How can s.o. disappear completely and go underground without being found these days?

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 01:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Lots and lots of Americans have been saying, "Keep us safe...or as safe as you can...no matter what you have to do."

Lots and lots of Americans have been saying, "If I have to give up some of my privacy in order for you to better keep us as safe as possible...I give it up."

That's how, Beth!

With this one post, Frank, you have confirmed what many of us already knew. You are nothing more than an apologist for war criminals and terrorists. You've mouthed the standard bleatings -"the US has made some mistakes" - but this makes your position crystal clear.

And what makes your stance even more despicable, you have traded on the lives of millions, all the while advancing lies you know to be lies.

Mr Snowden may well have opened a box that can't be closed. Wouldn't that be nice? We can only hope, right, Frank? Finally, some measure of justice for the millions slaughtered. You are interested in justice, are you not?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
That is about as jaundiced a view of America's system of justice as I've heard. People go on trial...and a jury of peers makes a decision.

You obviously haven't heard about the Cuban Five, Frank, or Guantanamo, or all the illegal renditions.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
You didn`t answer Beth, Frank, you sidestepped the central issue.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 06:35 pm
He is likely dead.
0 Replies

ehcross

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 10:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Snowden was looking for notoriety, and perhaps avid for U.S. defense secrets to divulge. In the process, he caused harm to the United States by revealing classified information despite his oath of loyalty to his motherland. The law should take care of punishing him for his actions. That would involve some diplomatic complications, with none other than Snowden´s host Vladimir Putin, whose inflated ego will dictate the outcome.

Ignoring the issue would send a strong and significative signal to the American people, to the international community, and to Snowden´s pals at the NSA that the treason route is open for business.

The option of pressuring Putin for the release of Snowden to the United States is there for Obama to undertake, though no one would expect Putin to ever agree to that course. Other countries would probably stay away. I think the United States should use any leverage at his disposal to persuade the Russian president to agree to Snowden´s release. However, Putin´s ego is way too inflated to agree to that.
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 10:34 am
@ehcross,
Quote:
Snowden was looking for notoriety, and perhaps avid for U.S. defense secrets to divulge.

People say the dumbest things, don't they, ehcross?

Quote:
In the process, he caused harm to the United States by revealing classified information despite his oath of loyalty to his motherland.

Now that's just plain nuts! How is it possible for one to cause harm to their country by exposing war criminals, felons and terrorists?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am pointing out that your argument cares nothing for what is right or for the greater good....you are acting like yet another of the legion of assholes who want what they want right now and they care nothing about the cost of getting it. anothet 9/11 is small potatoes compared to other possible calamities that might befall us, which we might remember as the government takes all of these actions ostensibly to prevent another 9/11.

Not sure why you think I am not concerned with the greater good, Hawk. I am a proponent of a progressive agenda...which is a concern for the greater good.

Why would a conservative like you bring that up?????
0 Replies