The government has complete control over your mobile phone

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:38 am
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/8/6/alert_cell_phones_have_government_notifications.htm

Quote:
As millions of Californians were dozing off late Monday, many were awakened by a high-pitched tone from their cell phone as it vibrated several times.

It wasn't hackers taking control of your cell phone, it was instead a statewide Amber Alert warning residents to be on the lookout for an alleged murder suspect who reportedly kidnapped two children.

We now know the National Security Agency (NSA) can listen to our calls and read our emails, but who knew the government could take control of our cell phones too? The alert feature was added Jan. 1 nationwide, replacing an opt-in alert system.

In California's case, the Amber Alert was sent out at 10:54 p.m. Monday with the notice: "Boulevard, CA AMBER Alert UPDATE: LIC/6WCU986 (CA) Blue Nissan Versa 4 Door."

More at link

Whaddaya think of that, folks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,874 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:45 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Certainly woke me and my wife up. The alert tone that came off our phones was one we'd never heard before. I was halfway out of bed and running for the tornado shelter before I remembered that I live somewhere other than TX now.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 11:07 am
Do you guys know, by any chance, if the carbon-monoxide detectors on our ceilings have a remote control? Two months ago, the detectors in my house all went off the same moment, beeped at top volume for five seconds, and then fell silent the same moment. I was wondering if it was insurance agents or fire fighters, testing the safety of my home with a remote control from their car. But I dismissed the thought as a crazy conspiracy theory. Now I'm thinking, maybe I shouldn't have.
Thomas

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 11:10 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Whaddaya think of that, folks?

I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question. To me, this is on the same level as robocalls. It should be part of what I opted out of when I registered on the do-not-call list.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:10 pm
@Thomas,
Probably, they didn't hear any conversation on the CO monitors, so they shot out a test tone to make sure they were still working. Yours have passed the test and you can expect to soon be removed from the watch list.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 04:45 pm
I don't like to go into public toilets any more. They know when to flush themselves. Eerie. Is somebody watching me do my biz?
neologist

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:20 am
@Lustig Andrei,
The faucet and soap dispensers know when you are there as well.
But in most places you still have to grab hold of that filthy door handle to get out.
0 Replies