The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

coldjoint

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 08:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The more you try to wipe the egg off your face, the more you spread it around. Your transparent attempts to make yourself look less foolish only make you seem moreso. Right now, your face is a mess--egg all over it. Smile

If he is that stupid why do you reply, and also tell him his status on your rating scale.

I think you find out when he was born and check his(Zimmerman) horoscope. And find out why he was born on the highway to Hell.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:16 pm
Quote:
At the time of his arrest, Zimmerman had two cell phones. An affidavit, filed Monday, says he told authorities he recorded the altercation with his girlfriend on his cell phone.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/us/florida-george-zimmerman-evidence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

well now, if it backs up his story this might indeed be over very soon.
BillRM

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
well now, if it backs up his story this might indeed be over very soon.

The annoying part is that if it turn out that his girlfriend is lying she will likely not face any punishment.

hawkeye10

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:39 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The annoying part is that if it turn out that his girlfriend is lying she will likely not face any punishment.
i think this is where Firefly tells us that putting up with George as a BF for two months and not getting a payoff is punishment, him being an monster and all.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:41 pm
Oh Firefly fear not even if he can proved hundred percent that he did not threaten this girlfriend with any weapon using his cell phone recordings they can turn around and charge him with recording her without her knowledge a crime in the state of Florida.

See one way or another they can still find a way to get the poor man.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 12:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

DAVID wrote:
I dunno if different colors freeze at different temperatures.
coldjoint wrote:
In this case self defense and fear for his life negate any color you wish to throw in.
And that is what should be taken away from this incident.
U raise an interesting point.
The way that the self defense statute has been written was unwise
insofar as it addresses the emotion ("fear") of a citizen
being related to his legal authority to fight back effectively.
The Legislature failed to consider the fact that when people
are put into positions of danger thay don 't necessarily KNOW it.
Tho thay might get killed, or near killed, thay are NOT necessarily afraid.
Winston Churchill spoke (from his own experience)
of "being shot at with no effect" as being exhilarating.
There was no evidence that Kennedy was afraid before Oswald's
first shot hit him. When someone took a potshot at me, I was not afraid;
not enuf time for that. I was merely observing events and drawing out my own gun.
Yet language in the Florida statute provides that experiencing fear
is a condition precedent to the right to kill in self defense.
If 2 men are together, subjected to the same lethal danger
one of them might be afraid and the other not. Shud it be
that only one of them has the right to fight back??

David
Frank Apisa wrote:
Nope!

What should happen is that you guys who are looking for an excuse
to shoot and kill someone should be lobbying for a law that will allow
gun owners to shoot anybody for any reason at any time.
I dispute n reject your characterization of us as wishing to harm others.
Freedom-lovers are not sadists.
We defend our freedom to fight back against predatory violence.
Other than that, as a libertarian Individualist hedonist,
I say live and let live.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Sounds like the logic light at the end of the tunnel you are travelling.
I dunno, but I suspect that if u sat with the problem
and gave it your best dispassionate analysis, u 'd then reach
the opposite conclusion qua the right to self defense against predatory violence.

Alternatively, if u unexpectedly became the victim of a violent predator (human)
in my opinion, u 'd understand that u have the natural right to fight back,
if he put u into danger. Whether u 'd experience fear or not is un-certain.

U shud not be required to generate that fear in your mind
before u begin to try to kill the predator. Yes ??

Stopping to consider it:
even if a victim does experience some degree of fear
in violent circumstances, how can he know whether he feels fear
of A SUFFICIENT MAGNITUDE to reach the statutory minimum to kill the bad guy??

I 'm not able to draw a cartoon, but imagine this one:
Mr. Innocent Guy is expiring, bleeding to imminent death in the street
after being beaten and stabbed.

Police approach and ask him:
"Y didn't u shoot the guy who was beating u to death
and stabbing u ?" Mr. Innocent Guy replies:
"I was trying to get up enuf fear to satisfy the law
but I was too busy trying to fight him off
and I did not have enuf time to get afraid. OOOooooooooo; [death rattle]"
David
Frank Apisa wrote:
Gotta disagree with you here, David.

I think some of the folk ranting on and on about how Zimmerman
had to defend himself look very much to me like people who sincerely
want to shoot and kill someone else.
I take your word for your perceptions,
but thay r inconsistent with known (by me) reality.
U don 't give my laziness enuf credit. I don 't wanna be bothered
with that; no good comes of it. It can be expensive.
I have no tension in the enjoyment of my retirement.
The consequences of shooting someone wud not help.
I prefer to just go to the gunnery range; the targets dont cause trouble.
If someone ELSE shoots bad guys (like if Zimmy shoots them),
I 'll be pleased to applaud that. I 'm too lazy for that,
in addition to the fact that I have no targets for that.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Ya know...if it quacks, waddles, and likes to sit on water...most likely it is a duck.

So why not just lobby for legislation that will allow "decent, law abiding gun owners
to shoot anybody for any reason at any time.
Other than people in the very earliest years of life,
no one is "law abiding" with a gun nor without one; its impossible.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Not saying you have to kill them...
you probably could get plenty of satisfaction out of just maiming them.

Right?
Rong; I have no targets.

David
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 02:40 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
My complaint is that you have no basis for thinking that Mr. Zimmerman has done anything wrong. But despite that, you are weaving a hideous web of unjustified accusations against him, complete with speculation as to "why" he did the things that you are unjustly accusing him of.

How about this. Hideous accusations ? You replied to this :-

Quote:
I can't recall if he said his Father was a Judge, Firefly confirmed that, he did state that but the record was put straight, he was more of a Justice of Peace a very different role.

And, that has nothing to do with Zimmerman. Rather a question pertaining to his Father's stance.

0 Replies

firefly

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:14 am
Quote:

Wickham: George Zimmerman follows O.J.'s path
DeWayne Wickham,
USATODAY
November 25, 2013

When I heard the news reports of George Zimmerman's most recent run-in with the law, I realized this was a movie I'd seen before — and I know just how it will end.

Earlier this year, Zimmerman was acquitted of the criminal charges that resulted from his 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old boy he shot after stalking him through the streets of a gated, Florida community. An overzealous neighborhood watchman, Zimmerman convinced a jury that he fired in self-defense when he pumped a 9mm bullet into the boy's chest.

In the months since his acquittal, Zimmerman has had an increasingly bad series of run-ins with the law, just as O.J. Simpson did following his likewise controversial escape from a murder charge. In what was called the trial of the 20th century, Simpson was accused of the brutal murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ronald Goldman.

Zimmerman, whose case has been labeled the trial of the 21st century, seems to be on the same self-destructive track that eventually landed Simpson behind bars. Not long after Simpson beat his murder charge, he was back in court. First, he was charged — and acquitted — of assaulting a neighbor in a road-rage case. Then he was hauled back before a judge for stealing a satellite TV signal. He was fined $25,000.

Eventually, Simpson's constant flouting of the law caught up with him. He was sentenced to 33 years in a Nevada prison for his role in harebrained scheme to recover some personal items he claimed were stolen from him and ended up in the possession of two sleazy sports memorabilia peddlers. Shortly before cops in Las Vegas arrested Simpson, he emerged from a friend's wedding whistling "If I Only Had a Brain."

Zimmerman is a narcissist of a slightly different kind. He wallows in the belief that he can outsmart others. It was his calm, passionless claim of victimhood that initially kept the police from charging him with murdering young Martin. And it was his baby-faced, videotaped account of his encounter with Martin, which jurors got to see, that appears to have helped convince them of his innocence.

Then, two months later, when his estranged wife called 911 and accused him of striking her father and threatening her with a gun, Zimmerman calmly dropped to his knees and put his hands behind his head when cops arrived. He said he hadn't done anything wrong and was let go when his wife and father-in-law declined to press charges.

But it didn't take long for Zimmerman to find his way back into trouble. Last week, it was his girlfriend who was on the phone with a 911 operator. She told a similar story of Zimmerman in an out-of-control rant, brandishing a gun and hurling threats. When the police arrived, Zimmerman made his own 911 call and accused his girlfriend of "going crazy" on him. When asked if he'd told his version of the incident to cops, Zimmerman seemed to suggest he feared the police were unfairly targeting him. "No," he answered the 911 operator in a timid voice. He hadn't, Zimmerman said, because the officers sounded "pretty upset" as they banged on the door and window of the house inside of which he had barricaded himself.

Like Simpson, Zimmerman can't help himself when it comes to his propensity to find trouble. The demons inside of him have convinced Zimmerman he's invincible. They've made him believe he's above the law, an arrogance that one day soon will land him in jail — or worse.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/11/25/george-zimmerman-trayvon-oj-simpson-column/3692533/

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:32 am
I'd rather have Zim walking around my neighbourhood at night than a suspicious-looking black..Smile
firefly

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:34 am
Quote:
Deputies find five guns in George Zimmerman's bag, search warrant reveals
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
November 26, 2013

Seminole County deputies found five guns and more than 100 rounds of ammunition in George Zimmerman's home last week shortly after he was arrested, accused of domestic violence.

A search warrant made public today shows that he had the weapon that his then-live-in girlfriend said he had used to threaten her: a KelTec 12-gauge shotgun.

He also had a semiautomatic assault rifle – an AR15 - and three handguns.

The 30-year-old Zimmerman was arrested Nov. 18, accused of aggravated assault, domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.

His girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, accuses him of pointing a shotgun at her after she asked him to move out.

She says he also used the shotgun to break a glass table then shoved her out of the house and locked and barricaded the door.

Zimmerman is free on $9,000 bail, living – once again – in hiding.

He says he did nothing illegal and has entered a written plea of not guilty.

According to the search warrant, Zimmerman talked to deputies after he was taken into custody. He told them that he and Scheibe had lived together since Aug. 23, that she was pregnant with his child and that they had agreed earlier that day to separate.

He said his plan was to move to Texas, according to the warrant.

He told deputies that as he was packing, Scheibe began to throw his belongings around the house, including two of his guns, the shotgun and one of the handguns.

In a recorded phone call with a dispatcher, he said he had not pointed a gun at her. He told deputies in his face-to-face interview that he had not touched or pushed her, according to the warrant.

He also told deputies that he had recorded the argument on his cell phone. Deputies seized two, a black Apple iPhone and a Blackberry.

But his claim of having recorded what happened does not mesh with paperwork filed by his lawyer last week. In it, Zimmerman asked for return of both of those phones, alleging they had no evidence related to the case.

Deputies got the warrant, suspecting that Zimmerman had locked away the shotgun after the confrontation but before deputies unlocked the door and pushed their way inside.

Scheibe told them that Zimmerman pointed the shotgun after she said he was calling the authorities.

Deputies found the guns in a black soft-sided case secured with a combination lock, according to the warrant.

Here are the firearms they found: the KelTec 12-gauge shotgun, a high-tech, $1,200 self-defense weapon; the assault rifle; a .380-caliber handgun; a 9mm handgun and a Glock 19 handgun.

They also found more than 100 rounds of ammunition. The greatest quantity - 59 rounds – was for the rifle, for which he also had a shoulder sling, according to the warrant.

His estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman, in a recent appearance on the Katie Couric show, said Zimmerman had become fascinated by guns.

Zimmerman is the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer acquitted in July of second-degree murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, a black 17-year-old he had killed in Sanford the year before.

He told police in that case that he had acted in self-defense.

According to Seminole County Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma, Scheibe told deputies that she is not pregnant.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-search-warrant-20131126,0,2437266.story
Baldimo

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 10:31 am
@firefly,
I don't see the big deal about what he had let alone the "100 rounds of ammo". Big deal, I have at least 300 rounds for each of my hand guns and maybe 30 rounds for my rifle. 100 rounds isn't ****, I'm surprised it was a big issue.
BillRM

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:10 am
@Baldimo,
Hell let me see I have 6 guns and a few hundred rounds of ammo at least around my home and my wife have three guns and also a few hundred rounds of ammo.

The amount of ammo depending on how long it been since we had gone to the range where you can shoot at least a hundred rounds at one time.

Oh, we normally save up our bass and when we go to a reloader we tend to picked up a thousand rounds at one time so a search warrant could find perhaps a 1,000 and a half rounds depending on the cycle of range shooting and buying replacement

Zimmerman numbers does not seen high at all in fact the number of rounds seems on the low side if anything.

Lord I can just see the headlines to impress the non-guns owners, husband and wife have 9 guns and 400 hundreds rounds in their home!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:50 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I'd rather have Zim walking around my neighbourhood at night than a suspicious-looking black..Smile

Think he would get along with the Sharia patrols?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:59 am
Sharia patrols and Zim are both anti-crime, so that makes them ok in my book.
I once went up against a black drug gang myself and got 3 months jail on a vigilante rap..Smile
hawkeye10

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 12:00 pm
the most relevant issue here as firefly pointed out is the cellphone, whether there is a video of this event.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 12:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I once went up against a black drug gang myself and got 3 months jail on a vigilante rap..Smile

What happen to the gang?

If you say nothing, that is your(the UK) problem.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 02:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I once went up against a black drug gang myself and got 3 months jail on a vigilante rap.

What's your big deal about drugs Romeo?

Darwin's wife was an opium dispensary. The House of Lords voted against criminalising heroin. All their wives were on it. Probably still are. Sweet Nigella too I gather. London is awash with "stuff". The companies that supply my drugs of choice are quoted on the Stock Exchange. The cops know how to manage the drug problem without your help.

Was it because they were black?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 03:42 pm
Quote:
Spendius pouted: What's your big deal about drugs Romeo?

Nothing, the Bible okays them and that makes sense to me..Smile
"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" (Ezekiel 47:12)
It's just the junkies who abuse drugs who get them a bad name.
At first I turned a blind eye to the black drug-dealing at a nearby house, but when I saw customers snort in their cars and then screech off posing a danger, and when I saw kids from the school across the road hanging around the drug house in their lunch hour, my conscience kicked in and I decided to do "vigilante".
I'd have done the same if the dealers had been white, yellow, candy-striped or Klingon.
We holy men only do "turn a blind eye" up to a certain point..Smile
coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 03:49 pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s7L3KW_NgjU/TIFpXRNOPHI/AAAAAAAAAvM/ktwWZrzXiD0/s1600/Kung-Fu_Television_Series_Master_Po_Young_Grasshopper.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 26 Nov, 2013 04:10 pm
Quote:
Coldjoint asked: What happen to the gang?

Nothing at all! They were still in business the last time I looked.
I've posted the full sensational story in another thread somewhere, basically i kept tipping off the police about them but they did nothing, then the dealers complained to the police that i was "harassing" them by watching them through my binoculars, so the coppers arrested me and i got 3 months in prison, you couldn't make it up!
It'll all be in my autobiography and no doubt Hollywood will buy the film rights, I wonder who they'll cast to play me, Vin Diesel? Al Pacino? Bruce Willis? Arnie?..Smile

PS- this is Leicester Prison where I "guested" for 3 months-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/slammer.jpg

and now whenever I watch films like Shawshank Redemption and Alcatraz, I smile and smugly think to myself "Bin there, dun that!"..Smile
0 Replies