Is Ed Markey Cheap?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:12 am
@Linkat,
I am curious about what you think is "independent news".

That means Fox, right?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 08:20 am
@Linkat,
What I am objecting to is your as of yet baseless claim that Markey told outright lies. This isn't about a difference in opinions. You made a baseless charge of "outright lies", and you can't back them up with facts.

Gomez is pro-life. Markey's ads are fair given that Gomez will be in a position to vote on Supreme Court justices (as well as other laws). This is an important issue. There is nothing that Markey has said about Gomez's position that is an "outright" lie. All of it is on the record.

Now you are claiming that Markey's ads say " Gomez ...will increase the retirement age for our current seniors". I don't think Markey's ads ever said that (except by indirect comment on the side effects of chained CPI).

You have the right to your opinions. But your claim that Markey's ads contain "outright lies" is as bogus as the "independent news" that you are getting your information from.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Looking at IRS reported charitable contributions is a poor way to judge a person.

Perhaps he's supporting other family members or has medical bills.

Did deeper, kiddo.

Markey's wife Susan Blumenthal is an MD, which means her annual income isn't very low.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:22 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Or perhaps he is a cheap bastard, who has slid by for 37 years in Congress. Tell me some good things he has accomplished in 37 years?

People say they want change, but most voters are too stupid and/or scared to actually vote for change.

Yeah! Markey is a cheap bastard. We'll be getting rid of him in the next election. Watch and see.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Sure Miller, the Navy Seal thing is cool and he is a sexy dude. If I ever need someone to storm a beach, or if I ever decide to experiment sexually, Gomez would be at the top of my list of candidates.

But as a Senatorial candidate, he doesn't interest me at all.

So, I see.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Gomez has stated that he is pro-life and would support a Supreme Court appointee who was also pro-life. Good for him. Isn't Markey a Catholic?

If so, Markey, if he admits it, is also (probably) pro-life.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:39 pm
@Miller,
If the retirement age for SS benefits is increased to about 70 years of age, it would affect only those individuals presently in their 50s.

The older a person is prior to getting SS, the more likley the person will be dead prior to the initial payment of benefits or the number of years that person actually receives SS benefits.

For folks in poor health 65 or younger is a good bet. For folks needing money immediately, it is also a good bet.

In general, I think that increasing the SS age is not a good and fair idea, especiall when you consider how many Americans earn a living, today. by perfomr hard labor.

At the pig processing plants in Iowa ( for example), do you think that any man or woman who labors in the " killing pits" in temps at or above 110F will be able to endure 40 years of labor, before the age of 65+ and the receipt of SS benefits?

I don't.
revelette

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 07:07 am
@Miller,
Quote:
In general, I think that increasing the SS age is not a good and fair idea, especiall when you consider how many Americans earn a living, today. by perfomr hard labor.

At the pig processing plants in Iowa ( for example), do you think that any man or woman who labors in the " killing pits" in temps at or above 110F will be able to endure 40 years of labor, before the age of 65+ and the receipt of SS benefits?

I don't.

I agree, it doesn't even have to be such work as pig farmers but almost all physical manual labor jobs. Plumbers for example have to crawl and be on their knees for years which creates a lot of damage to the body. If a person started in the early twenty's or before, by the time they were 65, a lot of damage has been done.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:21 pm
Totally right.
0 Replies