I graduated college with an awful GPA because I didn't take school seriously when I was younger.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:24 pm
@BillRM,
If that is all real, I'll agree with you.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Talking to a therapist would be a good idea for anyone who is facing this much pressure.
Providing of course, Max, that your patient is an expert in the field of professional evaluation or who has a friend who supposedly is. But in the latter case of course he'd also have to be expert in his selection of buddies
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
My new suggestion is that some people should read more novels, to gauge the wide world.
Osso just a lot of truth to that, even biography and the like, anything dealing with interpersonal or emotional issues
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 06:48 am
@annanyc,
annanyc wrote:

Employers would look at my GPA and think I'm mentally retarded. I wish I could go back in time and fix my mistakes.

Employers really DON'T look at or bother verifying GPA.

If you can't get an entry level position, try volunteering at one of these institutions. Get your proverbial foot in the door and make sure that those in the department in which you are interested in working at get to know you, your face, your name, and share what you know about the respective relevant arena in which the department is based on. Show them what you know and the rest will follow if you are convincing and gain an inside ally.
0 Replies