Zmaluv

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:36 pm
I'm not sure what I need to say, but there's a couple of thoughts I want to share with some of you guys..

This depression making me feel older than the other girls in my age, I feel like I'm trapped and not living my life the way I should or want!

I can't get myself the things I need because I have social phobia it's hard on me to get along with people, I don't have self confidence sometimes I forget everything about myself and feel like I'm nothing and I can't be responsible I rely on other people all the time.

I feel sorry for myself because no one really is gonna be able to help, I'm the one who should take the chances and move but I wish there was someone to stand by me and tell me what exactly I have to do because I feel so lost right now..

The weird thing is that I'm so happy when I'm alone but when it comes to go out and meet people I just can't cntrol the way I think, I don't know why I feel guilty doing what I want with people, I hate bothering them but I end up bothering them some how!

If you have something for me please help and thanx Smile

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:41 pm
@Zmaluv,
There is no sin in being an introvert.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 03:56 pm
@Zmaluv,
This sort of thing is better off being answered by psychologists or doctors.

If you are suffering chronic depression, you should see a doctor (for it may be clinical depression, meaning it's caused by particular chemicals in your body being out of whack)

In any event, with depression, there are several things you can do :
- draw up a list of activities that you enjoy & value, and do those regularly. Doing things you enjoy (regularly) helps remind you (regularly) that life is enjoyable
- exercise regularly : this is actually one of the best forms of therapy. Regular exercise releases chemicals into the body that make you feel better.
- get outside. Sunshine is good for the soul (and so long as it's not excessive, it's good for the skin too)

In relation to low confidence - this too is better off in the hands of psychologists because you may just be severely introverted, or you may have mental scarring from your childhood, or there may be another reason altogether.

Generally though - getting past these things is about taking small steps...accept that you have traits that you wish to change, and start putting one foot in front of the other until you become who you want to be. It's tough at first, but the more you practice, the easier it gets.

Books may also help you, as they can go into a great deal of detail that just can't happen in a forum like this.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 10:01 pm
The fact that you admit you are not happy living like this means that you need to find out how to change.

Find a professional to talk to about getting yourself happier.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:09 pm
@vikorr,
In addition to Vik's excellent suggestions, explore the possibility that your feelings stem from the presence or absence of some trace substance in the bloodstream. Even small amounts of alcohol have that effect on some. I find myself so affected by certain blood-pressure meds not otherwise know for this side effect

Many substances improve mood. To counteract anxiety and depression for instance I take a number of over-the-couner compounds including 5-htp, St John's wort, and kava kava. Be advised however that such nostrums themselves might have side effects, especially that last, which has caused liver problems with some users
0 Replies