For sh*ts and giggles...

Heywood

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:37 pm
I thought a few of ya would get a kick out of THIS

Those guys are hilarious. Feel free to toss in a few of your "onion" favorites if you have 'em.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,300 • Replies: 11
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:44 pm
Don't those people get into any trouble?

Quote:
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:54 pm
Maybe this should have been posted in the jokes section. :wink:
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:18 pm
The pressure has been a little high as of late here... I figured this'd show how absurd the whole situation is Razz
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:23 pm
Can't figure out how to get to the story, but "IBM Liberates 3000 Wage Slaves" killed me before I even read the story. (Note: figure in headline is product of faulty memory.)
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 04:37 pm
LOL!!!

The Onion has always been da' bomb! Their characterization of Bush lecturing the nation's 8.2 million unemployed is flawless.

Especially coming from a man who didn't hold his first job until he was 40 years of age.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 04:40 pm
The Onion is priceless . . .

No Husker, they don't get into trouble, because it is satire, which has traditionally been viewed as a form of free speech which is self-evidently ridiculous, and therefore not subject to tests for truthfulness . . .
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 04:43 pm
"Don't those people get into any trouble?" husker

With whom would they get in trouble with, husker? Satire is protected under the First Amendment -- at least until John Ashcoft recovers from his surgery. :wink:
[/color]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 04:45 pm
Setanta wrote:
The Onion is priceless . . .

No Husker, they don't get into trouble, because it is satire, which has traditionally been viewed as a form of free speech which is self-evidently ridiculous, and therefore not subject to tests for truthfulness . . .

Self-evidently ridiculous to those who get the joke. Give Bush another term, that'll be censored too, seeing as none of them realize they are self-evidently ridiculous.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 05:12 pm
Do they rip on Jewish folks much?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 05:21 pm
Of course not husker, Jews control all the media, including satire, and they're all out to get you god-fearin' Christians. Rolling Eyes Seriously husker, was that question really necessary?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 05:34 pm
Well, they don't exclusively run smack on Bush and the Republicans, though they are such a target-rich environment that they can't help themselves.

Here is my absolute favorite:

Quote:
'98 Homosexual Recruitment Drive Nearing its Goal

Spokespersons for the National Gay & Lesbian Recruitment Task Force announced Monday that more than 288,000 straights have been converted to homosexuality since Jan. 1, 1998, putting the group well on pace to reach its goal of 350,000 conversions by the end of the year.

"Thanks to the tireless efforts of our missionaries nationwide, in the first seven months of 1998, nearly 300,000 heterosexuals were ensnared in the Pink Triangle," said NGLRTF co-director Patricia Emmonds. "Clearly, the activist homosexual lobby is winning."

Emmonds credited much of the recruiting success to the gay lobby's infiltration of America's public schools, where programs promoting the homosexual lifestyle are regularly presented to children as young as 5.

"It's crucial that we reach these kids while they're still young," Emmonds said. "That's when they're most vulnerable to our message of sexual promiscuity and deviance."

"When I grow up, I want to be gay," said Christopher Linn, 8, a second-grader at Philadelphia's Lakeside Elementary School, one of thousands of public schools nationwide that actively promote the homosexual agenda. "I don't want to have a family or go to church."

"Straight people don't have any fun," said Teddy Nance, 11, after watching Breeders Are Boring!, an anti-heterosexual filmstrip, in his fifth-grade class at Crestwood Elementary School in Roanoke, VA. "Gay people get to do whatever they want."
0 Replies