The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:28 am
@oralloy,
ehBeth wrote:
Carrying the gun would be problem one for Zimmerman. He'd be in jail for that alone.
to which oralloy responded: "I know. I wish you guys were free."

and he continued:"I crossed into Canada once briefly when I was younger. The people were nice, but the lack of freedom just made me itch inside, and I couldn't wait to get back over the border."

Canadians think a lot of Americans are crazy. It's easy to see why. I don't think they've missed you at all in the years since.

Brandon9000

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The regulations under which the neighborhood watch was organized said volunteers were not to casrry guns, and volunteers were to WATCH (which is why it was called a neighborhood WATCH) they were to notify police and let them handle it. They were NOT to involve themselves. Zimmerman broke the two cardinal rules of the organization he was supposed to uphold. He chased Trayvon. That's vigilantism.

When you say that he chased Trayvon, what do you mean?
MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:29 am
That he chased him.
roger

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 01:34 am
@Brandon9000,
Well, it does sound like he was running down the street in hot persuit, doesn't it? I don't even pretend to know what went on from start to finish, but there sure are a lot of loaded phrases on this subject.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:06 am
@MontereyJack,
ehBeth wrote:
Carrying the gun would be problem one for Zimmerman. He'd be in jail for that alone.
to which oralloy responded: "I know. I wish you guys were free."

and he continued:"I crossed into Canada once briefly when I was younger.
The people were nice, but the lack of freedom just made me itch inside,
and I couldn't wait to get back over the border."

MontereyJack wrote:
Canadians think a lot of Americans are crazy.
It's easy to see why. I don't think they've missed you at all in the years since.
I surmise that u imply that no one in Canadia desires liberty.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:11 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That he chased him.
1. There is nothing rong with chasing anyone.

2. Zimmy was not chasing him,
when the bad guy confronted Zimmy and beat his head on the cement.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:15 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
the law here clearly and on purpose put the burden of proof onto the state.
they could not meet it so the jury ruled "not guilty". justice was done by the jury.
Yes, but justice was not done by the Republican governor
who started this nightmare for the noble Zimmy.
Zimmy did a good favor for his nabors. Thay r safer now for his efforts.

David
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:18 am
When Zimmerman chased Trayvon, Trayvon was put in fear for his life because this creepy guy was chasing him, even tho he'd tried to get away from him. He would have been fully justified under Florida law if he killed Zimmerman. Zimmerman suffered minimal wounds, probably caused when he grabbed Trayvon, overbalance, and fell backward, hitting his own head on the sidewalk. Nothing like what he would have suffered had his head been pounded on the sidewalk 25 times, which Trayvpon didn't do anyway, since there was none of Zimmerman's DNA or blood on him, which there would have to have been had Zimmerman's story had the slightest bit of truth to it. Predators' instincts say chase and kill when their prey flees--Zimmerman was the predator.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:22 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The regulations under which the neighborhood watch was organized said volunteers were not to casrry guns, and volunteers were to WATCH (which is why it was called a neighborhood WATCH) they were to notify police and let them handle it. They were NOT to involve themselves. Zimmerman broke the two cardinal rules of the organization he was supposed to uphold. He chased Trayvon. That's vigilantism.
So write them a letter and tell them to court martial Zimmy
for violating their rules. Maybe thay will prohibit him from
doing the secret handshake or from singing the official club song for 3 weeks. So what??

Thay shud also give him a prize for getting rid of a violent criminal (attempted murderer).

David
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:28 am
Zimmerman was the murderer, profiling and stalking a kid who had done nothing, and then killing him. He had violated the rules of the organization he was supposedly working under the aegis of, demonstrating his vigilantism and his agression. Zimmerman is a monster and Florida "law", if you can justify it with that term, abetted him. Injustice was done in FL day before yesterday.
oralloy

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:40 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The regulations under which the neighborhood watch was organized said volunteers were not to carry guns, and volunteers were to WATCH (which is why it was called a neighborhood WATCH) they were to notify police and let them handle it. They were NOT to involve themselves. Zimmerman broke the two cardinal rules of the organization he was supposed to uphold.

It is unclear if Zimmerman was ever given any sort of formal neighborhood watch training. But regardless, he was not on duty at the time, so he wasn't violating any rules even if he did know them.

And what's this "involve" nonsense? Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman did anything other than tail Trayvon at a distance (and then stop when the dispatcher said they didn't need him to do that)?

MontereyJack wrote:
He chased Trayvon. That's vigilantism.

Nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:42 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
When Zimmerman chased Trayvon, Trayvon was put in fear for his life because this creepy guy was chasing him, even tho he'd tried to get away from him. He would have been fully justified under Florida law if he killed Zimmerman.

Florida law allows you to kill people who follow you?

I doubt that.

MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman suffered minimal wounds, probably caused when he grabbed Trayvon, overbalance, and fell backward, hitting his own head on the sidewalk.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman tried to grab Trayvon?

MontereyJack wrote:
Nothing like what he would have suffered had his head been pounded on the sidewalk 25 times, which Trayvpon didn't do anyway, since there was none of Zimmerman's DNA or blood on him, which there would have to have been had Zimmerman's story had the slightest bit of truth to it.

Funny how all those witnesses saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman pummeling him.

MontereyJack wrote:
Predators' instincts say chase and kill when their prey flees--Zimmerman was the predator.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman did anything other than tail Trayvon at a distance (and then stop when the dispatcher said they didn't need him to do that)?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:45 am
Yes, the phone call. He asks Zimmerman why he is following him, then says "Get off me". Incidentally, some witnesses say Trayvon was on top, some said Zimmerman
oralloy

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:54 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yes, the phone call. He asks Zimmerman why he is following him, then says "Get off me".

Not a reliable witness.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:00 am
Only your biased judgment. She was an ear witness to the confrontation. She has no vested interest in playing the victim to escape a murder charge, as Zimmerman does. I'd say her account is the most reliable, and plausible, account of the start of the confrontation that there is. You're trying to cherry pick the evidence. As usual.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:03 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman was the murderer, profiling and stalking a kid who had done nothing,
He looked like he was casing the naborhood, in the rain, 17 or not.
Tho I have been too lazy to even consider doing it myself,
I approve of harassing burglars, denying them the privacy
that thay require for their job (or scaring them into fearing that we r alert, looking at them).

MontereyJack wrote:
and then killing him.
Yes; for attempted murder. GOOD WORK and thank u, Zimmy.
May blessings of joy & beauty be upon u !
If u lecture, then I look forward to meeting u in person
and having the honor of shaking your hand, in joyful congratulation !
U shud get a better gun than a puny 9mm Kel Tec.
That was just a lucky shot.

MontereyJack wrote:
He had violated the rules of the organization
he was supposedly working under the aegis of,
demonstrating his vigilantism and his agression.
It is good to be vigilant, observant.
I bet the incidence of burglary is down in that naborhood.

MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman is a monster and Florida "law",
if you can justify it with that term, abetted him.
Injustice was done in FL day before yesterday.
We need to amend that law to make it clearer that the right to use lethal defensive force
does not depend on experiencing any emotion (e.g., fear)
but that when a citizen (not sure qua illegal aliens) knows
that he is in danger, he can and he shud freely apply such
deadly defensive force as soon as possible, to end the threat.

Zimmy is a better man than I am. I look up to him.
He has a heart of gold, taking care of his nabors, like Olivia
who had been the victims of black burglaries; his profiling made sense.
I have been too lazy to do what Zimmy has done.
Your post shows the perversity of the left, Jack.

David
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:13 am
David says:
Quote:

Which is precisely Zimmerman PROFILING him. What Trayvon, IN FACT< was doing, was talking in his cellphone to his girlfriend before going home. Any kid wants some privacy in those circumstances, which was why he was outside, coming back from the store. Have you ever watched people talking on cells outside when they're not going somewhere? I have. They walk around aimlessly, back and forth, they stare at things they have no idea of--they'll look fixedly for seconds at a bush, or a flower, or, disconcertingly, at a bystander. I've watched a lot, I know. Zimmerman stereotyped him. Erroneously, and fatally.

Trayvon had done no crime, he was not responsible for ANYTHING that Zimmerman profiled him for. You're right in one thing, though, David. Trayvon should have been armed, and he should have shot Zimmerman first because he wass clearly justified in his fear of him. It's unfortunate that the agressive, mistaken Zimmerman had the only gun, becuaswe he ws clearly wrong all the way down the line.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:31 am
@MontereyJack,
David says:
Quote:
MontereyJack wrote:
Which is precisely Zimmerman PROFILING him.
U say that as if it were bad.
We who wanna KEEP our stuff, need to be defensive
if there has been a high incidence of burglary.

MontereyJack wrote:
What Trayvbonb, IN FACT< was doing, was talking in his cellphone to his girlfriend before going home. Any kid wants some privacy in those circumstances, which wass hwy he was outside, coming back from the store.
It came out that there was no one
but a younger fellow (maybe 12, was it??) in his home.

MontereyJack wrote:
Have you ever watched people talking on cells outside
when they're not going somewhere?
I don't do that.

MontereyJack wrote:
I have. They walk around aimlessly, back and forth, they stare at things they have no idea of--they'll look fixedly for seconds at a bush, or a flower, or, disconcertingly, at a bystander. I've watched a lot, I know. Zimmerman stereotyped him. Erroneously, and fatally.
Zimmy did not become violent
until he had to in order to avoid murder.
The bad guy became violent FIRST.
He picked the rong guy;
(apparently believing that Zimmy was helpless).
He paid the price for his violence. It was a bad choice.

If someone were following me,
I 'd not become violent; no chance.
I 'd not even get mad.

Wud u do worse, Jack ??

David
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:38 am
@MontereyJack,
Profiling isn't actually wrong - the British do it very successfully, and most police forces use it to some degree, otherwise they would spend 95% of their patrol time intercepting & talking to the wrong people...you would then have a police force many times less efficient.

When a person looks :
- out of place, you have profiled their looks (which may include many aspects other than race)
- is suspicious, you have profiled either their behaviour, or their 'out of place' looks and behaviour.

The problem here is that Zimmerman probably has no training or instinct for what constitutes 'suspicious' or 'out of place', nor regard for appropriate behaviour. He could simply have pulled alongside and said "Hi, I'm part of the neighbourhood watch, are you a new resident?" (that would have lead to conversation about who he was visiting)

Had he done so, a kid would not likely be dead (that of course, is only a guess)
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 04:45 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
He chased Trayvon. That's vigilantism.

You're lying again, Monkeyjerk. Zimmerman got out of a car to check a street number for the cops and was walking BACK to his vehicle when Martin doubled back and attacked him. All Martin had to do was continue walking home (he didn't even have to run), and he'd be alive.

Or he could have decided to be an ordinary (non murderer) asshole and just punched Zimmerman ONCE and walked away... He'd still be alive. But, no, Trayvon Martin had to try to be a SUPER ASSHOLE, knock Zimmerman down with the sucker punch AND THEN JUMP ON TOP OF HIM AND TRY TO LITERALLY BEAT HIM TO DEATH