Howard Stern makes a believer

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:27 am
This morning as i was driving into work, I was surprised to find that my regular morning drive entertainment was replaced by "A-hole and Lopez".

It seems that the government had shut them down and the radio station that hosts his show had bowed to the pressure.

well, that lit a fire under my butt, let me tell you! I had been sitting in the fence on the whole indecency issues and that really put me over the edge.

I have come to the conclusion that Bush is bad for america and he has to go. No more of these religious a-holes running my country. It's time to get a saner voice into the oval office. Even if Kerry is weak on terror, his administration HAS to be better in regards to domestic issues and economic policy. I feel very strongly about this issue as freedom of speech is far too valuable to be lost in this country.

So, I will now be campaigning actively to get the Shrub out of office.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:34 am
Is this an April Fool's joke, like the goof on Stern this morning? I was totally suckered by the prank, but he's on the air as I type. However, I do agree about the pressure from the Bush administration to railroad the first amendment. It is a very bad thing indeed.
0 Replies

ConstantlyQuestioning

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:36 am
I agree that the government has been going overboard with this whole indecency thing, but my desire to not be killed in a terrorist attack outweighs my desire to listen to trash talkers on the radio. Don't think Kerry is any more a friend of freedom of speech than Bush. You have to pick your poison with this election.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:46 am
Okay, for one, maybe two seconds, you had me.
0 Replies

ConstantlyQuestioning

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:54 am
Damn, it is April Fools isn't it. Embarrassed
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:00 am
McG
Quote:
Even if Kerry is weak on terror, his administration HAS to be better in regards to domestic issues and economic policy.

You apparently have bought into the republican propaganda of negative campaigning. The have nothing to sell so it's smear the opponent. What makes you think that Kerry will be weak on terror.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:24 am
"This morning as i was driving into work...." McGentrix

The tip-off is found in "work."
[/color]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:48 am
Titus wrote:
"This morning as i was driving into work...." McGentrix

The tip-off is found in "work."
[/color]

I suppose that would be a foriegn concept for you...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:58 am
Quote:
I agree that the government has been going overboard with this whole indecency thing, but my desire to not be killed in a terrorist attack outweighs my desire to listen to trash talkers on the radio.

Let's consider it now April two, and would you please clarify what the hell the connection is between a nipple on TV and terrorist attacks!?
0 Replies

ConstantlyQuestioning

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:01 am
Quote:
would you please clarify what the hell the connection is between a nipple on TV and terrorist attacks!?

They're not connected which is my point. They are separate issues which I have prioritized to myself. I don't care about indecency as a politcal issue. I do care about terrorism.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:03 am
tip of apologetic hat
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:04 am
That nipple appendage was 10 karats, apparently, which qualifies it as a WMD. That and the fact that Michael has been hooking up with the Nation of Islam. The breast is certainly suckling the teat of terror, and must be dealt with harshly!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:18 am
Thankfully there are people like Titus to always bring me back to the light...

Yes, this was just my attempt at levity and April 1 hi-jinx.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:24 am
Who are the "Jinx" and why are they "high"? I say we propose an investigation into this potential terrorist group. Hippies don't die, they just get older. Protect the home front!
0 Replies