What lies in store for humanity?

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 12 Sep, 2013 08:06 pm
Neologist pondered-"Will our clear thinking put an end to war and crime?
Cure all know diseases?
Or will we self destruct?
How's it going so far?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The writing's on the wall mate-
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:31 pm
@neologist,
You are absolutely right. Now do you have a concrete plan for accomplishing these aims or are you just hoping for the best as most citizens seem to be doing?
0 Replies

Herald

Sun 15 Sep, 2013 08:36 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Or will we self destruct?

We are not the case whether will we self destruct, but when,
... and the tense is not 'will we', but 'we are', in present.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 05:59 pm
Sir David Attenborough said "the natural world will do something" to solve the problem of overpopulation, perhaps he means the earth will automatically create a super-plague to thin out the human race-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Attenb-foodaid_zpsc26ff758.jpg~original
0 Replies

foreclosureus1

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:47 pm
@neologist,
Of course i believe that thinking is perhaps the only way to put an end to all negatives.
0 Replies

IanRust

Sun 16 Mar, 2014 10:30 pm
@neologist,
We're like bacteria in a pitri dish. Overpolluting the environment. We're due for a die off. Not sure how far away that is, but we certainly have a worldwide economic collapse looming. It might be a slow die off, too.
Future prospects are economic collapse, government dissolution, civil unrest, an emerging sex/drug/indulgence/seclusionary culture, and probably a rise of communism.
On a larger scale, yeah, we're killing ourselves. THat seems inevitable to me.
0 Replies

Kirsti Emotimaya

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 04:49 am
@mikeymojo,
Mike, I am totally agree with you. It is true that war and crime will ever not exist. All are passing through.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
However, man has always succeeded more in killing than saving lives.

This doesn't make sense at all given the fact that the number of humans on the planet continues to go up consistently as it has for thousands of years.

It is possible that if the goal is the survival of the species, we need to kill more humans and save fewer lives. Where did people get the idea that death is a bad thing?

There are several examples, other than humans, where warlike traits lead to evolutionary success (i.e. survival as a species). Ants are a very good example (they kill each other all the time).

It is very difficult to argue that war is a bad thing (at least when it comes to survival as a species)

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:13 am
For starters when we speak of war we can be speaking of anything n there are numerous ways of being at war. Individuality itself is a sort of declaration of war to the world !
maxdancona

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:20 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Individuality itself is a sort of declaration of war to the world !

If individuality is a declaration of war... than it is the noblest type of war. Without individuality, life is meaningless and humanity is pointless.

In a world with no war, tyrants and oppressors will thrive unopposed.

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:40 am
@maxdancona,
Fully agree, my comment was precisely coming along with the observation that was made earlier on war not being always necessarily bad.
maxdancona

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:57 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Great then, we agree. How about Crimea?
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 10:13 am
@maxdancona,
Crimea is complex, nonetheless it sets a bad precedent as to making up excuses for invading and disrespecting the sovereignty of other countries.
0 Replies