The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We need to tweak the statute so that when an innocent citizen like Zimmy kills in successful self defense,
he will be immune to any such harassment as was inflicted upon him

Why not just legalize murder so that little twirps like you can feel empowered.

Because the point is not to legalize murder. It is to prevent people from being victimized a second time after they have successfully defended themselves.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 05:38 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
I don't know. I do know that Zimmerman would have been arrested here in New Jersey, even if white. That's because under New Jersey law, he would have had a duty to retreat from a guy he thought "was up to no good", "maybe on drugs or something", and apparently checking out houses for a future burglary. After calling 911, he would have had a legal duty to stand back and give the cops a chance to do their jobs.

So, call me naive if you want, but the Zimmerman case isn't primarily about race for me. It's about the stand-your-ground mentality and the crazy consequences it has on the way states apply the law around self-defense.

Duty To Retreat would not in any way prevent someone from keeping tabs on someone after calling police. Duty To Retreat would only apply once the aggressive confrontation ensued.

And since there seems to have been little opportunity for Zimmerman to retreat after his confrontation ensued, this was not a case were either Stand Your Ground or Duty To Retreat would be a factor.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:08 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Quote:

We need to tweak the statute so that when an innocent citizen like Zimmy kills in successful self defense,
he will be immune to any such harassment as was inflicted upon him
Why not just legalize murder so that little twirps like you can feel empowered.

At an absolute minimum, it should not be possible for a berserker like Angela Corey to bypass the grand jury process.

I personally believe we need to get rid of the 'adversarial' justice system AND the job of DA and adopt the sort of inquisitorial system which France uses so that NOBODY ever has a money/career incentive to simply send people to prison. The job of DA involves huge power and almost no accountability and, as such, is a natural magnet to psychopaths like Corey, Mike Nifong, Janet Reno, Scott Harshbarber, and all of their ilk.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yes, we are talking about 2013, and what still happens to blacks in this country.

The main thing which has "happened to blacks" in this country is the demoKKKrat party, charlatans like Al Sharpton, andfools like yourself.

The good news is that NOBODY is infinitely stupid and blacks in America WILL sooner or later figure out what's what, and how badly they're being played.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
EVERYONE is rightfully entitled to his own opinions...

But NOBODY is entitled to their own facts or their own separate version of reality. THAT is the problem, demoKKKrats and libtards plainly do not understand that.

If I wanted to talk to these losers the way THEY talk to others and to themselves, I'd be talking about President Eisenhower's new eugenics program for libtards and how wonderful it was that finally and at long last we were going to be cleaning up the shallow end of the gene pool, how the demoKKKrat party had just been outlawed and banned, and how wonderful that all of the calendars had been reset to show 1957 forever and that Russia was throwing off communism in 1957, and that God had promised to protect Buddy Holley and J.P Richardson from airplane mishaps...

But, unlike libtards, I ACCEPT the fact that I am not entitled to my own reality. Even fifty years ago the only people who had their own realities and got away with it were people living in funny farms...

0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Zimmerman did not defend himself.

Yes he did, FOOL. You are not entitled to your own separate reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:21 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Mr Z, Judge as a Father, wants to compete, be as good as Dad, if not better, already 31 good luck, was the Police, he decided to ignore "don't get out of the car" you've reported it.
Well said.

It would be impossible for Zimmerman to have ignored any request to not get out of the car, as no such request was ever made.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman tried to do anything other than tail behind Trayvon to keep tabs on him for the police?
oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
That's why the prosecution fucked up Bill. The very rules of the local and National town watches were all available to everyone. I can see why the defense would NOT want to discuss these rules to the jury. Itd snafu up the "innocent self defense " story that they perped.

That they perped??? Do you have any evidence that this wasn't self defense?

Also, do you have any evidence that Zimmerman was ever trained in the rules that you refer to?

Do you have any evidence that he violated any of those rules?

farmerman wrote:
Whetjer you think these rules are stupid or not, you are required to live by them as a member of any town watch.

Maybe when people are on duty. But those rules would be unlikely to apply to people when they are off duty.
0 Replies

revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:37 am
@oralloy,
At the time the 911 dispatcher made the suggestion "we don't need you to do that" Zimmerman was following Trayvon. This was after Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Trayvon was running. So the excuse (there are so many) that Zimmerman had to keep tabs on Trayvon because the dispatcher asked where Trayvon was does not hold up. Zimmerman said Ok, but it is not clear he actually quit following him because he seemed awfully agitated that Trayvon Martin was getting away. "running"

Quote:
Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left…uh
you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. **** he's running.
Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance…******* [unintelligible]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Ok
Zimmerman: Ok
Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?
Zimmerman: George…He ran.
Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?
Zimmerman: Zimmerman
Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/326700/full-transcript-zimmerman.pdf
oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:37 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and my point was that the prosecution was further delinquent in providing a focused compelling case.

The prosecution was hampered by the fact that there is no evidence that Zimmerman committed any crime.

farmerman wrote:
They missed several bits of facts, evidence, and something like this, which was "A town watcher who doesn't even obey his own organizations rules.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman was trained in a certain set of rules?

Do you have any evidence that he violated any of those rules?

farmerman wrote:
Noone explained to the jury in a fashion that was understandable, what the jury may deliberate wrt thedegree of the crime. Manslaughter was just plopped on the table with minimal instruction from the judge and with the counsels debating it with the jury excused.

Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman committed manslaughter?
oralloy

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:55 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
At the time the 911 dispatcher made the suggestion "we don't need you to do that" Zimmerman was following Trayvon. This was after Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Trayvon was running.

Yes. But that wasn't a request to stay in the car, and it happened well after he had exited the car.

revelette wrote:
So the excuse (there are so many) that Zimmerman had to keep tabs on Trayvon because the dispatcher asked where Trayvon was does not hold up.

When I said "for the police" I did not mean at the request of the police, but rather with the sole motive of being able to tell the police where Trayvon was.

revelette wrote:
Zimmerman said Ok, but it is not clear he actually quit following him

The shooting took place a good three minutes later, but it was still in the same area Zimmerman was in when they said they didn't need him to pursue.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 06:57 am
@oralloy,
farmerman wrote:
and my point was that the prosecution was further delinquent in providing a focused compelling case.

oralloy wrote:
The prosecution was hampered by the fact that there is no evidence
that Zimmerman committed any crime.
U bring out a very good and significant point, Oralloy.

David
OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:03 am

In this adventure, I have steadfastly supported and defended
the right of every citizen to self defense, including the blacks.

However, Zimmy 's enemies are so intensely, fanatically,
emotionally pro-black and anti-white that reason matters not at all to them,
as long as an anti-white result is achieved, avenging the attempted murderer, Travon,
upon his successful victim, Zimmy. (Then thay scream about racism.)

David
farmerman

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

that Zimmerman committed any crime
There was significant evidence that Id been able to extract from taking a non-position while listening to all on this thread.
The prosecution had a pile of evidence that's already been discussed. The fact was that the prosecution was sending out "beach balls" and missed several key areas of FACT and evidence.

Theres a significant difference between what is and whats been attempted to present.
farmerman

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

There was significant evidence that Id been able to extract from taking a non-position while listening to all on this thread.
The prosecution had a pile of evidence that's already been discussed. The fact was that the prosecution was sending out "beach balls" and missed several key areas of FACT and evidence was negligence.

Theres a significant difference between what is available and whats been actually attempted to present.

Quote:

Another fatuous statement/question. ITS the responsibility of the judge and the prosecution to make sure that the two deliberation outcomes were presented in an understandable fashion to the jury. This , apparently was not done.

If youre too lazy to seek out the facts and just want to make broad statements ID recommend you start another thread and call it "Mythos of Zimmerman as seen by David and me".

farmerman

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

The prosecution had a pile of evidence that's already been discussed. The fact was that the prosecution was sending out "beach balls" and missed several key areas of FACT and evidence was negligence.

Theres a significant difference between what is available and whats been actually attempted to present.

Quote:

Another fatuous statement/question. ITS the responsibility of the judge and the prosecution to make sure that the two deliberation outcomes were presented in an understandable fashion to the jury. This , apparently was not done.

If youre too lazy to seek out the facts and just want to make broad statements ID recommend you start another thread and call it "Mythos of Zimmerman as seen by David and me".

OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:43 am
@farmerman,
DAVID wrote:
farmerman wrote:
The prosecution had a pile of evidence that's already been discussed. The fact was that the prosecution was sending out "beach balls" and missed several key areas of FACT and evidence.

Theres a significant difference between what is and whats been attempted to present.
I hope that u will forgive my (repetitive) redundance
in pointing out that blacks kill each other every day of the week
without anyone getting excited about it (Sharpton is silent; Jesse Jackson is quiet).
Where Zimmy went a foul of them was in BEING WHITE while killing a black.
That is what annoyed Obama; otherwise, he never wud have commented.

The Republican governor never wud have sent in his handpicked
pit bull (pit cow??) if he had not feared race riots.

From b4 its inception, the whole trial was 1OO% racist anti-white.
Whataya think of that, Farmer ?

David
BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Sorry like the jury, I followed the case and saw zero and I mean zero evidence that Zimmerman was not assaulted by Trayvon and put at risk of death or great harm by the actions of Trayvon.

Second I saw no illegal deed by Zimmerman that would have taken away his right of self defense.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

However, Zimmy 's enemies are so intensely, fanatically,
emotionally pro-black and anti-white that reason matters not at all to them,

Your are so full of ****. Id plumbed the entire spectrum of opinion during the case and I am of the opinion that you and oralloy and Gunga are spoon fed your talking points from Krauthammer and Hannity. Everything you've all been saying had been pre digested for your uptake in various news shows on FOX.
revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 07:52 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Yes. But that wasn't a request to stay in the car, and it happened well after he had exited the car

Quote:
When I said "for the police" I did not mean at the request of the police, but rather with the sole motive of being able to tell the police where Trayvon was.

It doesn't matter if it happened after he exited the car (I really don't know that) the point is that the dispatcher knew Trayvon Martin was running when the dispatcher told Zimmerman that they didn't need him to follow Trayvon Martin. So Zimmerman didn't need to keep tabs on Trayvon Martin.

Quote:
The shooting took place a good three minutes later, but it was still in the same area Zimmerman was in when they said they didn't need him to pursue.

So what did Zimmerman do, just stand still for three minutes? I thought you guys claimed that Trayvon Martin hid in the bushes and jumped out at Zimmerman. So how did he do that if he was running away at the time of the 911 call from Zimmerman? One presumes that Trayvon would have been in front of Zimmerman running away, what did he do, circle back and get in front of Zimmerman and hide behind (non existing) bushes and jump out at Zimmerman three minutes after Zimmerman hung up from the call while Zimmerman just stood still or walked slowly to be still in the same place he called from? How would Trayvon Martin know that Zimmerman would stop following him and start walking back to his car? How would he know to circle back and get in front of Zimmerman to hide behind bushes?