how would you deal with the incidents if you are a manager?

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:50 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
People here get fired, no questions asked, if a lie is found on their resume or c.v.

ehBeth- If a person fills out an application, and signs it, they are attesting to the veracity of what they have written. Theoretically, if any of the information is untruthful, IMO, they are committing fraud. Any legal experts around that could confirm this?

This is true IF they put it on the actual application. The resume isn't a legally binding document. Many companies require you to complete an application to go with your resume just because of this. They can hold you legally liable for what is on your application but not what is on the resume.

For Fishchitter - Unless there is something else going on that you haven't expounded on yet you can run into some major problems trying to much of anything other than dismissing them. How can you justify writing a reprimand for something that occured prior to them being employed by you or your company?
0 Replies

joshua phipps

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:23 pm
LOL that's great!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:29 pm
I am surprised to see anyone would keep her.
There is the issue of qualification for the position; unfairly passing overmore qualifiedcandidates (who may be in the mood to sue), and having a known liar working in a position subordinate to you.

Your agency/company may be liable for her mistakes, and your knowledge that she was unqualified.

She should go toot sweet, and be told why.

And, you should slap her.

;>
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:41 pm
I don't think a lie or an exaduration on a resume should mean an automatic fire. performance has to count for something. If performance is lacking than of course she shouldn't let the door hit her on the way out.

It's partly the interviewers responsibility to weed out the liers by testing candidates before they are hired.

On the other hand, If she bold face lied vervally during the interview I'd lean more toward fire. I think it's important that you should feel that you can trust your employees. So if you feel that this lie has ruined your trust of her, she should go.
0 Replies

ailsagirl

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:27 am
Lying employee would quickly become former employee
I don't know about other offices, but in my company this has occurred a couple of times. Course of action? Dismissal. Because even if the person was a worthwhile employee, lying is anathema. It's unethical and indicates bad judgment. If that person lied on his/her resume, then said person will lie again. It's inevitable.

ailsa
0 Replies