence. Millions of people over the years.
engineer

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 10:59 am
@chai2,
Although given how prevalent stories like this have been over the last decade or so, I wonder what the OP was trying to get at with this particular post.
chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:27 am
@engineer,
I tend to think he is both (a) totally oblivious as to the prevalence and motive behind rape, in particular date rape and (b) Sees Asians, in particular Chinese, as a particular danger.
RABEL222

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:42 pm
@chai2,
No proof. Only an unproven racist post. I tried to find it and couldent. Has anyone found this article?
chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:57 pm
@RABEL222,
That's why I typed "I tend to think"
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:00 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Although given how prevalent stories like this have been over the last decade or so, I wonder what the OP was trying to get at with this particular post.

You really have to wonder?
Come on.

Don't know what the "Although" is about.
I think what I said I tended to think pretty much spelled it out.

0 Replies

hingehead

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:59 pm
Good luck finding any reference to this story on the web anywhere
chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 04:02 pm
@hingehead,
I know. While reading the story I'm thinking "This isn't how people talk"

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:21 pm
@chai2,
The bone of the contention is this Chinese student may still be able to keep studying in America, despite being a dissolute sort.

I think University of Dayton should be doing something as a Catholic university.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:24 pm
@engineer,
I just want to point out the fact that America doesn't need such depraved foreign students. You know this Chinese student is said to have seduced other Chinese girls.
chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:30 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

I just want to point out the fact that America doesn't need such depraved foreign students. You know this Chinese student is said to have seduced other Chinese girls.

See engineer?

Just what I said.
goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:31 pm
@RABEL222,
You can't find it simply because it hasn't been covered by American news outlets. The top brass of CNN and the New York Times are having their hands full with their coverage of BLM. This student is not black.

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:36 pm
@chai2,
This student's former classmates told the press in China that "he was a con artist" when he was still studying in China.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:39 pm
@hingehead,
You can only find Chinese articles concerning this scandal.
goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:49 pm
@RABEL222,
An unproven racist post? Such mordacious accusations are decidedly revolting since I'm not making it up

This student was found pouring something into the girl's drink according to CCTV footage. He also tried to explain away his misconduct by telling the girl that he couldn't shake the though of getting jiggy with a hottie like her, according to the record of their online conversation released by the girl.

"You are so beautiful, " she recalls him saying.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:58 pm
@chai2,
I wrote this piece based on related Chinese articles featuring this cad. It's one of the hottest topics in China.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:07 pm
@goldberg,
I'm not sure if it's acceptable for me to give you guys the link to a Chinese article featuring this Chinese student here. It's not written in English.
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:09 pm
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 09:19 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

See engineer?

Just what I said.

Looks like you nailed it