Funny thing about aging -

hamburger

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:07 pm
here is a good one from a david frost show when he was producing shows in canada(must have been in seventies). he had this little old jewish couple on who had just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary . david frost to the wife : " did you ever have any disagreements during your long marriage ?" answer : "oh yes, we had plenty of disagreements !!! '; david frost to the wife : " did you ever consider divorce ?" ; wife (with fire in her eyes and her breath) : " divorce ? NEVER ! but MURDER , several times !!!". good ol' hubby sat there quietly and just smiled. mrs. h and i still laugh about that story now and then - couldn't make that story up if you tried to. . hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
i'm with c.i.; i have no trouble mentioning my age - particularly when it means getting a SENIOR DISCOUNT (have even asked for it, when buying something for ehbeth - guess, i have no shame) or when it means getting PRIORITY SEATING on the train ! hey, we are living ! hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:39 pm
hbg, I always, proudly, ask for a senior discount. Saved a few $$$ by doing so. Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 10:46 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:51 am
OK for you guys, but the first time I was asked, at a motel, if I had AAA or AARP, I was amazed at being asked if I had AARP until I got to the room and looked in the mirror. Sigh.

BTW, for you youngsters, AARP stands for American Association of Retired Persons.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:17 am
The first time that I was given a senior discount, WITHOUT ASKING for one, I was highly insulted. Now I love them!

When I first moved into my retirement community, I was the "baby" of the crowd. Now, we have a few people on my block who are quite a bit younger than me. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
Getting old ? If I was a horse they'd take me down the knackers yard, but I'm not. So I stopped worrying about it when I was 50. What the hell I can't change it, any more than King Canute could stop the tide coming in. Tempus fugit. The body is weak but the brain still works. Praise the drug companys & just keep going.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:08 pm
Or "coming" as we are allowed. Wink
0 Replies