I am a Buddhist and if anyone wants to question my beliefs then they are welcome to do so...

izzythepush

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 05:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Even though the headline said Somerset it did mention other counties too, but not Kent. I am just speaking from my own experience, I've not looked into the linguistics so it may have been an archaic use.

The dialect in Kent tends to have more links to Romany. So much of the regional variances have been smoothed out. They were playing recordings of someone from Surrey in 1916, but he sounded more like someone from Somerset today.

It used to be two separate languages after all, where I am, they used to speak Anglo Saxon, up North they spoke Norse.
izzythepush

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 05:13 pm
@izzythepush,
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pCxz_x4xERo/T-lrQoNnWXI/AAAAAAAAC1c/S5UH-Sz1McM/s640/Jasper_1972+annual015.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TBFfPK9nCMk/T-lrXci4sRI/AAAAAAAAC1k/KJ34TjzLdZc/s640/Jasper_1972+annual016.jpg
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 11:05 pm
@htam9876,
First of all, it's Journey to the West. Second of all, the Buddha described in this text is there to teach Monkey of his limitations. He tries to assert his self to the ends of the universe, much like others whose delusions of grandeur leads them to the same mistake Gautama's father made. Trying to be ruler of the world. You see this as deifying Buddha, but actually, this is again about the path of the Buddha returning to China after its teachings had been lost.
Jasper10

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 12:22 am
@Jasper10,
Buddhism meditative practices are “inward only” and I haven’t read a single post that makes claims to the contrary.

“Inward only” meditative practices puts you in an “out of synch” or “out of the moment” consciousness state and I haven’t read a single post that makes clams to the contrary.

It’s in this “Inward only” meditative state when the individual is “out of the moment” that division or dualistic thinking/reasoning occurs.

Being “in the moment” is more important than any “dualistic” thinking/reasoning outputs.

Therefore you go within or “out of the moment” and you return back out again to “in the moment”….or that is what should happen.

Any “inward only” deliberations always result in mirror imaging.

Well yes they do I hear some say because 0,1…1,0 or +/-…-/+ or good is bad and bad is good is a resealable mirror imaging output assessment..

Well ok I would go along with that but 0,0….0,1…1,0…1,1 is also a reasonable mirror imaging output assessment as well.

Now as all sciences must be related in some way and one of the main sciences relates to magnetism you would expect the magnetic force interactions in nature to be the same.In other words there should not be any attraction/repulsion interactions between magnets, but clearly there is.Not only that, these interactions should all be the same but they are not.

2 off of the interactions produce attraction and the other 2 off interactions produce repulsion.

+ and - magnetic forces in nature are therefore not the same.

Why do I say all this?

Well, when you do your “inward only” dualistic meditations………remember this because you will require a + and a - on both sides of your “inward” dualistic fence in order to balance your meditative equation.

Jasper10

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 01:43 am
@Jasper10,
So I would say that IF all sciences are interconnected and IF there is a connection between logic and magnetic interactions then there isn’t just 0/1…1/0 or +/-…-/+ logic to consider there is also 0/0…1/1 or -/-….+/+ logic to consider as well which is equally important.

I have always consistently maintained in all my posts that as science only ever considers 0/1…1/0….or……+/-…..-/+ logic in its scientific deliberations and resulting calculations that this IS the reason why it has ended up with a HALF theory i.e. the GRAVITY theory.

Let’s not fool ourselves,presently, it is just a HALF theory that HOPES the other HALF will show up one day.

It hasn’t yet……will it ever?

Jasper10

Sun 20 Mar, 2022 01:39 am
@Jasper10,
The only scientific theory that accepts FULL philosophical logic combination outputs is the magnetism theory.

FULL philosophical logic takes into account all the logic output combination scenarios of -/-,-/+,+/-,+/+ and not just half of them -/+,+/-

FULL philosophical logic explains the workings of the cosmos and ties in perfectly with psychology.
0 Replies

htam9876

Tue 22 Mar, 2022 06:29 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
First, the beautiful song “I am a wayfaring stranger” has two different versions, perhaps more…
In Eva Cassidy’s version, it sings “I'm a poor wayfaring stranger, While journeying through this world of woe”;
In the original version of Oscar Price winning film “1917”, it sings “I'm a poor wayfaring stranger
I’m travelling through this world of woe”;
So, piggy doesn’t think that “journey” and “travel” are much different in English.

Second, “journey to the west” is just a fiction. No evidence demonstrated that the author Chengen Wu was a Buddhist. He was a literator only, as well as a lost officer.

Third, The story of Buddha limited the Monkey was just a story in fiction, rather than in religion. It just reflected some social reality, I think.

Fourth, Buddhism is Indian product. So people never can say “Buddha returning to China”, If “its teaching had been lost”, it should return to India!

Fifth, “journey to the west” deified Buddhism because it gave the founder Buddha (佛祖) supreme power. 佛祖 was capable to eliminate any monster. It’s not ordinary people can do that. The fun thing is that some guys consider that actually all those monsters in the journey were pets of those powers.

(We are having a chat in this galaxy only. All opinions are for reference only)

Have a lovely day.
htam9876

Tue 22 Mar, 2022 07:18 pm
@izzythepush,
“…Jasper was a slang term for a wasp…”
Then Jasper10 means ten wasps…Bounce…How evil that guy’s mind is. Perhaps only the First Order would appreciate it very much…
People in a community might not necessary to have the same opinions. But no community has to “allow” wasps to sting people randomly and madly.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:15 am
@htam9876,
Your last post was not nice htam9876.You are clearly upset about something and showing your true colours .What’s wrong?

I’ve have tried to make sense of your science/theories and they make absolutely no sense at all because they contribute nothing to mental health because they are half science/theories and therefore unbalanced.This is the reason I have rejected your science/theories and for no other reason.

I remember you said the reason you started posting on these forums was because you wanted to learn more about philosophy and it’s possible relationship to science.Well from your last post it would appear you are regretting it because you don’t like what you hearing because it challenges your scientific theories too much.

All sciences are interconnected remember.The magnetism theory is balanced and therefore helps with mental health because it allows for all opinions.

You say many times in your posts that you know nothing about science so why are you so against the magnetism theory which is just ANOTHER theory at the end of the day? But it is a better theory than the gravity theory simply because it is a FULL theory rather than a HALF theory and does help with mental health.

What are your views on the magnetism theory? Do you have any?

What are you defending anyway? The science that you say many times in your posts that you know nothing about?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:18 am
@htam9876,
WASP is also an acronym. White Anglo Saxon Protestant.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:34 am
@izzythepush,
That was funny….you are always there with a sting aren’t you izzy.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:42 am
@Jasper10,
It wasn't meant to be funny, it was information.

You're very easily pleased, do you get to sit in the audience of has been comedians?
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:45 am
@izzythepush,
Ha Ha…that was funny..apparently so..
izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 01:46 am
@Jasper10,
Not grim all day then.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 04:34 am
@htam9876,
Lets keep to the subject matter of the original question.

Lets talk about CONSCIOUSNESS....that thing science arrogantly claims we are and yet in the next breath states it knows nothing about it ....its their HARD PROBLEM.

Buddhism INWARD ONLY meditative practices divide consciousness from the "off set"

PERIOD.

The individual takes him or herself into a "not in the moment" consciousness state and then carries out dualistic reasoning within this already "out of balance" consciousness state.

Any one disagree?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 07:09 am
@izzythepush,
10's only grim when there's an audience.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 07:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's a play on words, the concept of the melancholy clown originated with Joseph Grimaldi who said he was merry in the evenings but Grim all day, (Grimaldi.)
bulmabriefs144

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 07:48 am
@htam9876,
Buddhism basically collapsed in its home country. It is not reallt Indian even though its origin is India, in the same way as you could say that Christianity is a Western religion not a Jewish one.

As for the story, China had the Little Goose Pagoda (小雁塔) where Buddhist text was brought to the East. This is a real event, sans pig and monkey.

As for whether the author was a Buddhist, it's pretty clear from reading my version from Foreign Languages Press that the first chapter or two is muddled with Taoist and Buddhist symbolism on the creation of the world and how Monkey came to be. He appears to be a Taoist/Buddhist syncretic, but the key point of the story is to entertain, not to be religiously accurate. Nonetheless, there is nothing about worship of Buddha (compare to The Teaching of Buddha, a disgusting book that literally distorted the ideas of Buddhism, and did so with a hint of being inaccurate to tell a story) that I remember.

If Buddha had supreme power in Journey to the West, it was only deus ex machina function. They needed to write a story and had to get all characters from point A to point B. But even that's not what I remember. I remember Monkey getting assistance from all the various regional powers, from Taoist immortals to Guanyin, to Buddha, to the Jade Empress and Emperor. Each of these had topls for Monkey to borrow, to subdue various demons, all of which had left the courts of office. Also, Buddha and the others had deliberately set these creatures in their path because of bad karma needing to be addressed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:20 am
@izzythepush,
He was confused by the pronunciation of 'clown'.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 24 Mar, 2022 01:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I’m not grim Izzy…I know all about “inward only” meditation.

I’ve moved on from that “inward only”…. “out of synch”…. “out of balance”…. “out of the moment” consciousness meditative practice because I know that getting control of consciousness states is more important.

I’ve moved on from being unaware that I am unaware.