• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 590 • Replies: 4
No top replies

doglover

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 06:31 pm
Re: 9/11 FAMILIES: BONDS OF STEEL
Titus wrote:
Keeping faith: The families of 9/11 victims are a mighty force. Ask the White House, the commission—or anyone else in their way

For many families of the dead, Clarke's 9/11 Commission apology for failing them was important not only for what he said, but where he said it.

A little more than a year ago, King George the Liar had seemingly shut down any possibility of an independent investigation of the tragedy. The families were told there would be no commission. No hearings. The King was off-limits.

When leaders fail, leaders should have the balls to step up and accept responsibility for their failure.

Bush had all of the tools that Clinton had, if not more...because he had a Republican House as well...and he couldn't stop the attack.

War is not an apology. An apology is an apology. Clarke had the guts to face those people and say I'm sorry. That takes courage. Sending some faceless troop off to war to get even for your daddy...that's not courage. Any president can do that. It takes a man to stand up and say "I'm sorry".
0 Replies

Stepfro

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:57 pm
"Bush had all of the tools that Clinton had, if not more...because he had a Republican House as well...and he couldn't stop the attack. " ~doglover

Couldn't, or wouldn't?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:05 pm
Stepfro wrote:
"Bush had all of the tools that Clinton had, if not more...because he had a Republican House as well...and he couldn't stop the attack. " ~doglover

Couldn't, or wouldn't?

I think it's too early to positively determine if Bush 'couldn't' or 'wouldn't' stop the attack. I want to hear more testimony by key players in the Clinton and Bush administrations before the 9/11 commission before I come to a definitive conclusion.

Although, I do have my opinions.
:wink:
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 10:32 pm
doglover:

Bush say "I'm sorry" to the families of the 9/11 victims?

Never -- won't happen in our lifetime. Sociopaths don't see their behavior as requiring an apology.
0 Replies