Aging Category Title Poll

cobalt

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2002 01:18 pm
"aging" and what????? Do you object to the category title being 'Aging and Elder Care"?

Here is my first post

here:

I am thinking that this forum would be better titled Aging and Ripening or something, dropping the Elder Care

part from this particular forum. I posted in the Parenting forum area about Dependent Care, and that is where I think Elder

Care may be better suited.

As someone that is OVER a half-century young now, I don't like to see Aging so 'close'

to a reminder of inevitable and not enviable stages of life! I can hardy wait during these next 20 years - all my life I

figured that "the best was yet to be" and I have so far, found it so.

So, what do you think of a category title

change, and what should it become?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,825 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2002 08:56 pm
Hi

Cobalt:

How about Sense and Sensibility?

Wise and Wonderful?

Mammas and Pappas?

Silver

Crowns?

.........I'm thinking <<< tap, tap, tap >>>> Idea
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2002 05:11 am
How about Aging and

retirement? Am I to dern young to be vociferating here?
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2002 04:50 pm
Craven: This is

one case I think you really should hold your vote and let your 'elders' speak!

(LOL!

ahahahahhahha!)

{....cackle! snork! wheeze!}

BTW I think (REALLY) that aging is a topic appropriate to any age

group poster - just depends what the particular discussion topic is. For example, I can see posts discussing grandkids, a

post discussion who's planning a cool retirement, who is never going to retire, being all of 30 instead of a

20-something...and so and and sew fourth... Shocked
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:16 am
"Retired People" is a good choice. I don't like anything foolish associated with old age. Even jokes.

I belong to a group of retired professionals and wouldn't you know there are several old people that just love to draw attention to themselves through self deprecation; how they get constipated, forget appointments, have problems with their wee wee etc. etc. I find that to be gross behavior. It runs contrary to acting young and shooting for younger women.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:20 am
Jack Webbs wrote:
"Retired People" is a good choice. I don't like anything foolish associated with old age. Even jokes.

I belong to a group of retired professionals and wouldn't you know there are several old people that just love to draw attention to themselves through self deprecation; how they get constipated, forget appointments, have problems with their wee wee etc. etc. I find that to be gross behavior. It runs contrary to acting young and shooting for younger women.

Someone needs some prune juice...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:22 am
how about "gas and the elderly?" or "I just don't sleep like I used to"
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:25 pm
Can one really defy the inevitability of passing time with a clever spin?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:29 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Can one really defy the inevitability of passing time with a clever spin?

Nope, but it IS a good way of feeding into the national obsession of youth, by attempting to be oh-so clever about growing older.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:52 pm
Phoenix--

A Pennsylvania Dutch saying, immortalized on tens and thousands of tea towels and other Dutch Country momentos:

We get too soon old and too late smart.

Senior Citizens as a group are much more active and enterprising than they used to be--but we're still "senior".

Those people who deny the inevitablity of aging are all muttering the subtext, "I'm too young to die."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 02:12 pm
Quote:
Those people who deny the inevitablity of aging are all muttering the subtext, "I'm too young to die."

Noddy- Have you noticed that the older that a person gets, his/her definition of "elderly" changes? Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 02:17 pm
Phoenix--

I come from a long line of women who bragged about their increasing years and accumulating wisdom..

Of course there are many more younger people around than there used to be, but essentially--except for the creaky bones and the more tolerant mind, I haven't changed much.
0 Replies