Former CIA station chief detained, convicted for kidnapping Egyptian Muslim cleric

izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:24 am
@vikorr,
You're dealing with a Caligula, an impotent Caligula, but every bit as inbred, mad and murderous as the original.
Mame

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:04 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Were that to happen, being above the law, no one would have the power to stop us from traveling anywhere we pleased.

Except your own government!
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 02:32 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
oralloy wrote:

Were that to happen, being above the law, no one would have the power to stop us from traveling anywhere we pleased.

LOL anyone wish to buy a few Cuban cigars?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 03:19 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
True, but the Italian judiciary are a definite and malevolent threat to Americans of all stripes, and that threat must be eliminated.
When you are in another country - you abide by their laws....just as when foreigners are in the US, you expect that they will abide by US laws, or face the US justice system.

Quote:
There are a number of components that are required in order for an attack to count as terrorism. The most significant of those required components is the targeting of civilians..................No. It would not trigger the most important facet of all: the requirement that civilians be targeted before something counts as terrorism.
The judges and their families are so obviously civilians.

Seriously, you don't have a leg to stand on.

If you really believe your thoughts contain any rational logic whatsoever, I'd suggest you go and tell your doctor what you believe on this subject, and then ask your doctor "is this normal thinking?"

A friend of mine truly believed Jews ruled the world. As it turned out, there was a low level medical condition that lead to him thinking this way, and occasionally acting erratically.
oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:50 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Well yes. Presumably we would remain subject to US law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:57 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:
True, but the Italian judiciary are a definite and malevolent threat to Americans of all stripes, and that threat must be eliminated.

When you are in another country - you abide by their laws....just as when foreigners are in the US, you expect that they will abide by US laws, or face the US justice system.

But this isn't about us violating any laws. This is about the Italian judiciary intentionally and maliciously finding innocent Americans guilty of false charges on multiple occasions.

vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:
There are a number of components that are required in order for an attack to count as terrorism. The most significant of those required components is the targeting of civilians..................No. It would not trigger the most important facet of all: the requirement that civilians be targeted before something counts as terrorism.

The judges and their families are so obviously civilians.

Wrong. Should the US decide that military action is the best way forward, nearly all Italian judges will become valid military targets.

Their families, yes. They are likely civilians.

But should all of a judge's children be incinerated along with him or her, that falls well within the acceptable meaning of collateral damage.

vikorr wrote:
Seriously, you don't have a leg to stand on.
If you really believe your thoughts contain any rational logic whatsoever, I'd suggest you go and tell your doctor what you believe on this subject, and then ask your doctor "is this normal thinking?"
A friend of mine truly believed Jews ruled the world. As it turned out, there was a low level medical condition that lead to him thinking this way, and occasionally acting erratically.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gambling that "bluffing with a false presentation of confidence will intimidate someone into abandoning their argument" is something that should only be done if there is a reasonable chance that your opponent doesn't know what they are talking about.

You should have known better than to think there was any possibility that it would work against me.
vikorr

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 02:25 am
@oralloy,
There wasn't any rationality in that reply.

Really does remind me of my friend, before he saw a doctor about it.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 03:46 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
There wasn't any rationality in that reply.

Liar. You just are unable to argue with any of my facts, and are too dishonest to acknowledge it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 04:17 am
@vikorr,
If you're looking for rationality you're barking up the wrong tree. Oliver thinks he might have Aspergers, I don't know, but there's definitely something neurologically impaired about him.

Aspergers would not explain why he's so very repulsive, without a trace of humanity. He doesn't have any redeemable qualities at all, just xenophobia, misanthropy and a highly inflated sense of his own importance verging on mania.

He definitely needs to be placed somewhere secure.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
Indeed, and after getting that psycho reply to my post on page 1, I realised that I can't be arsed.
Oral Roy probably sits in his tin hat deep below ground in a bunker surrounded by tin foil, and Billy the Rim reminds me of that cowboy who rode the missile shouting Yeehah, in Dr Strangelove.
You'd get just as much sense from them if you just posted the word cuckoo umpteen times, with a question mark at the end.
I'm sure if they could get their hands on a recurring loop of the Bin Laden attack, Oral would invite Billy down to his bunker, and Billy would arrive with a bulk load of kleenex from Costco.

I'm certainly not wasting any more time on the nutters.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:36 am
@Lordyaswas,
To quote Sgt. Wilson, 'I think you're being very wise.'

Oralboy is an obsessive, the things he posted about Meredith Kercher and her grieving parents were truly disgusting, and sickened even the most ardent of Knox's supporters.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:38 am
@Lordyaswas,
The cowboy in Doctor Strangelove was considerably more articulate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Usually, someone with such a severe illness would be in a mental hospital. And there, he wouldn't have access to the internet due to his indications.

So I think, all his responses are just parody, ill-advised and misleading parody, though ...
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:51 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Indeed, and after getting that psycho reply to my post on page 1, I realised that I can't be arsed

There is nothing "psycho" about pointing out international law and explaining it to you. You're just looking for an excuse for being unable to counter any of my facts.

Lordyaswas wrote:
Oral Roy probably sits in his tin hat deep below ground in a bunker surrounded by tin foil,

Now now. Just because the facts are against you doesn't mean you need to throw a little tantrum.

Instead of your little tantrum, what if you used this as an opportunity to learn?

Lordyaswas wrote:
You'd get just as much sense from them if you just posted the word cuckoo umpteen times, with a question mark at the end.

As compared to what? As an alternative to your little tantrum here, maybe you'd get the same response that you are getting now.

But maybe try acting like an adult instead for once. (It might make for a refreshing change, if nothing else.)

Lordyaswas wrote:
I'm certainly not wasting any more time on the nutters.

Translation: You can't think of a way to argue against any of my facts.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:53 am
@oralloy,
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo?
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Usually, someone with such a severe illness would be in a mental hospital. And there, he wouldn't have access to the internet due to his indications.
So I think, all his responses are just parody, ill-advised and misleading parody, though ...

My responses are something known as facts.

A gutless coward like you wouldn't be expected to know anything about facts however.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:58 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo?

What a charming little tantrum you're throwing.

Gonna throw your rattle at me and scream real loud next?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 06:25 am
@oralloy,
I'm just trying to give you the extra support that your social life does not provide. Supporting your therapists' work.

But do I understand you correctly that you want to stay in your miserable situation?
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 07:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'm just trying to give you the extra support that your social life does not provide.

No, you are trying to spew lies because you object to the facts I posted and you are too dishonorable to try to confront my points directly. There is nothing even remotely supportive in your motivations.

Further, your lies have nothing to do with my social life. Your lies are likely related to some sort of political agenda. But it doesn't really matter what sort of dishonorable motivations you have. What matters is the simple fact that you lie all the time.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Supporting your therapists' work.

I don't have a therapist. Your lies are silly.

(And I might note, your malevolent lying is about the exact opposite of what someone would expect of any therapist.)

Walter Hinteler wrote:
But do I understand you correctly that you want to stay in your miserable situation?

My situation is far from miserable.

Well, I wouldn't mind getting broadband. I desperately miss World of Warcraft, which I can no longer make to work with my dialup connection. But otherwise things are good.

I wouldn't mind having fewer dishonorable creeps like you on A2K, and more people who actually participate in intelligent debate. But A2K is still pretty good despite the contaminating presence of filth like you.
vikorr

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 03:26 pm
@oralloy,
I'll stand by what I said earlier - there's no rationality in the reply you gave.

The friend I mentioned had mild schizophrenia. He truly believed the Jews ruled the world and was able to articulate why. He believed his reasoning was entirely rational. For him it exhibited itself in mild paranoia (re 'the Jews'), and the occasional outburst of uncontrollable anger (which he tried very hard to control). Everyone thought both of those traits odd and very out of character - then we found out why. As soon as he was diagnosed, the problem stopped. I never asked if he was taking medication, but I presume so.

But in every other way (re : prior to diagnosis) he was normal. Hence it was a rather mild form of schizophrenia.

I don't buy into the other posters image of you (that's a long winded explanation though), but I do think a number of the things they've described are accurate (eg. you do seem obsessive regarding particular topics)