Why are "facts" and "compromise" such threatening words to Republicans?

BigEgo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 09:15 am
Facts About Abortion The GOP Doesn’t Want You To Know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 10:57 am
@BigEgo,
What sort of compromise would be sought on the abortion debate? It seems to me that the left wants abortion available at all time for all women with no restrictions. So where is the middle ground?

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:11 pm
Quote:
It seems to me that the left wants abortion available at all time for all women with no restrictions.

You are so wrong about that supposed position, it defies description. What the pro-choice side has been saying since Roe v Wade and before, it that a woman and her doctor be able to make the intimate and personal decision as to whether to continue a pregnancy as a medical decision, as is her right, as is your right, to control what happens to our bodies and ourselves.
The pro-choice has ALWAYS agreed that there should be time limits and restrictions of various sorts, the kinds laid out in Roe v Wade, if you've ever read it.

It's a mistake to mis-state a position of those you oppose.

Joe(it makes you look devious)Nation
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:20 pm
@BigEgo,
The facts about Roe v Wade (from Wiki).
Quote:
Roe v. Wade
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Roe V. Wade)

U.S. Const. Amend. XIV; Tex. Code Crim. Proc. arts. 1191–94, 1196
Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. Decided simultaneously with a companion case, Doe v. Bolton, the Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests in regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting women's health. Arguing that these state interests became stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the trimester of pregnancy.
The Court later rejected Roe's trimester framework, while affirming Roe's central holding that a person has a right to abortion until viability.[1] The Roe decision defined "viable" as being "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid", adding that viability "is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[2]
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:51 pm
@Joe Nation,
Did I say I oppose it? No I didn't. What I said might be an exaggeration but it isn't far off the mark. My only problem with abortion is when it is used like a regular form of birth control. "Oops I'm pregnant again, time for another abortion." That is my only negative take on abortion.

When states have passed restrictions on abortion even slight ones like no abortions after 20 weeks, the left goes ape **** and talks about a war on women and how they are trying to ban abortion. The 20 week limit could be seen as the viable point at which a baby can survive outside the womb with or without assistance from medical equipment.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Women arnt as stupid as you republicans thought they were. Most of them recognize BS when they see it.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Sorry Rabel I'm not a republican. Gave up my registration when the social conservatives couldn't keep their mouths shut.

Care to explain what BS I have put forward, or is this just a drive-by insulting?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 02:07 pm
@Baldimo,
The fact you arnt registered dosent mean that you arnt spouting conservative BS. If it quacks like a duck-------.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 02:08 pm
@RABEL222,
So you do avoid questions. What conservative BS and I spouting?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
He not only quacks like a duck, but shits like one. Mr. Green

'......tiny bubbles....."
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You guys are funny. Picking on me for the effect of picking on me, but can't state what I said that was BS.

So if I am understanding this correctly. I either think exactly what you guys think or I'm full of ****?
BigEgo

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 12:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I'm full of ****.

I agree Laughing
0 Replies