The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

BillW

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I think the manslaughter charge option may be part of the judge's instruction to the jury before they go into deliberation.

This could also be one of the areas where the DA shows how hard they are really trying. The would ask the jury if they can't see their way to M2, then they show at least go to manslaughter - then give the reasons they must find this to be so.
gungasnake

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:53 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/08/Broward-county-sheriff-riots

Quote:
On Monday, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office released a video calling on the public not to riot in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict, expected this week or next in Florida. The Sheriff’s Office released a statement explaining that it was “working closely with the Sanford Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies” to coordinate “a response plan in anticipation of the verdict.”

The video, titled “Raise Your Voice, Not Your Hands,” focuses on attempting to channel reaction into non-violent response. It depicts two youngsters, one black teenage boy, one Hispanic teenage girl. “Raise your voice!” says the girl. “And not your hands!” says the boy. “We need to stand together as one, no cuffs, no guns,” says the girl. “Let’s give violence a rest, because we can easily end up arrested,” says the boy. “I know your patience will be tested,” says the girl, and then both conclude, “but law enforcement has your back!”

“Let’s back up and choose not to act up, and deputies are with us, so no need to act up,” says the boy. “Let it roll off your shoulders,” says the girl, “it’s water off your back, don’t lack composure, because in one instant it could be over.” Both conclude: “So let’s make the choice to raise your voice and not your hands.” Sheriff Scott Israel says, “I’m Sheriff Scott Israel, and law enforcement does have your back.”

“Freedom of expression is a constitutional right,” the Sheriff’s Department states. “While raising your voice is encouraged, using your hands is not. BSO has created a public service announcement with the help of kids from the Jason Taylor Foundation, H.A.N.D.Y. (Helping Abused, Neglected, Disadvantaged Youth) and basketball star James Jones of the championship Miami Heat team urging young people not to let their emotions get the best of them.”

Sheriff Scott Israel said, “We don’t have information about a specific event that might take place at the conclusion of the trial, but we encourage everyone to keep any protests peaceful.”

The Department says that it is keeping its channels of communication open with “community leaders, civic activists, members of the clergy, as well as local, state and federal agencies.”

Begging the brainrinsed members of the voting block not to riot as the media narrative unravels and it becomes increasingly obvious that Zimmerman is going to walk. At some point, of course, these people are going to realize how badly they're being played...

cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:04 pm
@BillW,
I was thinking about the manslaughter charge, but it's for the prosecuting attorneys to request it to the judge - as I understand the process.

In the event they don't request the manslaughter charge, I wonder if the Martin family can charge the prosecution with incompetence and find for a retrial. Just a thought.
JTT

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:22 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
At some point, of course, these people are going to realize how badly they're being played...

Hasn't happened for the vast majority of Americans for 237 years so why do you expect some major turnaround right at this moment?
revelette

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I doubt the martin family would do that even if it could be done. I really don't know if it could be done.

Last I checked on HLN, the attorneys and the Judge are still in court. The defense is trying to bring in text messages and that animation thing they have been arguing about all day.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:45 pm
@JTT,
I'm talking about the voting-block blacks. NOBODY is infinitely stupid and sooner or later, they will figure it out.

Quote:
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln
OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I was thinking about the manslaughter charge, but it's for the prosecuting attorneys
to request it to the judge - as I understand the process.

In the event they don't request the manslaughter charge,
I wonder if the Martin family can charge the prosecution
with incompetence and find for a retrial. Just a thought.
C. I. is an unusually IGNORANT fellow.
He knows not what the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution
declares in prohibition of DOUBLE jeopardy.
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Boy, you're supposed to be an attorney and don't even know or understand the term "double jeopardy." Not surprised.

OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Its my fault: I give u too much respect,
by responding to your posts. I repeatedly say
that I am going to de-emphasize u,
and then I relent and respond to your posted foolishness.

I must remember to regard u with the appropriate disdain.
It is possible that in your younger days, your mind was respectable.

David
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Please put me on Ignore. It'll save you a lot of anguish. Mr. Green

FYI, there's only one trial. It's up to the judge to allow manslaughter or not - in THIS trial.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have decided that u r not foul enuf
to be eligible for Ignore,
but I will pay significantly less attention to u.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
We definitely have three or four super dolts here...

http://lornasvoice.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/dolt.jpg
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:27 pm
@gungasnake,
And you'd be one of them. Mr. Green
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 08:40 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
NOBODY is infinitely stupid and sooner or later, they will figure it out.

It really is amazing how y'all can sit around and pretend to care, one side for Z and the other for M, just like people who possess a moral base.

Consider just how many know the truth about what the US government is, Gunga, it has been figured out. But the stupidity, the denials, the cover ups continue.

Quote:
President [Teddy] Roosevelt privately assured a friend the water cure was "an old Filipino method of mild torture" and claimed when Americans administered it "nobody was seriously damaged."

The "treatment" consisted of spread-eagling a prisoner on his back, forcing his mouth open with a bamboo stick and pouring gallons of water down his throat. Helpless, the prisoner was pumped with water until his stomach was near the bursting point. Then he was questioned. If he refused to answer, an American soldier stood or kneeled on his belly, forcing the water out. One report by a U.S. soldier told how "a good heavy man" jumped on a prisoner’s belly "sending a gush of water from his mouth into the air as high as six feet."

This cure was repeated until the prisoner talked or died. Roughly half the Filipinos given the cure did not survive. How many Filipinos were killed by torture is not known, but the extent of the practice is documented by a letter sent home by a soldier who bragged of inflicting the water cure on 160 Filipinos, 134 of whom died. A Harvard-educated officer, 1st Lt. Grover Flint, testified before the US Senate on the routine torture of Filipino combatants and civilians. He described the “water cure” as standard US Army torture.

http://covertoperations.blogspot.ca/2012/09/the-philippine-american-war.html

Is this in your "history" books, Gunga?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 09:24 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

NOBODY is infinitely stupid

And you're the exception that proves the rule....
OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 09:47 pm
@gungasnake,
Yes, but to be fair,
I doubt that their mental decline is their fault,
beyond the flaws imposed by nature.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 10:08 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
We definitely have three or four super dolts here...

There's that oh so common USian propensity to point fingers.

This can only be explained by how deeply those minds have been affected by propaganda, by brain washing.

The disconnect is absolutely unbelievable!
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 9 Jul, 2013 11:23 pm
Slate's Dave Weigel added: "This broccoli discussion is more proof that you could fire half the press corps at random and America would be fine."

0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 10 Jul, 2013 02:54 am
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/07/zimmermans_pointless_trial.html

rationale for prosecution aparently throwing the case...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:09 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Such is the mind of liberalism.
Thomas wrote:
I'm a liberal, too.
That saddens me.
For several years, I have held your mind in the highest esteem.
I continue to do so, admiring your sublime analytical abilities,
your honesty, your erudition, and your good manners.
We cud use u on the side of Orthodox Americanism
(e.g., James Madison), as amended per Article 5.
I understand that u make a living from the laws of Nature,
not those of Man, but I 'd have believed that u were a
good lawyer, from your well-considered posts.

Thomas wrote:
If I weren't a liberal,
I would not take such a hard line on the presumption of innocence.
From that notion, I must respectfully dissent,
(depending on how u define "liberal").
I understand it to address the question of whether or not
there is variation, or any inconsistency, with a designated criterion,
be it a philosophy, a contract, a constitution, a statute,
or any body of rules or style.
I voted for Barry Goldwater and I represent his philosophy
of the Orthodox Americanism of the Founders of the Republic.
As such, it comes naturally, inexorably to me to support
the presumption of innocence
. If I were so fortunate
as to successfully convince u to adopt my point of vu,
wud u then abandon the presumption of innocence??

If u actually wud,
then will u explain your rationale for so doing??

Thomas wrote:
I would not feel so strongly that the jury needs to acquit Zimmerman,
given the prosecution's poor evidence.
The presumption of innocence is an Orthodox American principle,
extant long before the births of the Roosevelts or of the Kennedys.
For what reason do u indicate that it is LIBERAL??
Liberal in reference to WHAT??

Thomas wrote:
May I suggest that you hang out with real-life liberals more often,
broaden your perspective a little?
I have done that, Tom.
2 of my best friends r liberals
(2 retired NYC schoolteachers) from the 1930s.
I do that a lot; I love to argue.
Libertarians r disproportionately well represented in Mensa,
but it has liberals in it, too; arguable.

David