How to join the A2K fantasy football league on Yahoo

Ragman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:38 pm
@McGentrix,
OK... my picking order is all set in my pre-daft. I have no idea how to import it. I guess i have to wait to 8:00/20:00 til it actually starts..and hand enter it?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:39 pm
@McGentrix,
I just remembered, I can't get in (just like the baseball draft back whenever it was, because I can't upgrade my adobe flash.) Well, that saves the anxiety as well of the fun of watching.

I found that out, McG, once they posted the page.. for others.

So I look forward to finding out who's on my team sometime - guessing 7 pm.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:40 pm
@McGentrix,
Did you notice when the sand shepherds draft?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:41 pm
@Ragman,
On the baseball draft, mine was already imported. I'm expecting it to be this time too. Usually several people can't make the draft.
Ragman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I remember the baseball daft, but I hand entered from my pre-draft list.

I just looked into one list of 'who-picks-when'..and I seem to be pre-selected to be picking 2nd in the first round ...11th in the second and then alternating back to 2nd. Magic, huh?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:48 pm
@ossobuco,
1st round Sand Shepherds picks 5th
2nd round SS picks 8th
3rd round ditto (5th)
4th ditto (8th)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 05:55 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks for the news! I'm fine with 5th & 8th.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 03:23 pm
I missed the draft because I had to work.
I am getting online now to see who I got stuck with.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 04:55 pm
@mysteryman,
I think you have a pretty good team, MM.

So long as nobody gets injured.

Your Draft Grade is a "B". I only got a "B-".
Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:01 pm
@Ticomaya,
I laughed at my report card (got a B...not bad for a first-timer). It won't mean much soon as the season starts for real.
Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 07:41 pm
@Ragman,
My knowledgeable NFL expert friend advised me after looking at my picks that some of my picks could be a bit too geriatric. I know my 2 kickers were a bit ancient but I figured Janikowski still had some leg (50+ yd) left for a full season. Well ... with Akers I picked because I liked him personally despite last season and there were so few kickers were left at that time I picked.

His thought that TE Tony Gonzalez was a bit on the downside of his peak but I think Larry Fitzgerald and RB C.J. Spiller well have great yrs. I really like my 3 QB picks. Russell Wilson, Vick, and Eli Manning . I really wanted Peyton though. Denver Defense/ ST should be a productive pick, I hope

Anyhow I'm hoping for 500 but I'll be lucky to not smell up the joint. The key thing is learning more about the individual payers and the fun of following a bunch of things on Sunday. More importantly, it helps me sharpen up for the different NFL Pick'em games I'll be in during the season.
Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:20 pm
@Ragman,
Bills just signed QB Leinart (QBR 70.2 rating) after QB Kolb EJ Manuel are down due to injury. Bills are scrambling for QB talent. Not sure who or what Thaddeus Lewis, whoever he is, but they got him too.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:25 pm
@Ragman,
Maybe that'll save Manuel's knee from being used too fast - I have been kind of liking him.
Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Manuel's got some promise.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:30 pm
@Ragman,
I've paid little attention to Leinert lately. Thinking he doesn't have promise but that might be too glib of me.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm making a couple of changes or trying to, we'll see if they go through. If they do, of course they may not be for the betterment of the shepherd team.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:57 pm
@Ragman,
I'm bullish on Fitz. So long as Palmer stays healthy, he ought to eclipse last year's numbers.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:57 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Bills just signed QB Leinart (QBR 70.2 rating) after QB Kolb EJ Manuel are down due to injury. Bills are scrambling for QB talent. Not sure who or what Thaddeus Lewis, whoever he is, but they got him too.

We've tried the Leinart and Kolb experiments here in Sand Land.

They never turn out well.
Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 09:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
I recall that history. I'm not a big one for changing scenery being a reliable QB solution. It can't coax accuracy into an old arm.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 09:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
palmer had a healthy 4000 yd yr. He does like to throw picks and cough up the ball at inappropriate times. However at 33, he's not over the hill by any means and his QB rating is 85...nothing to sneeze at. QBR is not by any means a tell-all ...witness Tony Romo.