The Trial that JUST WON'T END

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:47 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
How would Guede have continued to break into places and steal the computers of Mignini's enemies if he was locked up in jail?

And how could Amanda Knox have been arrested in Italy if she hadn't been allowed to study abroad?
OMG.. it's the fault of the US State Dept.

I'm not sure I see the similarity between "letting students study abroad" and "ignoring a criminal's escalating crimes and setting him free".
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What about appropriate male behaviour? Do you honestly think a man would have been treated differently had he behaved like that?

I'd like to note that Amanda did not behave inappropriately in any way.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Perception is a strange thing. Most of us would not admit to any gender biases, but our perception of appropriate and inappropriate behavior is affected by the gender of the person that we are observing.
oralloy

Fri 14 Jun, 2013 10:09 pm

A new article by Mr. Fischer is out.

Apologies for not conveying all the formatting accurately, but it's the text that counts anyway.

Quote:
Andrea Vogt: The Patsy Reporter Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini Uses To Attack Amanda Knox

by Bruce Fischer June 12, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/baRpKZb.jpgAndrea Vogt

In 2011, I wrote an article entitled “Amanda Knox and the Architects of the Foxy Knoxy Myth,” that discussed a trio of yellow journalists: Nick Pisa, Barbie Nadeau and Andrea Vogt. All three helped fuel a hate campaign against Amanda Knox by working as mouthpieces for Giuliano Mignini, the rogue prosecutor that secured the wrongful convictions of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in 2009.

Knox and Sollecito were acquitted on appeal in October of 2011. In March of this year, the Italian Supreme Court overturned the acquittals, sending the case back to the appellate level to review currently unknown aspects of the case. Knox and Sollecito remain free as the process continues.

Nick Pisa and Barbie Nadeau have since toned down their efforts to vilify Knox, leaving Andrea Vogt to pick up the slack. Vogt seems to cherish the role, stepping up her efforts to smear Knox in a recent series of hit-pieces that include details leaving little doubt that she is being fed misinformation directly from Giuliano Mignini.

In fact it appears that Vogt has now become Mignini’s designated blogger. When not attacking Knox, Vogt has been hard at work, doing her best to polish Mignini’s tarnished reputation. She recently blogged that Mignini was winning a number of important victories in the Monster of Florence case. The case is unrelated to the Knox case but is often highlighted by Knox’s supporters to show Mignini’s history of misconduct. Vogt attempted to give the impression that Mignini would soon be vindicated when she recently blogged: “There was a major development in that case earlier this week, when a separate section of the Cassation court ruled that the decades-old Narducci case, which Mignini had been ridiculed for pursuing, be sensationally re-opened.”

The Monster of Florence case involves a series of murders that occurred in Italy during the 1970s and 80s. Couples who were parked in remote areas presumably to have sex, were shot and the bodies of the female victims were mutilated. Crime experts believed that the perpetrator was a Jack the Ripper type killer. Mignini got involved in the Monster of Florence case while investigating the death of Dr. Francesco Narducci, whose body was found in a lake near Perugia.

Narducci’s death appeared to be a suicide. There was no evidence to suggest that Narducci’s death had any relation at all to the Monster of Florence murders. Oddly, in 2001, based on nothing other than his imagination, Mignini proclaimed that Narducci's death was an integral part of the Monster of Florence mystery.

http://i.imgur.com/Mn4KVwF.jpgGiuliano Mignini

Mignini theorized that Narducci was part of an underground satanic cult that harvested female body parts for its rituals. Mignini suggested that Narducci somehow became a security risk to the cult, so the members decided to kill him and throw him in a lake to make it look like an accident or suicide.

Mignini then suggested that the cult secretly swapped Narducci’s body with the body of someone who had drowned, so the coroner would report death by drowning. Mignini ordered that the body be exhumed to prove his theory. When the coffin was opened to reveal the body of Narducci, Mignini made another wild claim suggesting the body must have been swapped again by the cult.

Mignini created an elaborate conspiracy involving 20 people who made up a secret society responsible for the Monster of Florence murders. Mignini’s double body swapping satanic cult ritualistic murder fantasy led to the indictment the 20 people, which included government officials and law enforcement officers, all charged with the concealment of Narducci's murder.

The case against the 20 defendants was thrown out of court because there was absolutely no evidence to support Mignini’s preposterous claims. Mignini’s fantasy threatened to destroy the lives of 20 innocent people. Thankfully his behavior did not go unnoticed, leading to charges against him for conducting illegal investigations while working on the case.

The outcome of the Narducci case was a major blow to Mignini’s reputation so it is not shocking that he would try to repair the damage by leaking false information to a willing patsy like Andrea Vogt in an attempt to save face. Vogt’s claim that the Narducci case has been “sensationally re-opened” is just as ridiculous as Mignini’s body swap story. The truth is the Italian Supreme Court closed the Narducci case forever. The court only ordered a retrial for calunnia (defamation) for one lawyer involved in the case.

This lawyer was at the core of the Narducci case providing counsel for the Narducci family. Mignini decided to dream up charges on him based on the fact that he was an amateur scuba diver. Mignini made yet another wild claim, suggesting the lawyer hid the body of Narducci on the bottom of the lake, and that was why he was representing the family as a lawyer, because he was involved in the case.

Mignini then charged the attorney with calunnia (defamation) for defending himself in court by claiming that Mignini made up the entire story. These charges would have been left to expire on their own but the lawyer wanted his name officially cleared. He did not want the charges to expire unanswered.

So the only lawsuit that is still pending in the Narducci case pertains to an attorney facing trial (by his own request) for calling Mignini a liar, that’s it. Yet Vogt, being a loyal cheerleader for Mignini, has repeatedly written that the Narducci case has been re-opened, suggesting that Mignini is somehow being vindicated.

In another blog post, Vogt goes to bat for Mignini again, reporting that he filed a lawsuit against the Italian magazine Oggi for simply reporting on Knox’s book "Waiting to Be Heard." Vogt’s blogpost proves that she is recieving information directly from the prosecutor. She was the only journalist to have a copy of the lawsuit before it was available anywhere else, leaving Mignini as the only realistic source.

Vogt disputes Oggi's allegations against Mignini in this blog excerpt: “contested are phrases reported by Oggi and attributed to Knox’s memoir claiming he (Mignini) had a bizarre past that included a conviction on abuse of office charges that was pending appeal, when in fact he was fully and definitively acquitted of those charges in 2011 by a Florence court.”

Vogt’s claims are absolutely false. Giuliano Mignini, was convicted in a Florence court for conducting illegal investigations in connection with the Narducci case. The court convicted Mignini for the following:

1.) Illegally investigating journalists who had criticized him with the "intent to harass or deter them from pursuing their legitimate profession." Specifically the court found that Mignini had targeted Italian Journalists Vincenzo Tessandori, Gennaro De Stefano, and Roberto Fiasconaro, because they had criticized his investigations into the death of Narducci.

2.) Ordering an illegal investigation of the Florentine ex police chief Giuseppe De Donno.

3.) Ordering illegal investigations of two officials of the Viminale, the Ministry of the Interior in Rome, including an illegal investigation of the Roberto Sgalla, ex-director of the office of external affairs.

These investigations were illegal because they involved illegal wiretaps (wiretaps without judicial approval) and Mignini illegally created investigative files for the targets outside of normal judicial procedures and approvals. These were illegal freelance investigations, the court determined, designed to "harass and intimidate" people who had criticized him for his conduct in the Narducci investigation.

The Florence court later canceled Mignini’s conviction, due to the fact that one of the people Mignini was convicted of abusing was a prosecutor from Florence, so it was ruled that the case should not have been tried there. The Florence court then sent the case to the prosecution office in Turin for retrial. Unfortunately the decision to move the trial venue caused the next available hearing date to fall after the expiration date of the charges, so the case will most likely be dropped. At that point, the case can be started all over again, should the Turin prosecution decide to do so. Turin will likely pursue the case against Mignini, but like many cases in Italy, reaching a final decision will take years. There is a possibility that Mignini might end up getting off on a technicality but the case was certainly not closed forever as Vogt wrongly reports.

It is not clear why Vogt has decided to carry water for Giuliano Mignini. We do know that she wasted no time choosing sides in this case. Her biased reporting dates back to 2008, when she developed an intimate relationship with anti-Knox bloggers, interviewing them as objective sources without disclosing that they had been blogging under fake names about their belief in Knox’s guilt long before she ever even had a trial. These bloggers gather on an Amanda Knox hate forum called Perugia Murder File (PMF), a website owned and operated by Seattle resident Peggy Ganong. You can read more about the anti-Knox bloggers here.

Vogt’s propensity for quoting anti-Knox bloggers as legitimate sources had not been confined to isolated incidents. Rather, she has kept up this pattern consistently for years. Very early in the case, Vogt quoted a “molecular biologist” named “Laura Wray,” under the guise the she was an objective source, when in fact she had been blogging on Amanda Knox hate sites as early as 2008. It was also later discovered that Wray had lied about her credentials.

Wray was not the first anti-Knox blogger Vogt would quote as an objective source. In January of 2009, before Knox had even been tried for murder, Vogt wrote an article for the Italian publication Panorama entitled “Meredith’s Murder Divides Seattle.” In the article she quoted a man named Randy Jackson, who is now a moderator of PMF. Vogt quoted Jackson as if he was an objective source without revealing that he had been blogging about his belief in Knox’s guilt for some time. That same article quoted a woman named Kris Arneson who had also been blogging on Amanda Knox hate sites quite frequently. Again, this fact was not revealed. One would assume an objective journalist would give some sort of disclosure in all these instances, but Andrea Vogt never did any such thing. The fact that Vogt often links to Ganong’s anti-Knox hate site as a credible source has raised serious questions about her honesty and closeness to that group.

http://i.imgur.com/xcsOu9j.jpg

In recent months Vogt’s writing has gone to new heights in an attempt to vilify Amanda Knox. Vogt no longer makes any effort at all to present herself as an objective journalist. In the same blog post discussing Mignini’s lawsuit against Oggi, Vogt includes an add on post entitled: “fact-check - Waiting to Be Heard,” where she makes a very weak attempt to show discrepancies between Knox’s book and letters Knox wrote to her attorneys in 2007. Vogt should be embarrassed that she did not scrap the fact-check idea when her comparisons provided nothing of value. Here is an excerpt from Vogt’s blog:

I’m also posting two letters from my case files that Amanda Knox wrote to her lawyers from jail because they reveal some noteworthy discrepancies with her memoir.

A few obvious examples: In the letter 1, Knox says she looked through the keyhole of Meredith’s locked door and could see her bed, with Meredith’s purse on it. In Chapter 6 of her memoir she said she tried to look through the keyhole, but saw nothing.

In the letter she describes the “bathmat shuffle” in which she scooted on the bathmat with the bloody footprint into her room, then brought it back. This is not referenced in the memoir.

In the letter, she says she and Raffaele were in the kitchen when Meredith’s door was broken down, but her description in chapter six of memoir makes no reference to being in the kitchen.

She tells her lawyers the police “gave me time” to write a statement, while in chapter 11 of her memoir she says the police officer said “you’d better write fast.”

When looking at Vogt’s “discrepancies” above, it is clear that most pertain to details not included in Amanda’s book rather than contradictory statements. Vogt is misleading her readers with her terminology. None of Vogt’s examples show any conflicts in Amanda’s writing. This is glaringly obvious in Vogt’s first example. When Knox discusses looking through the keyhole in her book, she was making the point that she did not see Meredith. The other items were of no importance so it is no surprise to see these details omitted from the book.

Vogt should be well aware of the fact that Knox’s book was edited by her publisher. I have been told that her rough draft was far too long (which is not out of the ordinary) and needed to be condensed. Including every possible detail of every hour of everyday is simply not possible, but I suppose Vogt would like to blame Knox for the edits of her publisher anyway.

Vogt’s only attempt to show a discrepancy fails miserably when she tries to make an issue of Knox stating the police “gave me time” in comparison to her book where she stated the police officer said “you’d better write fast.” Knox gives more detailed descriptions in her book than she did in her letters to her attorneys. Vogt’s attempts to nit-pick every word looking for minor detail changes looks desperate on her part.

http://i.imgur.com/02Amkkl.jpg

In her latest article entitled “Dismal sales of Perugia memoir leave Amanda Knox in a fix,” Vogt appears to be giddy that Knox's book “Waiting to Be Heard” has not sold 750,000 copies. While it is true that HarperCollins bid very high for the rights to Knox’s memoir (leading them to set the bar too high for a book of this nature), that is no fault of the author. The first run of “Waiting to Be Heard” will most likely top off around 100,000 copies including hardcopy and e-book. Vogt knows full well that these figures are far from dismal. Vogt would be hard pressed to find a first time author that was disappointed to hit number one on the NY Times best seller list with the sales volume Knox has achieved. The paperback edition will bring additional sales as well.

Sadly Vogt’s desperate attempt to label Knox a failure has caused her to miss the mark completely. The truth is Knox does not view her book as a reason to celebrate and did not write the book to win awards or to get her name on the top of a best sellers list. Knox has suffered greatly and has every right to tell her side of the story. The book has been her chance to set the record straight in her own words.

Vogt is being dishonest to her readers by presenting herself as an objective journalist while reporting on the Amanda Knox case. Journalists must be held at a higher standard. We must not allow journalists like Andrea Vogt to write whatever they like without consequence. We need integrity from those who claim to be journalists.

I encourage anyone that agrees with me to contact Andrea Vogt and let her know how you feel. http://thefreelancedesk.com/?page_id=15

Update (June 13, 2013)

Peggy Ganong, the owner and operator of the anti-Knox hate site Perugia Murder File, has accused me of slander and libel for the content of this article, and also for an article I recently wrote entitled: "NY Times Amanda Knox Headline "Against Amanda" Suits Blogger Peggy Ganong Well."

Peggy Ganong acknowledges on her blog that she is friends with Andrea Vogt. As a journalist, Vogt should have looked for reliable sources instead of allowing herself to be fed false information from her friend's anti-Knox hate site. Here is an excerpt from Ganong's website yesterday:

"I don't think there is any reason to even link to it. Bruce Fischer has so few readers but I don't feel like adding a single one to his double-digit list of faithful followers. Just more slander and libel. Not that Ground Report has any credibility anyway, but it clearly has no journalistic standards if it publishes this kind of crap (and the kind of crap BF published a couple of weeks ago about me)."

I personally challenge Ganong (or anyone for that matter) to prove anything I have written to be false. Ganong's group has attacked innocent people for far too long and it needs to stop. If Ganong has any integrity at all, she will support her accusations with proof or remove her comments from public view.
izzythepush

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 02:30 am
@wandeljw,
I wonder if you'd be quite as forgiving if it was an American girl lying on the slab and a British girl accused of her murder.
wandeljw

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 05:04 am
@izzythepush,
There is nothing to forgive. Your question is irrelevant.
izzythepush

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 06:36 am
@wandeljw,
You've decided she is not guilty, and put her bizarre and insensitive behaviour down to the way society views women differently from men. Do you think you would have come to the same conclusion had the roles been reversed?

Certain Americans only seem to be concerned about Knox, and don't seem to think that a British girl is dead as at all important. This is strongly evidenced by the way Oralboy has constantly tried to blacken Meredith's name, and insulted the Kerchers in the lowest terms possible.

It appears that certain Americans only value American lives, and view British lives as unimportant.
wandeljw

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 07:31 am
@izzythepush,
I do not know any Americans who value American lives more than British lives. As I have said many times, when I first heard this story in 2008, I assumed Knox was guilty. Later I learned things that did not fit. Knox had been in Italy for only two months. Her knowledge of Italian came from a few classes at a college in the U.S. She was still a college undergraduate and only 20 years old. She had only known Sollecito for two weeks -- hardly enough familiarity with someone to start trying kinky sex. The prosecutor was known for abusing the powers of his office. He was indicted because of allegations of abuse in another murder case. His scenario involving Knox and Sollecito engaging in satanic sex games attracted media attention. Press outside of Italy initially relied on reporting from Italian journalists. Italy ranks low in press freedom. The only source of information for Italian reporters is the office of the prosecutor. They are bullied if they publish anything that the prosecutor does not like.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I wonder if you'd be quite as forgiving if it was an American girl lying on the slab and a British girl accused of her murder.

Might depend on whether or not the evidence indicated guilt or innocence.

I'm not a monster like you. The thought of harming innocent people horrifies me.
oralloy

Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You've decided she is not guilty,

The evidence has been clear from the beginning that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent.

izzythepush wrote:
and put her bizarre and insensitive behaviour down to the way society views women differently from men.

No such bizarre and insensitive behavior.

I don't know what is worse:

a) that you think it's OK for a woman to be victimized if you deem her behavior to be "asking for it", or

b) that you falsely accuse women of fictitious behavior in order to then deem them to have been "asking for it"

I don't think it is fair to society to characterize your monstrous views as part of society. Your monstrous views are your own.

izzythepush wrote:
Certain Americans only seem to be concerned about Knox,

The only people who fixate solely on Amanda are monsters who get pleasure from the notion of sending innocent people to prison.

When is the last time you mentioned Raffaele? Or Guede for that matter?

You know that Guede's sentence being slashed from LIFE to 30 years to 16 years was a direct result of the false charges against Amanda and Raffaele?

The Kerchers may not be the first family to have a family member be brutally raped and murdered, but they might just be the first family to then help the perpetrator get a light sentence. Their efforts to get corrupt Italian judges to block scrutiny of fraudulent "evidence" helped get Amanda and Raffaele convicted in the first instance, and that conviction was the direct cause of Guede's sentence being reduced from 30 to 16 years.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Certain Americans only seem to be concerned about Knox, and don't seem to think that a British girl is dead as at all important. This is strongly evidenced by the way Oralboy has constantly tried to blacken Meredith's name, and insulted the Kerchers in the lowest terms possible.

Izzy, this simply is not true. Americans I know think Amanda Knox to be guilty. The fact she made out with a stranger enroute to Italy tells us a lot about this female. The reality Meredith told her mother Amanda Knox brought home strangers for sex each night enlightens us more. That Knox left a vibrator exposed in the bathroom. The reality when it was thought she had the AIDS disease she was requested to list the number of men she had been with reveals someone akin to a nymphomaniac. As soon as the female was freed she left for Seattle and immediately started living with a lover. What manner of creature is this female?

On the most recent interview with Chris Cumo, anchor, Knox revealed she was "sexually active."

Amanda Knox goes against the grain of every moral fibre of upbringing I've been taught as a young girl growing into a fully grown woman. One doesn't have sex indiscriminately for fear of Sexually transmitted diseases, ESPECIALLY WITH A TOTAL STRANGER!!!!

PLEASE, do not compare the average American with Oralloy. Americans have their faults but god forbid we should stoop to the level of denigrating the parents of the victim, slandering them, lying on the victim, because they [the parents] want justice for their murdered daughter.....No sane American resorts to this level of animal cruelty.
parados

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:07 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Being sexually promiscuous doesn't make her a murderer.
Moment-in-Time

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:18 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Of course it does not. However, it was suggested by the prosecutor that this was a kinky sex crime. Sexually promiscuous is just one aspect of Knox's personality in my view. She comes across as an individual with a personality disorder manifesting itself in an extreme antisocial attitude with a lack of conscience. She has only exhibited remorse when she was sentenced and total nonchalance at her roommate's murder. Amanda Knox seemed lacking in concern and devoid of human feelings.
oralloy

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 04:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Izzy, this simply is not true. Americans I know think Amanda Knox to be guilty.

Nonsense. The evidence has been clear from the beginning that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The fact she made out with a stranger enroute to Italy tells us a lot about this female.

It says she's young and behaves as young people do.

And that you think "she was asking for it" can ever justify a horrific crime against a woman, says a lot about you.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The reality Meredith told her mother Amanda Knox brought home strangers for sex each night enlightens us more.

That's not reality. That's a lie you concocted because you're a monster who likes to perpetrate atrocities against innocent people.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Knox left a vibrator exposed in the bathroom.

Another lie.

But even if your lie was actually true, so what?

I remember living in an apartment in college where there was a condom, blown up and tied off like a balloon, sitting in the dish drainer by the kitchen sink. I don't think it was ever in the way because I don't recall anyone ever washing dishes.

I was never curious enough to ask what in the world it was doing there, and for all I know it is still there, still sitting in that same dish drainer.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The reality when it was thought she had the AIDS disease she was requested to list the number of men she had been with reveals someone akin to a nymphomaniac.

And another lie.

(This lie is worse, because it also glosses over the way the Italians maliciously told her that she was dying of AIDS.)

Moment-in-Time wrote:
As soon as the female was freed she left for Seattle and immediately started living with a lover.

And yet another lie. Though she does hang out frequently with an old boyfriend.

How is this any of your business, BTW?

Moment-in-Time wrote:
What manner of creature is this female?

She is a decent human being, which is something that you should maybe consider becoming.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
On the most recent interview with Chris Cumo, anchor, Knox revealed she was "sexually active."

Good for her. But that's her business and not yours.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Amanda Knox goes against the grain of every moral fibre of upbringing I've been taught as a young girl growing into a fully grown woman.

No kidding. Amanda is a decent human being, while you're a monster who tries to harm innocent people.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
One doesn't have sex indiscriminately for fear of Sexually transmitted diseases, ESPECIALLY WITH A TOTAL STRANGER!!!!

Get a grip. One night stands are not unheard of.

And in Amanda's case, after trying it once, she decided not to do it again.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
PLEASE, do not compare the average American with Oralloy.

I'm certainly above average. But most Americans stand with me in opposing your monstrous support for harming the innocent.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Americans have their faults but god forbid we should stoop to the level of denigrating the parents of the victim,

First of all, the victims here are Amanda and Raffaele. They are the ones who were illegally held in prison for four years, under criminally abusive conditions, when it was known from the start that they are innocent.

And second, I only condemn the Kerchers for what they've actually done. Justified criticism is hardly "denigration".

Moment-in-Time wrote:
slandering them,

Criticizing the Kerchers for what they've actually done is in no way slander.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
lying on the victim,

You are the one who is doing that, not me.

You do nothing but spew an endless stream of hate and lies at Amanda.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
because they [the parents] want justice for their murdered daughter.....

Oh nonsense. If the Kerchers wanted justice, they would not have been fighting to block all scrutiny of the fake "evidence".

Moment-in-Time wrote:
No sane American resorts to this level of animal cruelty.

When Karma catches up to the bad guys, good guys have a right to smirk.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 04:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Very true, but note also that Amanda is not nearly as promiscuous as is being portrayed.

I don't know what is worse, that these thugs are actually using "she was asking for it" to justify an atrocity, or that these thugs are lying about one of the victims in order to pretend that she was asking for it.
oralloy

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 04:04 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
She comes across as an individual with a personality disorder manifesting itself in an extreme antisocial attitude with a lack of conscience.

Note that you are the one who eagerly perpetrates atrocities against innocent people. Amanda would never do anything to harm anyone.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
She has only exhibited remorse when she was sentenced

Innocent people don't feel remorse for crimes they didn't commit.

She didn't show remorse at sentencing, nor should she have.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
and total nonchalance at her roommate's murder. Amanda Knox seemed lacking in concern and devoid of human feelings.

Liar.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Jun, 2013 03:47 am

Point of information: The motivation report from Cassation justifying their ruling, and clarifying what they want to achieve from the new trial, is due on or before Monday June 24.

It will probably be released on the last day, but could come earlier (and without warning). I'll try to post news of it if I'm awake/online/on-the-ball/etc. But it might be worth keeping an eye on the news feeds (especially as we get closer and closer to next Monday if it hasn't been released yet).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:55 pm
@parados,
You miss the point. MIT's post was in response to Wandel's.

Quote:
Knox had been in Italy for only two months. Her knowledge of Italian came from a few classes at a college in the U.S. She was still a college undergraduate and only 20 years old. She had only known Sollecito for two weeks -- hardly enough familiarity with someone to start trying kinky sex.

There's quite a discrepancy between the two accounts.
oralloy

Mon 17 Jun, 2013 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Knox had been in Italy for only two months. Her knowledge of Italian came from a few classes at a college in the U.S. She was still a college undergraduate and only 20 years old. She had only known Sollecito for two weeks -- hardly enough familiarity with someone to start trying kinky sex.

There's quite a discrepancy between the two accounts.

That's what happens when you monsters lie. There are sizable discrepancies between your lies and the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 18 Jun, 2013 01:10 pm

Cassation released their motivation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-knox-court-cites-abandoned-theory-sex-game/story?id=19427055
http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-knox-court-cites-abandoned-theory-sex-game/story?id=19427055&page=2

PDF of motivation (in Italian):
http://www.oggi.it/attualita/files/2013/06/omicidio_kercher_motivazioni_cassazione.pdf

Pretty much as expected. Italy is backwards and ignorant, and has no concept of justice or human rights.

I hope Raffaele comes to live in the US so we can protect him.
0 Replies