Trouble with Visualization

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 01:01 pm
I have been thinking about remodeling my kitchen, but I am having a problem really picturing the room any other way (ie with the counters, oven, etc removed). Is there a good method of planning out a remodel without actually hiring a contractor to draw up plans?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,101 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ponderer

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 01:26 pm
@LMwiththegoodhair,
Google virtual remodel. I didn't really look at it but you might find something.
0 Replies

seeyouattheoscars

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 02:33 pm
@LMwiththegoodhair,
I am remodeling a room in my house as well and am searching for something helpful like how you describe. I'll reply with a link when I find something useful.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:37 pm
@LMwiththegoodhair,
The “big box” stores ( like Home Depot) have help in this area for kitchen design. Bring in your floor measurements and see what they can do. Bring in pictures from magazines for the look you like.

It makes a difference if you want a total redo or are keeping the location of your current sink. (Plumbing issues must be considered) Also if you are moving walls.
Linkat

Tue 26 Feb, 2019 09:38 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

The “big box” stores ( like Home Depot) have help in this area for kitchen design. Bring in your floor measurements and see what they can do. Bring in pictures from magazines for the look you like.

It makes a difference if you want a total redo or are keeping the location of your current sink. (Plumbing issues must be considered) Also if you are moving walls.

Not sure if they still do this though as it was over 5 years ago when we did this as well and they do charge you a small fee for this. They will apply the fee towards any products you buy for the remodel. They do this so not every tom dick and harry come in for a "free" remodel design and then you do somewhere else to buy the products.
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 2 Mar, 2019 01:13 pm
Ikea is reported to have some really good design tools.
0 Replies

Rattanman

Mon 25 Mar, 2019 05:20 am
Yes its easy to remodel. First you have to calculate the space and acc mange the things.
0 Replies

Samiran

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:57 pm
@LMwiththegoodhair,
You can identify your kitchen with a 3D rendering first, Then all your troubles will be solved one by one.
0 Replies