Accent wall paint color

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 10:08 am
My living room has dark hardwood floors, tan couch, and two navy blue chairs. The decor/pictures are beach themed with lots of shades of blues and sand. I want to paint an accent wall where the fireplace is located, keeping the trip around it white. Should I do the accent wall in a lighter, complimentary shade as the navy chairs or should I try to match it? The room has bay windows in the front and glass doors in the back leading to the deck and is a fairly large room. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 1,877 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 12:59 pm
Believe it or not, wallpaper is making a comeback. Try it out.
0 Replies

boomerang

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 06:38 pm
@havensinva,
I think I would go with a mellow sunny yellow. It's such a happy color and it looks great with navy. Plus, it fits great with a beach inspired room.

What color are the other walls?
0 Replies

CarlWatson

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:42 am
Color makes walls attractive. In my opinion should finished wooden floors have such color inconsistencies? Staining wood should normally look uniform in color, not multiple shade differences in every other piece of wood, right? If u are painting a wall that has white trim...tape off white trim....then take flat ceiling white paint and lightly paint over the tape where it meets the wall...just a light brush of paint. It will dry in 10 minutes and the ceiling white will seal your tape so there is no bleed thru of the wall color on your white trim.....cut in the wall color over the tape lightly...let dry for 10 minute then put a 2nd heavier coat and after a few minutes remove the tape. Nice and crisp lines gives such a beautiful look.
0 Replies

EllaV

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:11 am
It is recommended if you are using the furniture with dark color, you should go opposite with the wall color. I think you should go with any of these colors : grey, green or pink.
0 Replies

pamelasurgo

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:04 pm
I would go with maroon or navy blue
0 Replies

WareDesignWorks

Wed 24 Dec, 2014 11:20 am
@havensinva,
It will be better if you try to match it.
0 Replies

amratha

Sun 4 Jan, 2015 11:06 pm
@havensinva,
Paint your wall with Gray and white. it looks classy , and gives the room a classy look.
0 Replies

HarleySmith

Mon 9 Mar, 2015 07:16 am
Nice talk. I Would suggest applying laminats, they come in wide variety of colors.
0 Replies

usmanbin

Tue 10 May, 2016 09:22 am
Walls with light paint color looks good or you can also go for wallpaper its your choice.
0 Replies