The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 03:57 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Why don't you follow your own advice?

I always do just that.

firefly wrote:
Where is your evidence, and persuasive argument, to support the contention that an unarmed teen, a middle class high school student, simply on his way home from a trip to the store, suddenly decided to attack a total stranger for no logical reason at all?

In the unlikely event that I ever decide to make such a claim, I will be sure to adequately support it.

firefly wrote:
Where is your evidence, and persuasive argument, to explain why Zimmerman didn't just remain in his car, or continue his trip to Target, after calling the police, if he didn't have a personal need to play vigilante, or a desire to have a confrontation with his profiled "suspect"?

That one is easy. He's a free American citizen.

Americans are not required to stay in our cars after we call the police. We are allowed to leave our cars at will.
firefly

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Americans are not required to stay in our cars after we call the police. We are allowed to leave our cars at will.

Then you are acknowledging that Zimmerman willfully went after Martin. He had no other reason to get out of his car.
oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:01 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/clueless.jpg

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own cluelessness.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:02 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
http://rlv.zcache.com/bird_brain_crow_hat-rb97fc767cc3c4ce192011b09be26108d_v9wfy_8byvr_512.jpg

Your namecalling does little to compensate for your lack of intelligence.
cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:02 pm
@oralloy,
So, according to your explanations, it's also okay for a black man to do the same to a white guy.

Sounds reasonable. Don't bitch when such an occurrence happens in the future.

I hope the next victim is you!
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:04 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Then you are acknowledging that Zimmerman willfully went after Martin. He had no other reason to get out of his car.

It seems likely that Zimmerman did trail behind him until the dispatcher advised that they didn't need him to do that.
0 Replies

firefly

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:04 pm
@oralloy,
Parrot boy repeats himself yet again. Laughing
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L7KsquoAj-U/SbSN8KabslI/AAAAAAAABjw/RSdOC8Iexys/s400/Beatrice+8x10.jpg
oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:08 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Parrot boy

Your name-calling really does nothing to compensate for your stupidity.
firefly

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Your name-calling really does nothing to compensate for your stupidity.

Says the birdbrain as he engages in name-calling. Laughing

Your waist size probably exceeds your I.Q., judging by the significant cognitive deficits and lacunae you're constantly revealing.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2388014336/h61374D53/
oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:19 pm
@firefly,

OK, enough of your retarded babbling.

*PLONK*
oralloy

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The prosecution has a lot to answer for in that it never really walked the standards of the case in front of the jury. It tried its case and the judge qnd the attornies argued the "manslaughter option" without the jury present. I blame the prosecution for NOT talking to the jury about the standards and bases of the law that dictate each possible verdict.

I don't think the prosecution can be blamed for failing. Based on the hysterical replies I got both in this thread and in some of the other threads when I asked straightforward questions about the evidence, I think it is safe to assume that there was no evidence to support any manslaughter conviction.

farmerman wrote:
The DOJ suspects a poor prosecution also nd is looking into civil rights violations perped by Zimmerman on an innocent youth.

I think that is unlikely. I'm sure they know that Zimmerman is a private citizen, and thus cannot be prosecuted as if he were a cop or government official. I really doubt they are looking into anything at all.
firefly

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think it is safe to assume that there was no evidence to support any manslaughter conviction.

Not unless you choose to ignore the entire case the state presented at trial. They presented plenty of evidence.

But you have no problems ignoring reality.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8329/8107439339_fe30eddf81_o.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 04:45 pm
@oralloy,
Your observation that
Quote:
Based on the hysterical replies I got both in this thread and in some of the other threads when I asked straightforward questions about the evidence, I think it is safe to assume that there was no evidence to support any manslaughter conviction.
only proves you don't understand the freedom of movement in this country.

That's the reason why I have no problem in stating that I hope you're followed by a black man, and shot, and he's acquitted of any crime.

On second thought, I hope your son or daughter is shot dead while they're returning from the store. It's also safe to "assume that there is no evidence to support any manslaughter conviction."

See how you react as a parent.

And all those speaking in defense of your child are only "hysterical replies."
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:40 pm
@firefly,
And, I hope that there is a civil action.

Zimmerman's Father was a Judge. Zimmerman stated that his goal was to be a Judge.

Zimmerman also stated that he was sick and tired of these "azzholes" getting away with crimes. That's why he got out of the car and followed he decided that this one wasn't getting away.

I agree, Martin knew he was being followed, attack or be attacked may have been his thought pattern at the time. And, it cost him his life.

Zimmerman decided he was the law that night.

And, he better never get the opportunity to become a Judge.

No one could confirm who's voice it was that was calling for help, both sides swore it was their son, witnesses changed their minds, couldn't confirm and a 13 year old girl accused the law of telling her it was the guy in the red on the ground and asking her to swear to that.

Zimmerman's wife is up for perjury. Zimmerman decided, 6 times too many of these guys getting away for "burglary" not rape, not murder just kids, stealing...

And so, he decided he was law, that night...

He's not even feeling remorse at all, he feels that he was attacked and rightly so, shot the guy to save his own life... He has no comprehension that he created the whole thing.

So there is nothing for him to live with in guilt at all, in his mind.
cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
This was another one of the prosecution's failures.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/322204

I trust digital analysis as more reliable to human hearing and witnesses.
How often does anyone hear another man scream?
I've heard children scream, but not adults.
It's somewhat similar to fingerprinting.
0 Replies

Thomas

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I consider u to be a sadist;
i.e., a man who derives pleasure from the pain of others.

U wanted to see your fellow American lose the next 30 years of his life.

What is the relevance of Zimmerman's nationality here? By your standards, if Frank wanted, say, a German to lose the next 30 years of his life --- would he then not be a sadist?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:00 pm
The trial is over; now it's:

LAWSUIT TIME!!

And it isn't just George Zimmerman who has major reasons for suing the state of flori-duh, Angela Corey, elements of our feral media, particularly NBC News, and possibly even Benjie delaRhumba et. al. The police chief and lead investigator who refused to knuckle under to Sharpton/Jackson/Obunga/Holder et. al. originally have potential lawsuits as do a few other people who have been harmed by Corey. One legal expert on Fox this morning noted that Corey "deserves everything she has coming to her", which I presume means a legal **** storm of sorts.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957
firefly

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:06 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Dershowitz tells Newsmax he expects there will probably be a lawsuit filed against Zimmerman for civil damages. He said civil-damage cases require a lower standard of proof that a wrong has been committed, and Zimmerman would not be able to avoid testifying.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957#ixzz2Z4H2NzdW

gungasnake

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:08 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957

Quote:

Famed defense lawyer and Harvard law professor Alan M. Dershowitz is calling for a federal investigation into civil rights violations stemming from the George Zimmerman case — but he says the probe should focus on prosecutorial misconduct rather than on allegations of racial profiling and bias.

Quote:

Dershowitz is calling for a civil-rights probe as well. But he contends the person whose rights were violated was Zimmerman....

...“I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties — by the prosecutor,” said the criminal-law expert. “The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence.”...

...Dershowitz singled out special prosecutor Angela Corey for “disciplinary action.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957#ixzz2Z4HkhuQ5
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

0 Replies

revelette

Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:11 pm
@oralloy,
No one is saying someone getting out of a car is wrong. What we have been saying is that it adds to the totality of his mindset when he set out to make sure the punk didn't get away this time.

Zimmerman lied about not knowing the address, it was proven when he went through the walk-through the next day pointing out the address, so the excuse he gave for getting out of the car does not hold up. If he did nothing wrong, why lie about not knowing the street address he lived at for four years? There are only three streets in that gated community, Zimmerman lived there for four years, it stretches the limits of credibility that he would not know the street.

His gun was holstered in back, if he was on his back when he shot Martin like he claimed, how did Martin even see the gun like Zimmerman claimed he did ?

The defense didn't discredit Jeantal, merely the fact that someone does not read cursive or speaks in Ebonics does not mean that they are not credible.

There are still lots of unanswered questions which were not answered at the trial.