Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:20 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,706 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
Agree with all your concerns above the final paragraph.

On the last, no, I don't believe a vote against President Bush is going to make much difference in the fight against terrorism. In fact, it is possible, though not guaranteed, that a different leader may be more effective, at least internationally.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 12:28 pm
James,
While I can agree with some of what you say,I must point out that Bush has NOT,to the best of my knowledge,called for a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage.What he did say is that it is a state issue.He also said that he would SUPPORT an amendment.That is not the same as calling for it.
As for the outing of ambassador Wilson's wife,if I remember correct it was announced that she was an analyst,not a field operative.There is a difference.
While it is wrong and illegal to announce names of field officers,IMHO I dont see a problem with announcing who the analysts are.
Besides,dont you have a problem with an Ambassadors wife being used that way? Wouldnt you call that a violation of some sort,using a diplomat that way?
As a conservative(notice I did NOT say republican)I do have some problems with some of what Bush has done,but I have seen nothing from the Kerry side of the aisle about how they would fix things.
Other then raising taxes,IMHO Kerry has offered no ideas.
0 Replies