Talk Radio Turns Left

PDiddie

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:03 am
Participation: All 'Liberals'
Format: Freestyle

Quote:
"Over the past 30 years the American people have been conned into thinking 'liberal' is a dirty word," the Saturday Night Live alum says. "Because of liberal reforms, we enjoy things like desegregation, child labor laws, environmental protection, seat belts and birth control. These are liberal reforms that we as a contemporary culture brag about, take for granted and enjoy, so how is it that liberalism is a dirty word?"

Starting Wednesday, Garofalo will get three hours each weeknight to kick around this and other issues when her new show, The Majority Report, airs on a new liberal-themed talk radio network, Air America. The network will initially launch on AM stations in New York (WLIB 1190), Chicago (WNTD 950), Los Angeles (KBLA 1580) and San Francisco (to be announced), and on the Web at www.airamericaradio.com.

USA Today

I'll have to tune in to the Webcast. Who else will be listening?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,320 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 01:04 pm
I'll try. I love Ms. G--seriously. But I think she's smart and funny, too...
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:07 pm
I loved her in "Truth About Cats And Dogs"!

I hope this takes off, but I feel it may have more success on-line than over the air.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 10:10 pm
I hope it is wildly successful. Isn't Al Franken supposed to be one of the guests or one of the hosts? Doesn't really matter, it's about time that liberals have a voice on radio, even if it is only for three hours once a week.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:18 am
bookmark
0 Replies