It's the end of photography as we knew it.

Vivien

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 02:34 pm
even the best digital can't compare with film yet but it does have its areas of usefulness. I enjoy using both, film for more creative photos 'straight' from film, with the only adjustments being in the darkroom and digital for playing with on the computer or quick pictures of paintings, the cat playing (she moves so fast that you would waste a LOT of film!) etc
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 02:58 pm
Well, when really 'photograph', I use an old "Contaflex super B". For snapshots, my digital camera (5 Megapixels, 3x optical zoom etc) may be good enough.

However, since I do think, that a 'real' photo is one from a film (and since I didn't want to spend much money for the repair of my Nikon 601M), I just bought a F 80. (Okay, needs batteries as well, but since this here isn't delivered by carrier pigeons ... :wink: )
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 05:59 pm
caprice wrote:
Considering you are 21 I believe? You weren't even a glint in your father's eye when the hippie movement came into being. What would you know about how they handled the environment? Where is the proof of what you say?

You don't have to live through something to know about it.

I know hippies who trash the environment (yes, there are some hippies left - especially where I live), and have read the park history (and know people who knew the owners) of the local park (Hamilton Pool) I was talking about. Also, both of my parents were hippies and I have heard them complaining about this topic. It is a frequent misunderstanding that hippies were peaceful, earth-loving gurus. Many were hippies out of a desire to do drugs and rebel against "the man," or just a desire to be cool and go to protests, so it also depends on which groups of hippies you are reffering to. You can love nature and not respect it, or have no idea how to respect it. I'm not questioning whether hippies loved nature - of course they did, it's part of hippie collective culture. But they are not necessarily eco-friendly, as in the case I mentioned. This is why I asked if you meant "tree huggers" - activist groups. No, I didn't live in the 60's, but that doesn't mean I can't learn or have opinions about the 1960's.
0 Replies