Apply for a position of interpretation

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 09:02 pm
I am a postgraduate from Beijing, China, majored in interpretation and have found it difficult to hunt an ideal job. Is there anyone who has friends or knows some companies funded by your country that need an interpretation or position related to that. Could you make a recommendation. I am really grateful for you help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 600 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fresco

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 05:48 am
@zhanglizoe,
Smile
I suggest your failure to use the appropriate noun "interpreter" in your request "shoots you in the foot".
zhanglizoe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 07:32 am
@fresco,
Yeah, I have noticed the mistake after typing and failed to correct it. Now I post a new one. Thanks for your suggestion.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 02:23 pm
@zhanglizoe,
Where are you now? In China or the USA? If you're an American citizen or here on a legal work visa, your best bet is to contact the Office of Language Services at the US State Department. They employ a large corps of interpreters on a contract basis in virtually every language spoken on this planet. It's not steady work (you get paid only for the time you actually work under contract)but it's quite competitively remunerative
zhanglizoe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 07:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks for your detailed information, but I am now in Beijing!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 07:43 pm
@zhanglizoe,
You could, of course, contact the American Embassy in Beijing and ask whether they ever have need for an English-language interpreter in China. Do the same with the British, the Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders. You never know what might turn up unless you ask.
zhanglizoe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 10:22 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah, I have applied for jobs relevant to English by filling the application form provided by these embassies, but no response. Perhaps it is because that I just graduated.
0 Replies