The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

OmSigDAVID

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 06:56 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Go read the trial transcript to find why the prosecution told the jury,
during summation, that manslaughter was applicable in this case.
I don t feel the need; the good side won. That 's enuf.

firefly wrote:
I'm not really interested in bantering with you about this, David.
I've already said what I think about this matter. Go back and re-read my posts.
It has ofen been the case that lawyers have been very eager
to proffer their legal theories; I thought u might be. That 's OK.
I saw (in passing) your discussions of your ideas qua the facts,
not the excerpted law. I was just mildly curious; no need to "banter"
an exegesis of the allegedly applicable statute.

I will take the inference that u have NOT found any support
for your theories in the words of the statute; no problem.

firefly wrote:
What do you think about Zimmerman's post-acquittal run-ins with the law, and his latest arrest?
I judge not,
that I be not judged. I 'm not getting paid to judge.
A lot of people have their personal problems; none of my business.
His thoughtful kindness to his nabors, his protection from burglary,
on the nite of the fight was enuf to remember him by.

firefly wrote:
Doesn't any of it cause you to re-think your appraisal of his character?
The truth is that I don 't care much.
He will have to address any mistakes for which he is held to account,
the same as anyone, but that is not relevant to anyone 's right
to kill in active defense of his life. No matter how bad anyone 's
character is, he still has the right to defend his life; "equal protection of the laws".
That 's what I call the Saints and Angels interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.
The Bill of Rights was enacted for the protection of EVERYONE,
not just for the Saints and Angels of America.

firefly wrote:
Would you want to see him having continuing access to guns,
given his threatened use of them to terrorize others,
EVERYONE has access to guns, the same as anyone has access
to alcohol or marijuana, legal or not.

In even the most severe disarmament-based scenario, blackmarket gunsmiths will abound.
For many centuries before the advent of electric tools guns were made by hand;
its a lot more convenient now and u end up with a custom made result. (Easy, home made submachine guns:
https://www.paladin-press.com/product/A_Do-It-Yourself_Submachine_Gun )

firefly wrote:
as well as his suicidal thoughts?
Anyone and everyone is within his rights
to end his human life at a time of his choosing. Its HIS life.
He has sovereign autonomy over it. Its a private, personal decision.
People did not wait until guns were invented to begin committing suicide.

Cleopatra and her snake ?

David

firefly

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 07:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, unlike you, I am concerned about unstable and mentally ill individuals having access to assault rifles and handguns and shotguns, and Zimmerman displays considerable evidence of instability, poor impulse controls, mood problems, and impaired judgment.

While these things were apparent before he killed Martin, the stress of that event, and ensuing events, may well have caused further decompensation of his personality and functioning.

I can't believe that any responsible gun owners would support someone, with clear indications of volatility, instability, poor judgment, and impaired impulse control, continuing to have legal access to firearms. And when that individual feels he has nothing further to lose, it's a tragedy waiting to happen.
MontereyJack

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:11 pm
So as I look at the situation, and the fact that Zimmerman had a number of guns in Sandra Schiebe's house (it was HER house they were in, not his), which he apparently left strewn about, and since he brandished a shotgun at her, before pushing her out of her own house, and since the last time he'd brandished a weapon he'd killed someone with it, and since under Florida law the only person who can decide whether or not they feel threatened with great bodily harm by another is the person threatened, and their judgment cannot be questioned, then she would have been perfectly justified in picking up another of Zimmerman's weapons and killing him with it. Right? Right! That IS the law. Better not try it again, George. Wife/girlfriend #4 will be forewarned. and might just beat you to the draw. And if she's smart, she'll have a pistol on her hip any time she's around you. OmSigDavid is right on that point. And only that.
firefly

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
He sounds like a complete mess..
Quote:
George Zimmerman threatened suicide, put gun in mouth, downed pills after trial: girlfriend
By Lisa Lucas, Joseph Straw AND Corky Siemaszko / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
November 20, 2013, 3:21 PM

George Zimmerman allegedly “spiraled” into a depression so deep after he was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin that he shoved a gun in his mouth and threatened to pull the trigger.

And this was after he downed a whole bottle of sleeping pills, his estranged girlfriend Samantha Scheibe says.

The insight into Zimmerman’s shaky state of mind came a day after the infamous former neighborhood watchman was socked with a triple whammy — he was charged with assaulting Scheibe, served with divorce papers by wife Shellie and revealed to be $2.5 million in debt.

Scheibe, in a series of text messages and phone calls with an Orlando, Fla., television station, said she believes Zimmerman secretly enjoyed the attention when he was on trial and couldn’t handle a “normal existence” after the media went away after his acquittal in July.

Zimmerman, she said, was obsessed with guns, spent days lolling around in bed and only went anywhere with dog Oso.

When Scheibe suggested in October that he see a psychiatrist, Zimmerman flipped out and threw all her stuff out of her Apopka, Fla., home.

“She's scared is the bottom line,” Scheibe's mother, Hope Mason, wrote in a text message to WKMG Local 6.

But Scheibe and Zimmerman reconciled and shared a roof until Monday, when he was arrested for allegedly threatening her with a shotgun and smashing a glass coffee table.

Scheibe and Mason had been negotiating with the TV station to do an interview that never happened, WKMG reporter Erik Sandoval reported.

They said that by going public, they would spur Zimmerman into seeing a professional and protect themselves as well.

Scheibe, 27, said she dated Zimmerman before he married Shellie and that she wasn’t trying to cash in on his infamy.

But a longtime Scheibe pal told the Daily News “she always sought the spotlight and wanted her fifteen minutes of fame

“I'm not surprised she's with Zimmerman,” said the friend, who asked not to be identified. “I mean now she's got people chasing her, talking about her, her picture is all over the papers. Next thing you know, she'll write a book or be on some reality show.”

Meanwhile, more potential trouble looms on the horizon for Zimmerman, 30.

The Justice Department will decide “relatively soon” whether it will file civil rights charges against Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of the 17-year-old Martin, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said.

If it does, the agency in will also issue an explanation laying out the legal issues and evidence in the racially charged case, the Justice Department confirmed to The News on Wednesday.

Holder has already called Martin’s killing a “tragic, unnecessary shooting death.”

The unarmed black teenager’s death on Feb. 26, 2012, sparked a national outcry and accusations of racism after authorities waited 44 days before charging Zimmerman with a crime. At trial, Zimmerman said he fired in self-defense.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-learn-civil-rights-charges-await-trayvon-martin-case-article-1.1523733#ixzz2lF3D9zJq
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:42 pm
Quote:
Holder has already called Martin’s killing a “tragic, unnecessary shooting death.”

Holder belongs in jail.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:52 pm
no. Zimmerman does.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
no. Zimmerman does.

Sorry Zimmerman doesn't have the power to abuse like Holder.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:01 pm
coldjoint says:
Quote:
Sorry Zimmerman doesn't have the power to abuse like Holder.

Tell that to Trayvon.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Tell that to Trayvon.

Tell that to the border agents family. Can't remember his name. Guess he isn't as important as a black kid on dope.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:13 pm
You're really good at illogical non sequiturs, aren't you?
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You're really good at logical non sequiturs, aren't you?

As good as you people are at making everyone a victim of this terrible man, including the whole black race.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
he's good with water softeners as well, MJ...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7KWKUciqg8M/hqdefault.jpg
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
he's good with water softeners as well, MJ...

Not as good as you are at trolling.
Rockhead

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:28 pm
@coldjoint,
why did you decide that you needed a new identity?

coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:

What new identity?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:34 pm
Quote:
Zimmerman to be charged with Involuntary Racism
George Zimmerman - Travon Martin Guilty posterThe Department of Social Justice is contemplating several charges against the racist George Zimmerman for his cold-blooded murder of the post-infant and minority representative Trayvon Martin. Evidence compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of Citizens has found Zimmerman to be guilty of at least several major civil rights-related crimes.

Having found no sign of racism in Zimmerman's background, prosecutors plan to file charges of Involuntary Racism in the Commission of a Hate Crime, punishable by up to 20 years of labor in a correctional facility. Party officials believe this is the most appropriate charge based on the FBIC's report.

However, some legal experts are also calling for additional charges, including Gross Negligence in the Commission of a Race Crime, as it is commonly believed that Zimmerman neglected to be properly racist when committing his crime...

http://thepeoplescube.com/
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:

I find cj so uncomfortable to communicate with I've placed him on ignore. But you asked the question of that poster: "why did you decide that you needed a new identity?" Who the hell was he before? Thanks much.
firefly

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Who the hell was he before?

The same obnoxious creep he is now, with a different name.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:40 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The same obnoxious creep he is now, with a different name.

Take a look in the mirror sweety
firefly

Wed 20 Nov, 2013 09:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Take a really deep breath...

http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/garmin.gps/troll.spray.jpg