The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:06 am
@parados,
That's because Zimmerman's "perceived threat" was only in his own head as a wanna be cop.

There was nothing in Martin's behavior that any average person would have pursued him. Wearing a hoodie and looking at houses is not a crime. Walking in the neighborhood of his father's home is not a crime.

What other "normal" citizen would pursue him? NONE.

0 Replies

BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:08 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

BillW wrote:
This doesn't have relavence, it is a completely assine reason to commit murder

It's a reasonable ground for hypothesizing that Zimmerman's mind was not depraved, and that he therefore did not commit murder. This possibility is what has relevance.

This is a good point Thomas, but once again, it goes both ways and is up to the jury to make the decision as to if his reasoning is depraved. The Judge made the decision that the trial goes on, therefore, it is her reasoning theat the DA proved the points of law, if it is what actually happened is up to the jury to decide.
cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:12 am
@BillW,
I totally agree; it's up to the jury. They may be as split as those of us who have commented on these pages. We won't know until we hear the verdict.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:13 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Bill, in my expert opinion as a frequent participant in threads like this, you are trying to start a pissing match with me. I'm not interested, so I won't be responding to you for a while.

This wasn't my intent and I agree with you. There are certain words I used that I wish I hadn't over a few post yesterday. I was being affected by others things at the time - not you - that I wish had not been carried over. The debate is good, the words I used must be tempered!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David says:
Quote:
Chances r pretty good that Zimmy will be exonerated, vindicated and congratulated; when that happens,
I imagine that he will be offered employment by many police depts.
to which he may offer his services.
There is nothing rong with Zimmy; (he shud be a lot richer soon too, regardless).

Even if, in one of those perversions of justice Florida is justly infamous for, the predator Zimmerman excapes conviction for his crime, he's not gonna be a cop. The last thing any police department wants is a loose cannon, and they just don't come any looser than Zimmerman.
BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:23 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Rockhead wrote:
but he's a liar...

Sure. So what? Lying is legal.

Zimmerman's lies are all self serving, therefore, one can conclude that al of Zimmerman's statements that are self serving are lies or at a minimum can not be depended on. There goes 75% of the defense's case!
OmSigDAVID

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:24 am
@revelette,
DAVID wrote:
After he applies
to those police depts. for employment.

revelette wrote:

well you said "offered employment" to which he "may offer his services."

DAVID wrote:
imagine that he will be offered employment by many police depts.

revelette wrote:
It was just a silly thing to say.
Silly Me!

revelette wrote:
I read an article to which I posted the other day where police chiefs in Florida objected the 2005 self defense laws in Florida
and pointed to the Zimmerman case as an example of why it was disastrous.

Florida’s Disastrous Self-Defense Law

So, I don't think the Florida police department is going to offer employment to Zimmerman anytime soon.
We shall see.

David
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:26 am
@BillW,
That's also true; the judge's instruction to the jury is standard; if they find the defendant has lied on any issue, they can assume he/she lied on everything.

That's a tough standard to beat in any defense of innocence.

If the jurors latch onto just that one instruction, Zimmerman is a goner, because there's enough evidence he lied.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

gungasnaKKKe says:
Quote:
He wasn't "pursuing" anybody or anything. Zimmerman had gotten out of his car to check an address, was returning to his car, and Martin doubled back and attacked him.

Reaaallly? You do realize Zimmerman admits he was chasing Trayvon on the dispatcher's tape, don't you?

You do realize the attack took place in the interior of a residential bloock, in peoples' backyards, far from the street, don't you?

You realize street signs are posted on street corners, not in backyards, don't you?

You realize people put their street numbers on the fronts of their houses, not their backyards, don't you?

You realize Zimmerman couldn't possibly have been trying to identify an address in a backyard, don't you.

You realize now that Zimmerman was in fact pursuing Trayvon, don't you?

You realize that your source, whatever it was, was full of crap, deon't you?

Zimmerman parked his truck right in front of a house he could go and get the street address by walking up to the front door and looking. The point he makes that he can't remember the street name is a lie and everyone knows it. At the very least, he could give the house address to the 911 operator and she would know the steet address because she has a map called up. This is another of the significant lies that effects all of Zimmerman's statements. If he had done this, Martin would be alive today.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:30 am
@MontereyJack,

David says:
DAVID wrote:
Chances r pretty good that Zimmy will be exonerated, vindicated and congratulated; when that happens,
I imagine that he will be offered employment by many police depts.
There is nothing rong with Zimmy; (he shud be a lot richer soon too, regardless).
MontereyJack wrote:

Even if, in one of those perversions of justice Florida is justly infamous for, the predator Zimmerman excapes conviction for his crime, he's not gonna be a cop. The last thing any police department wants is a loose cannon, and they just don't come any looser than Zimmerman.
I don't believe that the facts
of the case will support your conclusions.
We will see; I m willing to be patient.

David
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:34 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Quote:
After he applies
to those police depts. for employment.

well you said "offered employment" to which he "may offer his services."

Quote:
imagine that he will be offered employment by many police depts.

It was just a silly thing to say.

I read an article to which I posted the other day where police chiefs in Florida objected the 2005 self defense laws in Florida and pointed to the Zimmerman case as an example of why it was disastrous.

This goes to the argument of a "depraved" mind - Zimmerman has a state of mind of a wanna be cop, he lives his life for this. He places the killing of another human being before the life of the human being so that he can become a cop. This is a moral flaw with corrupt and perverted intent which is devoid of regard for human dignity and which is indifferent to human life. It is a state of mind outrageously horrible or inhuman.

Zimmerman knew he had just minutes (it would end up being 1-2) before cops would be on site. The would "save him" at that point. He had to get Martin dead, so he abruptly and willing executed him at this point.

Instead of preforming CPR (which I'm sure he had extended training for also) on Trayvon he walked about in a contemplative manner (this is already in evidence as stated by at least one witness) conjuring up elements he learned that he must interject into the situtation that was self serving. Elements that only come from his mouth and have never been corroborate by any other witnesses. These statements must be at a minimum thrown out and in my view, considered lies, conjured up and added to his story as self serving lies.
BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:52 am
@BillW,
These facts alone convict Zimmerman of man slaughter and are very essential toward showing a depraved mind, ie, murder2. Most people beleive that Zimmerman was negligently driving that car and killed someone, a minor who was obeying all laws and who is now dead. I use this exampling of using a car because everyone understand vehicular man slaughter. This is the very least of a comparison to Zimmerman's actions and outcomes........
JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:26 am
@BillW,
All this talk of "depraved minds", Bill, and yet there is stone cold silence on the incredible, mind boggling depravity that has been characteristic of US foreign policy for over a century.

Do you ever wonder why?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:41 am
@BillW,
Quote:
These facts alone convict Zimmerman of man slaughter and are very essential toward showing a depraved mind, ie, murder2. Most people beleive that Zimmerman was negligently driving that car and killed someone, a minor who was obeying all laws and who is now dead. ....

Aen't you going to say anything about George Zimmerman driving a bailing machine through downtown Miami and bailing up colored people as he encountered them? Anybody with a really depraved mind knows that farm equipment is THE was to dispatch victims. I mean, cars and trucks don't even come close...

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:45 am
@MontereyJack,
'Follow' and 'pursue' are not synonyms. The one implies an effort to catch up to somebody, the other does not.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:47 am
Jurors were apparently laughing at the persecution yesterday:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-how-bad-was-me-20130705,0,6556694.post
cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:53 am
@gungasnake,
Take away Bao and what does Zimmerman have? His Lies.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 12:05 pm
JTT says:

Quote:
@BillW,

All this talk of "depraved minds", Bill, and yet there is stone cold silence on the incredible, mind boggling depravity that has been characteristic of US foreign policy for over a century.

Do you ever wonder why?

Maybe it's because it doesn't have naything to do with George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin?
cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 12:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
The only depraved mind belongs to JTT who seems obsessed with his incessant message about the US regardless of the theme of any thread on a2k.

He's a ******* BORE!
JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 01:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Maybe it's because it doesn't have naything to do with George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin?

Not directly it doesn't, MJ.

But it has much to do with this situation and so many other situations where Americans feign a morality that simply doesn't extend past their tiny circle. These same Mother Theresas completely, wantonly, totally disregard much much more heinous actions which you yourself have acknowledged are the truth.

It's like a group of Neo Nazis praising Hitler and the Nazis's WWII actions. Do you think these people who go "rah rah" at these little events would sit silent for that?

Do you think you would sit silent for that, CI?
0 Replies