Paula Dean Fired By Food Network Over Racial Slur

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:25 pm
@firefly,
I am not aware that Dean restaurants had a rep for discrimination...if they did but still did not make a valiant effort to find a few dark skins to put out front then they were stupid. even I have a token black out front, even though blacks make up only a tiny sliver of the local population, as a prophylactic.
BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I
Quote:
f you are so sure what you are doing is legal and right, why don't you tell us the name of your restaurant? Or, are you chicken little who brags about running a "good business" that are immoral and illegal?

So he should allowed people on this system to used the government as a weapon against him and his employees to prove a point?

Sorry any government investigation of anyone for any reason tend to be costly and time consuming and emotionally upsetting no matter if there is any wrong doing to be found or not.

Seen that happen to people I know over child abused charges that have zero foundation and was found to have zero foundation by CSS after a full investigation.

Those finding did not however reduce the harm done to the parents and more important to the children after being removed from their home for days.

The children still are having nightmares over being taken again from their parents.

Sorry I see little reasons for Hawkeye to place a government gun into fools like your hands that could result in a costly and pointless investigation.

But you are hot to find some way to harm anyone who would dare to disagree with you...........................and for being non PC.

Pointless and silly personals "verbal" attacks and insults are not enough for you as you dream of being able to use the government against the man.

firefly

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
even I have a token black out front, even though blacks make up only a tiny sliver of the local population, as a prophylactic.

Nice of you to have that "token black". That really helps to advance racial equality. Rolling Eyes

Your language says it all...
firefly

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:46 pm
@BillRM,
http://super-trainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/head-up-assx.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:55 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
even I have a token black out front, even though blacks make up only a tiny sliver of the local population, as a prophylactic.

Nice of you to have that "token black". That really helps to advance racial equality. Rolling Eyes

Your language says it all...

I am not crusading for racial justice, I am trying to build an empire that will make me lots of money.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 01:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
as businessmen we restaurateurs are always working between hiring those that we want to spend a lot of time with or help and hiring those who would be good for the business. at the end of the day though the goal is to make money, and any business person who sabotages that from personal feelings is an idiot. it happens all of the time though, very often by hiring
or refusing to fire people who are bad for the business due to an excess of caring about them. this is business, not a charity operation. it is not a political operation either.
firefly

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 01:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
None of what you're saying applies in the case of a business that displays evidence of "endemic and systemic" racial discrimination and racial disparity.'

When most choices of who gets hired for, or promoted to, certain positions, favors only one skin color, the employer's racial attitudes may be influencing the business decisions, rather than the qualifications or job performance of the applicants or employees.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 01:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
What do you mean "personal feelings?" There are good business practices, and there are also laws and regulations as it pertains to any business.

Racial discrimination and sexual harassment are illegal in every state.

BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 03:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Racial discrimination and sexual harassment are illegal in every state.

An just the charge that had not been proven is enough to drive you out of business it would seems.

Great tool for a little legal blackmail .................

Never could figure out if I am impressed with how brave Bill Grate was to picked and court his wife from inside his own company middle management ranks or how stupid he was to take that kind of a risk.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 03:06 pm
@BillRM,
Not when the defendant admitted to it.
BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 03:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Not when the defendant admitted to it.

The poor woman admitted to calling a hold up man that had held a gun to her head a bad word and all this punishment is going down on her for admitting to that deed. If she had not done so she still would had have her books deals and her cooking show and on and on.

It the n word that have companies fleeing not some suit in Federal court!!!!!

Hell Walmart for one had have such suits in their own firm history.
BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is the example of the companies that ran away from Deen and once more it had nothing to do with a civil right law suit it have everything to do with her admitting that thirty years ago she used the n word in relationship to an arm robber.

The rest is just what Jackals like you try to cover up the real reason IE the love of going after a southern white woman that had make good.

Quote:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/rightsandfreedoms/a/walmartsuit.htm

Wal-Mart Faces U.S.'s Largest Civil Rights Suit
Sex discrimination charged by 1.6 million female employees
By Robert Longley, About.com Guide
.Ads:Walmart EmploymentWalmart LawsuitMalpractice SuitCivil Rights AttorneyWalmart EmployeesAds
A U.S. district judge has certified a massive class action, ruling that six current and former Wal-Mart employees from California may represent all female employees of Wal-Mart who worked at its U.S. stores anytime since December 26, 1998. This nationwide sex discrimination class action lawsuit, Dukes v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the largest civil rights class action ever certified against a private employer, and damages could run over a billion dollars.
"We are one giant step closer to combating workplace discrimination," said NOW Action Vice President Olga Vives in a press release. "Wal-Mart will finally be held accountable for its treatment of women."

"Hundreds of women reported that Wal-Mart has created a hostile working environment, one which systematically discriminates against women in pay, training, and promotion," said Vives. "Women who face this problem should be encouraged to know that effective remedies exist and feel comfortable coming forward with their complaint."

U.S. District Judge Martin Jenkins described the case as "historic in nature, dwarfing other employment discrimination cases that came before it."

The suit, originally filed in 2001, charges that Wal-Mart discriminates against its female retail employees in pay and promotions. The class in this case includes more than 1.6 million current and former female employees of Wal-Mart retail stores in America, including Wal-Mart discount stores, super centers, neighborhood stores, and Sam's Clubs.

Reacting to this lawsuit and a decrease in stock value, Wal-Mart recently introduced workplace diversity initiatives, intended to prevent further gender bias and unfair treatment of workers.

"We will continue monitoring Wal-Mart to make sure that they do implement safeguards for women," said Vives. "Corporations must understand that a loaf of bread doesn't cost any less for a woman."
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 03:57 pm
@BillRM,
It's because you have no understanding of ethics and morality in business dealings.
farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
stopped by a Wally Mart today to buy up their toss out plnts (they torture their plant material and then I can get stuff like wave petunias for almost free)
ANYWAY, I was at the magazine wrack and they were selling off the PAula Deen books and mags. Her stuff was flying off the shelves.
Looking at all the muffin-top girls and ladies, they were loading up on PD books to cook
Chicken fried steak with hush puppies"
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
There's no law against eating stupid, and buying books! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
Thinking on that a bit. Do you really need a book to learn how to cook that stuff? Hope it also teachss them how to start up the stove, too.
farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
it had nothing to do with a civil right law suit it have everything to do with her admitting that thirty years ago she used the n word in relationship to an arm robber

Im glad that writing is a skill ,of which I am not the only one lacking, herein among these threads of wisdom.
Just like Nixon, the crime of Watergate was mostly the fact that he covered it all up as opposed to the breakin. Nixon could have survived his debale but chose to hide the whole thing by a pack of lies and a passle of deceipt. Come forward 40 years and weve seen the deposition and other civil rights abuses that PD's perped and we almost have a match , (except she was only a leader of an NGO "empire")

Verstehen Sie Wilhelm?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:36 pm
@Ragman,
LOL Step 1: light match Step 2: turn on gas Step 3: put oil in pan......
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:24 pm
@BillRM,
http://super-trainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/head-up-assx.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:25 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Do you really need a book to learn how to cook that stuff

Do you know how to make deep-fat fried butter? Laughing

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:50:46