Signs that I may or may not have the job

BBKND

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 02:51 pm
I got a first interview with a school district on a Thursday. The interview went really well but didn't hear from them for a while. not the following Monday, but a week from Monday I got a call for a second interview. Why it took so long I dont know? I just had the second interview on Wednesday. This one went well I thought too. The Principal said they will let me know shortly because the new academic year starts on Monday July 1st. I haven't heard from them yesterday or today friday. I expect them to call me on Monday with a job offer or tell me someone else got it. If they didn't want to hire me; wouldn't they have called me already? Are they checking my background and references? I'm a nervous wreck because I want this job badly. Let me know what you think of my situation please and what could be going on. The principal is new
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 518 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 03:38 pm
@BBKND,
We have all been there. The only advice I can give you is to try to think about something else. There is nothing you can do at this point.

There are too many unknowns to speculate on whether you got the job or not. There is nothing you said that makes me think that you didn't get it. But often employers call the successful candidate first, because that way if their first choice says "no" they can go to their second choice without them ever knowing it is their second choice. Or they may have had more interviews on Thursday or today. Three business days after an second interview is actually quick to make a decision.

So be hopeful. Spend time with friends this weekend. And try no to think about it. I have been in your shoes many times so I know how you feel.

Good luck.

0 Replies