I am a Buddhist and if anyone wants to question my beliefs then they are welcome to do so...

bobsal u1553115

Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:05 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Evidences isn’t definitive proof.

And less so is pulling it out of your ass.

I'll take evidence(s} over your gut any day.
Jasper10

Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:13 am
@bulmabriefs144,
I have faith bulmabriefs144….there is nothing wrong with that either.

I’m sitting on the same fence as Frank….he refuses to GUESS and I have a HOPE in something specific.

Two different things completely.

I believe the Christian scriptures touch on this very point in Matthew 22:11

0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 19 Feb, 2022 10:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I have the evidences and they are evidences enough for me as well bobsal……but I still don’t have definite proof and neither do you……
Jasper10

Sat 19 Feb, 2022 10:31 am
@Jasper10,
It doesn’t stop me from sitting on the fence with Frank though in HOPE…..because all Frank has is a HOPE as well i.e. that his stance is the correct stance.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 19 Feb, 2022 03:18 pm
@Jasper10,
I have definitive proof. I see it every day. I can't give it to you and you can't give it or take it from me.

It's transcendental knowledge and either you have it or you do not.

There is not a thing to argue about. It's certainly nothing to name call over, which is exactly where 90% of the argument inevitably falls in 90% of these "faith" discussions on a2k.

Albuquerque

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:06 am
@bulmabriefs144,
A classical double negative to not know that you not know...meaningless!
If you do know God exists please SHOW it!
It might well be the case that you do Know by the means of a super intelligence that we mere mortals did not spot yet in you, so get down to our level and use plain English such that we came to know what you claim to know.

Isn't that your duty, saving us?

You see...these days there are many, more and less complex, definitions of God so just to start on the right foot please state your OWN perception of what is a God, tell us the ATTRIBUTES you think God has so we can debate if they make sense!
bulmabriefs144

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:13 am
@Albuquerque,
What for?

You've probably been near God. You weren't interested. Now you're all curious when I say you can't have any evidence.

Go ahead, find Him yourself. Go visit all the temples. You'll see him eventually if you make a concerted effort to seek God. People who don't want to see God will not. That's how it works.
bulmabriefs144

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:17 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hahahahaha!!!

Yes, this exactly.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:22 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

What for?

You've probably been near God. You weren't interested. Now you're all curious when I say you can't have any evidence.

Go ahead, find Him yourself. Go visit all the temples. You'll see him eventually if you make a concerted effort to seek God. People who don't want to see God will not. That's how it works.

Bulma is right here, Albuquerque. If you make a concerted effort to seek Zeus, you will almost certainly find him.

That IS how it works!
Albuquerque

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Touché!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 20 Feb, 2022 08:54 am
@Albuquerque,
Bulma has sufficient evidence, to persuade him that there is a God.He exercises is HOPE and FAITH……there is nothing wrong with that.

Other people have HOPE and FAITH in other religions/ philosophies.

When I say everyone knows that they don’t know wether there is a God or not,I’m referring to perfection/imperfection only.

I know what bulma means in his stance but if you take up the Christian scriptures view then he isn’t perfect and so he will still have doubts no matter how small they are.

Hence, until a perfection is attained fully,everyone knows that they don’t know with 100% certainty that God exists or not.

In my opinion…..

Jasper10

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 04:40 am
@Jasper10,
Getting back to the original post challenge….

The Buddha only ever taught “out of synch/not in the moment/out of balance ” inward meditation because he was UNAWARE and a “prisoner of his own consciousness”

He had no concept whatsoever of inward/outward meditative practices.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 07:17 am
@Jasper10,
I'm nor sure that's the case. I've never read any Buddhist core text (the Bible for Christianity, Tao te Ching, Analects (which I found dry and narcissistic, they were like "the master combs his hair eight times to the left", I preferred the teachings of Mencius, which were applying Confucianism in a less than subservient but ultimately more harmonious way), stuff like that), mainly the diamond sutra, some writings on the Six Paths of the desire realm, the difference between form/firmless worlds, and some sectarian writings of certain branches of Buddhism. Also alot of manga, like With The Gods.

I got interested in Happy Science for awhile, which is not true Buddhism as it kinda mashes up religious figures together with Buddhism, and somehow throws in aliens, and such.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mG9Hxo8J8J0
But even Happy Science emphasizes Buddhism as a sort of overcoming reality. For example, if a tidal wave is predicted, the core teaching seems to be to adjust your thinking. The idea being that most ideas of the physical world are delusions, and we can overcome them with a mind that rids itself of attachments. I think this is perfectly fine, that Buddha was by no means a prisoner of consciousness.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAA7nJRc_8I

However, I think Buddhism and Happy Science run afoul of some the Bible taught. While Jesus said the poor are always with us, the overall notion was that you can't just wish a hungry person "peace" and hope for the best. That is, even if there is some notion of overcoming the reality you are in (Jesus did enter Hell, and harrow it out, releasing some dead), there is still an emohasis on helping the poor. It seems to me that Buddhists aren't really involved in that because they are busy trying to free themselves from attachments.

I also think Buddhism had a number of rules (prohibition from marriage, head shaving, uniform) which created a sort of attachment of their own. I prefer Taoism's method of tossing the rulebook out and just going with the flow.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 07:34 am
@bulmabriefs144,
When you only practice “inward” meditation…what happens is that you go inward and thus “out of synch” consciously……..in other words you are “not in the moment”.

You then divide again whilst in this “out of balance”state of consciousness.

In other words,you are one side of the fence only,consciously, and you divide.

Jasper10

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 10:15 am
@Jasper10,
AWARENESS has taken over from consciousness
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 10:16 am
@Jasper10,
It's all over for nonsense one sided "inward" only meditative practices.

If you go "inward" you are "out of synch" ..... consciously.....YOU REMAIN IN THAT STATE UNTIL YOU COME OUT OF THAT STATE.

You can dream up as much as you like in this "unbalanced" inward conscious state ....even dream up an illusionary fence and try to balance both sides.

It changes nothing..... you are still in an unbalanced state of consciousness if you remain "inward" so both sides of this illusionary fence you have created for yourself are "out of synch" as well.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Feb, 2022 01:51 pm
@Jasper10,
So if you go “inward” you are “out of synch” consciously …..you create your fence still in this “out of synch” consciousness state and then you “toggle” between both sides of this illusionary fence you have created for yourself still in this “out of synch” consciousness state and then convince yourself that you are nothing more than an illusion whilst still in this “out of synch” consciousness state.

Jasper10

Thu 24 Feb, 2022 12:32 am
@Jasper10,
You do go inward (go out of synch) but you need to come back out again (back in synch) in order to apply (which is outward meditation) what you have learnt from the inward meditation.

You need to practice inward/outward meditation therefore and NOT just inward meditation.

Jasper10

Thu 24 Feb, 2022 06:25 am
@Jasper10,
Consciousness doesn’t exercise this in/out CONTROL……..SELF does….
Jasper10

Thu 24 Feb, 2022 06:43 am
@Jasper10,
Well actually, SELF doesn’t exercise any CONTROL at all if SELF is a “Prisoner of Consciousness” in a totally UNAWARE state……….forgot that bit.