Paula Dean Fired By Food Network Over Racial Slur

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 02:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Makes sense. Thanks for that clarification.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's one of hawk's weaknesses; he seems to use his own imagination rather the topic under discussion for his attacks.

educated guesses is what I offer, once we understand how humans act and how things work one can generally figure out what is happening. I look forward to my next opportunity to say " I told you so".
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
yeh, as beth said. Its a cost and fee statement only, not about any possible awards.
Fees and costs can often be forced on the oser
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 05:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I look forward to my next opportunity to say " I told you so".

anyone can do that. However,You must be certain about what you are speaking. This time you spoke too quickly and missed the concept.
Glad we could straighten you out.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 06:01 pm
@farmerman,
not enough evidence is out to either support or not support what I believe happened here, when it does come out I expect to be proven largely correct.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 07:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just a word of caution, hawk. The reliability of your "beliefs" have not been too good. Mr. Green 2 Cents Neutral
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
one the contrary, I was proven correct about the fragility of the global economic system, about the police state, conventional wisdom is comming around to my argument that the justice system is wrecked....next up will be my arguement that men are now discriminated against, that whites are discriminated against, and that the glue that holds this society together is now so weak that it almost can not help to fail.

all extremely radical views when I first proposed them, but time tends to prove me right because I unlike most got educated, which in large part is accomplished by avoiding the university, which largly has becone a propaganda program run by power...which intends to keep power. and yes, my view that the univetsity is bankrupt is yet another thing that I will be proven right about. Wink
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 09:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
next up will be my arguement that men are now discriminated against, that whites are discriminated against, and that the glue that holds this society together is now so weak that it almost can not help to fail.

It is not so must that any one group is discriminated against as the power elite are playing games with all of us and keeping all of us from examining the root causes of the problems and that a few hundreds to at the most a few thousands people are controlling the wealth and most of the true political power in the nation.

We have the best congress money can buy and the rest of the government is no better.

Now it is coming out that they are tearing up the constitution in secret on top of it.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 09:49 pm
@BillRM,
sure, Clintons racial politics, destructive and cynical but effective when the population has been properly schooled on fear. but whites are always assumed to be privileged which according to the code of civility means that we should always give way to others claims of victimhood. a couple of decades out of date with reality but what can I say, we americans are slow.
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
but whites are always assumed to be privileged

If it serve the purpose of the race baiters, as we had just seen, anyone can be declare white or if the skin tone is so dark that can not be done an Uncle Tom.

But this is still a game that the power elite is playing on all of us male, female white brown black or whatever.

If you can get the black community focus on a fantasy of white arm racists going around shooting black children,for example, then they are far less likely to demand real reforms that have a chance of ending the fact the leading cause of deaths of black young men is not accidents but other black young men and in the state of Florida one in three black men have felony convictions.

If you can get what remain of the middle class focus on welfare queens you can help prevent them seeing billionaires ripping off the public purse for thousands of times more money.
firefly

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:31 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
If it serve the purpose of the race baiters, as we had just seen, anyone can be declare white...

But you Aryan purists won't let them get away with that...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:35 pm
@BillRM,
most of what goes on in Washington is diversion so that the loot can be taken.....the rich dont get richer as everyone else gets poorer on accident, power makes plans and successfully impliments plans because americans are largly ignorant about what power looks like and how power works.
firefly

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
No doubt about it, it's better to be rich and powerful.

I'm sure Paula Deen would agree with that.

You do remember Paula Deen, don't you? The topic of this thread...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:18 pm
@firefly,
this being the same Paula Dean who sacrificed wealth for principle when she decided to not give in to extortion? Ya, I remember her. I am sure that her victory tour will be a hoot as well as financially rewarding. If she is as savvy as I think she is she will turn Limons into limonaid by playing up that she is no longer a slut for the corporations.
firefly

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
this being the same Paula Dean who sacrificed wealth for principle when she decided to not give in to extortion?

No, she's the one who sacrificed wealth for principle by defending her use of the N-word.

And the same one who sacrificed principle for wealth by concealing her own diabetes while continuing to promote high sugar, high fat foods.
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/21/paula-dean/21-post-paula-dean-8.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:42 pm
@firefly,
she said nigger 20 years ago to her brother in her bathroom, never has been heard to say it in public, and for this "crime" you think she should be stripped of her wealth? Really?

the diabetes thing I agree with you on to the point it was scummy, but not to the point that her wealt previously earned should be taken from her.
firefly

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who took wealth she had already earned away from her?

Business associates and contractors decided to discontinue their relationship with her, that's quite different.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 12:01 am
@firefly,
on the shoot first and ask questions later plan, which is not in keeping with what we commonly advertise as our values...but how much has she had to spend for legal and PR to defend herself against this extortion attempt , as apposed to the Paculis extortion attempt against dean which thankfully resulted in a criminal charge?
firefly

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 09:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Had she maintained better, and more appropriate, conditions in her restaurant workplace, this lawsuit would not have come about.

The filing of this lawsuit was hardly an extortion attempt, it was a valid legal action by a former employee who felt she had been subjected to a rather noxious work environment, on a daily basis, and one which was in violation of laws, and one which Deen failed to address.

And the damage to Paula Deen was the result of the things she and her brother actually said during their sworn depositions for this suit, and her subsequent poor handling of the resultant negative publicity.

As an alleged small business owner, you, just like Deen, are responsible for the workplace conditions your employees are subjected to. Blatant sexism and sexual harassment are neither acceptable nor tolerable in a workplace, and the employer is obligated and responsible for correcting and stopping such practices when they occur. Deen failed to do that.

This case was settled, by mutual agreement, because Deen could not risk letting this matter go to trial. She gave the plaintiff in this suit whatever was needed in order to end it now, and that likely included an amount of money that will remain undisclosed, as will other details of the settlement.

Deen is the victim of nothing except her own shoddy business practices--which included letting her brother's abominable workplace behavior go unchecked--and her own statements. And she just paid the price for not being a better employer and business owner.

How Deen's business associates and contractors reacted to these revelations about her was entirely up to them. That most of them decided to cut her loose, was a decision they were entitled to make.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 09:51 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
but whites are always assumed to be privileged

you don't think it's still better to be white than anything else in America?

cuz it is

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:42:34