Hyphen crossout revisited

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 11:24 am
One of the difficulties helping another participant with his composition is the difficulties encountered in making a crossout (or srikethrough), especially of a single letter (that's as if a hyphen is superimposed)

Many have been of help in this matter but most suggestions are somewhat more tedious than one would expect in the 21st century

http://able2know.org/topic/218459-1

For instance [ strike ]h[ /strike ] to get

h

requires about 20 keystrokes. So there must be an easier way

Thanks again all for your participation in this monumental project

roger

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:07 pm
@dalehileman,
Yes, strikeout could be included as an option similar to 'Quote', 'Bold', etc. I suppose that increasing the number of editing options would have made their listings wider than the reply box, and hence would have given the page an unbalanced appearance.

Why, you might ask, didn't they just widen the reply box to match the list of options. You may ask, but I'm not going to tell you.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:12 pm
@roger,
Rog you've again made my day whilst just recovering from an attack in another thread
roger

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Actually, I pretty much made the whole thing up, but it does sound somewhat reasonable, doesn't it?

Glad I could improve your day.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:44 pm
@roger,

---- strikethrough is used so infrequently that it wouldn't be worth it for the developers to add it to the text editor...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:48 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Actually, I pretty much made the whole thing up, but it does sound somewhat reasonable, doesn't it?
Very, Rog, in fact

Quote:
Glad I could improve your day.
The only thing that would make it better is the visit tonight of my No. 2 Son when we access the jacuzzi and spend 3 hrs tasting 14 exotic imported brews
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 12:53 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
... when we access the jacuzzi and spend 3 hrs tasting 14 exotic imported brews

Beer in the jacuzzi ... with other men ... for 3 hours ... what could possibly be better than that?

Other than beer anywhere else.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 02:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
…...Other than beer anywhere else.
Tico you might find it great fun. Our Better Half selects from a cooler of about 30 in a blind tasting where we split each bottle, then rate it on scale of 10.0 before guessing at it while the hot water apparently dissipates some of the c2h5oh
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 03:25 pm
@Ticomaya,
am becoming creeped out
dalehileman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:11 pm
@farmerman,
Yea Farm we do stray from the subject don't we
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 07:45 pm
@dalehileman,
if you'd notice, I was responding to Tico's comment that was right on topic. If you please.
contrex

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 01:58 am
I use the Mozilla Firefox browser, and I would find forums a lot more hassle without a Firefox add-on called BBCodeXtra which gives you, when in a forum text-entry box, a right-click menu where you can instantly apply, to selected text or clipboard contents, a number of common tags such as italic, bold, underline, code, quote, image, url, etc plus you can define your own custom codes as well.

dalehileman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 12:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If you please.
Oops
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:35 am
@contrex,
Thank you Con for that report. I was hoping to find aMac built-in crossout but failing that I'll ask my No. 1 Son, an expert at this sort ofd thing, if it's feasible to incorporate the MF
0 Replies