The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:17 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Roundup, basically a total disaster for the persecution:

Not unless you can read the jurors minds...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:26 pm
http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/06/27/hilarious-glenn-reads-the-unbelievable-tweets-of-trayons-classy-friend/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 27 Jun, 2013 11:52 pm
gunga cites the most rabidly right wing of lunatic fringe media seven times in a row, and thinks somehow it's the spirit of the country. No, gunga, it's merely people who had made up their minds two minutes after first hearing of the killing, purely on ideological grounds, before any of the facts came out, and have totally ignored any evidence since.
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 12:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Some people never check their source.
Glenn Beck is a liar, and people like gunga believes almost everything he says without checking other sources. TNCFS
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090801235203AAgK2ig
gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 06:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Not having a totally complete story at your disposal does not make anybody a liar, particularly somebody trying to cover the news of the entire world on a radio program. YOUR source is total bullshit and YOU are the only liar I see in the picture.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:07 am
http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/star-zimmerman-witness-implodes/

Quote:
DrewDad

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:07 am
@gungasnake,
"Viral" in this case means "quarantined to a very small portion of the Internet."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:33 am
@gungasnake,
World Nut Daily? Really?

Talk about "lame stream media...."
gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:42 am
@DrewDad,
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNtpifmCcAAkBlP.jpg
0 Replies

revelette

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 09:15 am
I am sure that gungasnake don't bother going to my links and I don't bother going to his. I hate to side with gunga, but I have to admit, that the state is not doing a very good job I don't think. Unless things change it is looking like the guy is going to walk which is a shame. The reason I think it is a shame is because from what I have read and heard, it looks like it went down like this: Zimmerman who does seem a Barney Fife on steroids followed Trayvon Martin for no reason other than he was wearing a hoodie and therefore looked suspicious. He kept following him and somehow (not sure on that yet) they got into a scuffle and Zimmerman shot and killed him because he was getting beat up. The whole thing was Zimmerman's fault.
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 09:19 am
@revelette,
Your paragraph is contradictory. State isn't doing a good job, but Zimmerman on steroids killed and shot Martin.
revelette

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
The steroids bit is just maybe a poor word, I meant that Zimmerman is a wanna be cop and the state in my judgment (such as it is) not doing too good of a job explaining that Zimmeman did not have to follow Trayvon Martin in the first place and that Zimmerman was not in danger of his life and so did not have to use deadly force and kill Trayvon Martin. That is just my impressions so far.
gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:37 am
@revelette,
Zimmerman was having his head pounded into the pavement by a trained MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) artist, had his nose broken and other significant damage to both his head and face at the time the gun went off. Aside from saving his own life, he almost certainly saved the lives of others in the bargain. They say that killing people gets easier after the first one...
farmerman

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:43 am
@gungasnake,
Now you say that "the gun went off"? Zimmerman had nothing to do with it?
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:52 am
@farmerman,
That as a self-defense isn't gonna work. LOL
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:26 am
@revelette,
Quote:
The whole thing was Zimmerman's fault.

That alone might get him a manslaughter conviction.

The case for second degree murder is not strong, but a case for manslaughter is much stronger.

And the state hasn't yet gotten to all the inconsistencies and contradictions in the accounts Zimmerman gave to the police--they're going to call his credibility into question.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:28 am
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/zimmerman-trial-blockbuster-transcript-eyewitness-good-black-guy-in-black-hoodie-on-top-punching-down-mixed-martial-arts-style//#more

Quote:

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL BLOCKBUSTER — TRANSCRIPT — Eyewitness Good: Black guy in black hoodie on top punching down Mixed Martial Arts style...

Quote:

The State seems to have suffered the most destructive of its own witnesses to date in calling John Good to the stand.Good was composed, coherent, and direct through his extensive testimony, the entirety of which was entirely consistent with the defense’s theory of lawful self-defense....

Quote:
Indeed, as has become the pattern in this trial, the longer the State’s witness was in the stand, the more damage he did to the State’s theory of the case. The continually growing climax was realized at the very end of the testimony, when O’Mara held a copy of Good’s initial statement to then-lead Investigator Chris Serino (a transcript of is provided below):

Quote:
O’Mara: Just to clarify what was actually talked about with Chris Serino, Investigator Serino, during this, we’re going to call it for the moment the Ground-and-Pound conversation. We have a rule called completeness, so what I want to do is put it in context for you, ask you if this is what you said to Chris Serino. OK?

“Yeah I pretty much heard somebody yelling outside. I wasn’t sure if it was, you know, a fight or something going wrong. So I opened my blinds and I see kind of like a person out there. I didn’t know if it was a dog attack or something. So I open my door. It was a black man with a black hoodie on top of the other, either a white guy or now I found out I think it was a Hispanic guy with a red sweatshirt on the ground yelling out help! And I tried to tell them, get out of here, you know, stop or whatever, and then one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”

Is that the context in which that happened?

Good: Yes.

O’Mara: And then Investigator Serino said, a word that I have, and the transcripts may differ, ground, couldn’t figure it, maybe he said Ground-and-Pound, and then you said:

“Yeah, like a Ground-and-Pound on the concrete at this point, so at this point I told him I’m calling 911.”

BDLR: Objection. Improper bolstering.

O’Mara: I’m at the end of it. Is that–

Judge: There’s an objection and the objection is . . .

BDLR: Hearsay and improper bolstering

O’Mara: I would suggest that rule 108, which is the rule of completeness, suggests that because they brought in part of it . . . and iI’m speaking, I apologize.

Judge: The objection as to hearsay is overruled. Bolstering is not the right objection either, so that’s OK.

BDLR: Beyond the scope of cross-examination to that point

Judge: I overrule on that objection, also, so go ahead.

O’Mara: That’s what you said.

Good: The whole thing, yes

O’Mara: And that was the context in which the words Ground-and-Pound came out.

Good: Yes, for more clarification.

O’Mara: OK. And do you stand by that today, that what you saw is was a Ground-and-Pound event?

Good: It looked like that position was a Ground-and-Pound type of position, but I couldn’t tell 100% that there were actually fists hitting faces.

O’Mara: But you did see [reading] “the guy in the top in the black hoodie pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.”

Good: Meaning arm motions going down on the person on the bottom. Correct.

O’Mara: You’re’ not going to tell the jury here today that you saw fists hit flesh or face if you didn’t actually see it, right?

Good: I wouldn’t tell them that anyway, because i didn’t actually see it.

O’Mara: Great, thanks very much , no further questions.

BDLR: Not to elaborate but the thing that Mr. O’Mara said from the transcript, the bottom line, you needed to clarify after that to make sure that everybody understood that you did not hear or see fists the guy on the top hitting the guy on the bottom.

Good: Both sides made me clarify.

BDLR: Is that correct?

Good: That’s correct.

BDLR: You did not see blows on the guy on the bottom, correct?

Good: Correct

BDLR: Thank you, no further questions.

gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:32 am
State's case has totally imploded and they still haven't gotten to the first defense witness.

I still halfway expect the judge to call this one somewhere here shortly if for no other reason to avoid any further embarrassment to the Flori-DUH judicial system. I mean, at this point, it's down to a question of how stupid do they really want to look.
gungasnake

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:39 am
Commenters on legalinsurrection asking about a ten-run rule in trials like in Little League baseball....
0 Replies

revelette

Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:41 am
@farmerman,
A witness just said on cross examination that Zimmerman admitted to shooting Trayvon Martin. No mention of a gun just going off.
0 Replies