Does the moon rotate (Spin)?

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:13 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
Come on guys, wake up. What Mark Noble has been doing here is a classic troll.

So what? It's good fun.

What classes as rotating? A top, a lady who can't get it just right or the left hand side of the universe.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:45 pm
@spendius,
Mark is fun. He gets so upset when anyone points out the simple inconsistencies in his way of thinking.

It's cute really.
contrex

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:07 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Mark is fun. He gets so upset when anyone points out the simple inconsistencies in his way of thinking.

He appears to think that "rotate" and "orbit" mean the same thing.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:34 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

He appears to think that "rotate" and "orbit" mean the same thing.
50 years back, at school, we had a mechanical model to show (and teach) that ...
0 Replies

snj

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 09:36 pm
@mark noble,
Actually,the moon rotates(spins)on its axis.It takes the same time to revolve on its orbit around the earth as it does to rotate on its axis.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:26 pm
You do realise that only ONE view of the moon is EVER visible from Earth - Same view, day or night, regardless of where you stand on Earth? You can follow it around the globe, indefinitely - It wont ever change...

Would any of you guys care to suggest that the moon in diagram 2 is Not spinning on its own axis - SEEING as its FACE is also tidelocked on the sun?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 03:45 pm
Mark, this one died. You should drop it. Try another subject - the earth is flat, 2+2=5, tomatoes are poisonous, the earth is hollow, I'm sure you can think of a new troll.

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:27 pm
@contrex,
Are you stupid?
contrex

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:40 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Are you stupid?

No, but evidently you are, Mr. Troll.
mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:40 pm
@contrex,
Eat a kilo of unripe (green) tomatoes and the solanine (nightshade) content will enlighten you to your painful mistake.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:42 pm
@contrex,
Fk me - You live in a2k...lol. Sadddddddd.

But it is you who are mistaken.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:45 pm
@contrex,
If I nail a ball to the floor - Do you believe it can rotate, thereafter, On or around its own axial plane?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:03 pm
@contrex,
Of course the stars would appear to move, you fool, the moon is revolving around the Earth.
But it would take 28 days per cycle, rather than 24 hrs (earthview).

What you numpties are doing is accepting the science taught you and ignoring the frikkin obvious.
Admittedly, either perspective is both insignificant and implicationless, but the moon's face is locked in position, as would be a ball superglued to the floor.
Yes, the ball rotates with the Earth, around the sun, galaxy, and likely a local, then super cluster - but NOT AROUND ITSELF!
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 05:13 pm
@mark noble,
The moon is not nailed or superglued to any floor.

If it rotates on its own axis a millimeter a millenium it is rotating.
mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 05:56 pm
@spendius,
The moon's face is LOCKED, FIXED, Superglued to the Earth's axis.
And I'm more than happy to accept an inch a year/decade/millenium, whatever, rotation, But NOT ONE 360 degree SELF-ROTATION every 28 frikkin days. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

TRY IT.
No matter which way you rotate it, or at what speed ( visible linear-speed) IT HAS TO SHOW ITS ENTIRE SURFACE AREA OVER THE PERIOD OF a 360 degree revolution.

LOOK AT DIAGRAM 1 - DRAW A PYRAMID AROUND EARTH AND MOON - PLACE THE MOON IN THE CAPSTONE OF THAT PYRAMID - ( for the benefit of idiots - the moon revolves around the earth the opposite direction to the earth's spin) SO TREAT THE EARTH IN DIAGRAM 1 AS EARTH'S AXIS AND NOT ITS SURFACE - NOW, IF YOU CAN GET THAT CAPSTONE TO SPIN INDEPENDENTLY OF THAT PYRAMID, I am wrong.

And so are the MOST basic principles of physics.
contrex

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 10:35 am
The moon rotates on its own axis. It takes 27.3 days for each complete revolution. Everybody knows this. The stupid troll keeps bleating.
contrex

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 10:35 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
I am wrong.

And so are the MOST basic principles of physics.

You really are a ******* idiot.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 04:32 pm
@contrex,
Wrong.

Everybody?

You mean SOME ppl, such as you, are so fuckin stupid, they accept IMPOSSIBLE facts and simply move on.

The moon's rotation RELIES on the Earth's axis. Remove that axis and it stops rotating you twat.
spendius

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 04:49 pm
@mark noble,
Love it!! People getting quite that over-excited about whether the moon is rotating is really amusing.

I assume that if it doesn't rotate we are stuck with the female moods we have now for ever and ever.

That's cheering news I must say.
0 Replies

Pasture Timmy

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:06 pm
@mark noble,
Is the object in the center rotating about its own (green dot) axis?

http://ptim.heliohost.org/Able2Know/MoonMoonRotation.gif
0 Replies