The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

hawkeye10

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 11:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
true, but the judge also shares the blame for this ilegal act because she let these charges go to the jury. in addition it is very doubtful that holding a trial at all was legal due to the lack of probable cause, and the obvious lies on the states assertion of probable cause. I hope that zimmerman sues the state for malicious prosecution.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 11:53 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Who is behind all this in Florida?
I've no idea. I could guess cubans, since they tend to be conservative in some ways, but that would be silly of me, and I can't make that leap. I could guess white retirees. Hmmm.

It's us Second Amendment supporters. We lobby state legislatures to change laws that impede our right to defend ourselves. Did anyone think we were only active at the federal level?

It would be a major inconvenience if we had to hand a lawyer $50,000 to defend us from a wrongful death lawsuit just because we had to shoot someone. We're not all rich you know.

ossobuco wrote:
Not everyone in Florida votes.
Bring out the vote!
Also, bring out political activism.

If the Left hasn't learned their lesson yet, we're more than ready to give them another drubbing. We can destroy anti-gun politicians in state elections just as easily as we can in federal elections.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:30 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

ossobuco wrote:
Who is behind all this in Florida?
I've no idea. I could guess cubans, since they tend to be conservative in some ways,
but that would be silly of me, and I can't make that leap. I could guess white retirees. Hmmm.

It's us Second Amendment supporters. We lobby state legislatures to change laws that impede our right to defend ourselves. Did anyone think we were only active at the federal level?

It would be a major inconvenience if we had to hand a lawyer $50,000 to defend us from a wrongful death lawsuit just because we had to shoot someone. We're not all rich you know.

ossobuco wrote:
Not everyone in Florida votes.
Bring out the vote!
Also, bring out political activism.

If the Left hasn't learned their lesson yet, we're more than ready to give them another drubbing.
We can destroy anti-gun politicians in state elections just as easily as we can in federal elections.
SO STIPULATED!!!
I live in Florida now.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:41 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-lawsuit-idUSBRE96F1EL20130716

Quote:

(Reuters) - A former employee of Florida State Attorney Angela Corey's office plans to file a whistleblower lawsuit against George Zimmerman's prosecutors, his attorney told Reuters on Tuesday.

The action will put pressure on Corey, who already faces criticism from some legal experts for the unsuccessful prosecution of the case, which led to the acquittal of Zimmerman for shooting unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman's defense has also called for sanctions against her and her prosecution team.....

As I remember, from NY jurisprudence, long ago:
attributing criminality to someone (e.g. murder)
yields a cause of action for "slander per se" wherein
plaintiff need only prove that defendant only uttered the words.
He need not prove damages to succeed in establishing liability.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:17 am
@oralloy,
Zimmerman apparently is going for low-hanging fruit first, i.e. suing NBC News.

Who or what does he eventually sue for malicious prosecution? Corey, delaRhumba, the state of flori-duh, all of the above or what exactly?
gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
...Under Florida Bar Rule 3.8, prosecutors in a
criminal case are required to “refrain from
prosecuting a charge that the prosecutor knows is
not supported by probable cause…...

Interesting...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:38 am
Sanctions hearing against delarhumba:

0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:43 am
Jude lets delarhumba cross examine for 47 minutes to try to demonstrate bias.....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:50 am
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/16/Holder-DOJ-witch-hunt

Quote:

On Tuesday evening, Robert Zimmerman, brother of George Zimmerman, responded to reports that Eric Holder’s Department of Justice had solicited the public for information about George that could help a federal civil rights prosecution. The DOJ has even set up an email address for tips on Zimmerman.

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, Robert labeled the effort a “witch hunt,” asking, “How many other individuals has the DOJ witch-hunted in this way? I think that the state of FL when they embarked on their malicious prosecution of George would have liked nothing more than for he FBI to uncover any sign of racism that could be attributed to George. The FBI interviewed three dozen people who were close to George for any indication that George was a racist or had racist tendencies. What their investigation revealed thus far is that quite the opposite is true.

“Political persecution has reached a dimension unforeseen by many,” Robert Zimmerman continued. “It is inconceivable that high-ranking officials would endorse this kind of behavior. It is profoundly disserving that they facilitate it. I would remind the Department of Justice that a verdict has been reached in this case, and that the reputation of Sanford, Florida and the trust of the people of Sanford, Florida in regards to their law enforcement agencies is more important than continuing politically motivated and race-tinged assaults on an innocent man’s character.”

Ben Shapiro is Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News and author of the New York Times bestseller “Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America” (Threshold Editions, January 8, 2013).
gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 04:56 am
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/16/GOP-Rep-Zimmerman-Was-Acquitted-Get-Over-It

Quote:

"Get over it." That's the message from a Republican congressman to the protests over George Zimmerman's acquittal in the murder trial of Trayvon Martin. Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) also said that the House might need to take a look at the Justice Department's actions if they needlessly pursue federal charges against Zimmerman.

Video interview
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 05:04 am

I hope that Zimmy will get some decent defensive firepower,
rather than that puny 9mm Kel Tec. I 'd recommend a nice 2 inch
.44 caliber Taurus Model 445 revolver in Stainless Steel Mirror
loaded with hollowpointed slugs, to avoid overpenetration.

I don't trust automatics; unreliable.
Thay can also be dangerous, if someone steps on a shell
and it rolls; u can lose your footing.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 05:25 am
Part 2 of delarhumba sanction hearings:

7[youtube]
0 Replies

revelette

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 06:30 am
I personally do not think Holder is going to actually take up civil right charges against Zimmerman from the things he has said in the last few days. He seems to be focusing attention on the stand your ground laws which "fixed something that was never broken." In my opinion he gave a really good, thoughtful, and intelligent speech yesterday at the NAACP Annual Convention concerning stand your ground laws and other issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder Addresses the NAACP Annual Convention
revelette

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 06:34 am
Zimmerman jurors: B-37 doesn’t speak for us

Quote:
Late Tuesday night, the following statement was released by the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit:

We, the undersigned jurors, understand there is a great deal of interest in this case. But we ask you to remember that we are not public officials and we did not invite this type of attention into our lives. We also wish to point out that the opinions of Juror B-37, expressed on the Anderson Cooper show were her own, and not in any way representative of the jurors listed below.

Serving on this jury has been a highly emotional and physically draining experience for each of us. The death of a teenager weighed heavily on our hearts but in the end we did what the law required us to do.

We appeal to the highest standards of your profession and ask the media to respect our privacy and give us time to process what we have been through.

Thank you,

Juror B-51

Juror B-76

Juror E-6

Juror E-40
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 07:58 am
@revelette,
Here is my problem with what AG Holder said. I should not have to retreat from my house when someone invades it. It is my house and not the invaders, they have no right to be there, and they will be shot.
RABEL222

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 08:05 am
@BillRM,
Your so full of **** i'll bet your hair is brown.
0 Replies

revelette

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 09:00 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Here is my problem with what AG Holder said. I should not have to retreat from my house when someone invades it. It is my house and not the invaders, they have no right to be there, and they will be shot.

Holder said outside the home.

Quote:
But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely.

(from the previous link I left)
izzythepush

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 09:06 am
@revelette,
Martin was dead the minute Zimmerman targeted him. If he's gone down on his knees and put his hands behind his back Zimmerman would still have shot him.

Even if this was captured on film and Martin was only five years old Zimmerman would still have walked free. Killing black people isn't really a crime in Florida where people like BillRM reside, and see lynching as part of their heritage.
roger

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 09:09 am
@revelette,
Wonder who has the right interpretation?

". . . a duty to retreat, outside their home"

Does they must retreat if they are outside the home, or does it mean they must run outside if they are invaded?

I'll have to wait a couple of days if you want to clarify that. I'm leaving town and computer directly.
revelette

Wed 17 Jul, 2013 09:38 am
@roger,
I seriously doubt Holder said anything so silly as to say you must run outside your home if you are invaded. He was clarifying that he was speaking of confrontations which happens outside the home which is why it was in between commas.

Quote:
But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely.